What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week one semi

TheRev

Coach
In previous years you always want to avoid the Storm or Broncos, let someone else knock them out, and if not, you play them in the grand-final, thats how we made it through to quite a few grandfinals over the years.

But in this case, all of the other 7 teams are extremely beatable if we play well, and *cross-fingers* with luck or injuries.

To put it bluntly we need to beat a top side in a finals game for our own confidence/momentum, and Round 1 is the best time to do that!

always a raider

Juniors
Bring on Canberra I say.

I'm still copping it from raider supporters.

What you have to remember is that the Raiders were playing for their season in Canberra when they beat the Dragons.

Week 1 of the finals at HOME I'll be much more confident.

Because they won't be playing for their season in a sudden death semi? Which team has ended your 7 game streaks the last 2 years? And where were they played?

Godz Illa

Coach
always a raider is right. Canberra have the wood on us in a big way and should cruise to week 2 comfortably. They deserve to be hot favourites, in fact anything less than a 20 point victory can be considered a major choke.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Because they won't be playing for their season in a sudden death semi? Which team has ended your 7 game streaks the last 2 years? And where were they played?

We haven't had a 7 game winning streak this year.

You guys are danerous mate. No doubt. Have the knack against us without a doubt.

Counts for nought in the finals.

Dragon Dave

Bench
The more I think about the more I want to play Canberra. The players/fans mentality changes when the finals come around and as Ronnie just said whatever has happened in the past counts for nothing in the semi's - as we would know.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
It is embarrassing how much they own us.

Looks like we are going to have the play them which sucks :x

Finish minor premiers and get rewarded with that bullsh*t.

Cooper-Man

Bench

Are you f**ken serious man? you sound like a little girls the way your talking.

To make the gf we need to beat the best. If that means we play the inform canberra, so be it.

If we cant beat them then maybe we dont deserve the be there.

Godz Illa

Coach
This thread is part of a master plan to gently coax the Raiders into a false sense of security, while piling all the pressure on to them and off us. I call it the "whiny bitch" phase

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Are you f**ken serious man? you sound like a little girls the way your talking.

To make the gf we need to beat the best. If that means we play the inform canberra, so be it.

If we cant beat them then maybe we dont deserve the be there.
I am a realist not a blinkered fan.

This is the worst team for us to play of the entire top eight. At best we are a coin flip.

It sucks that's all I'm saying. Parramatta last year and now this.

It will be great if we win. Should set us on our way with confidence at it's peak.

It's a big mountain to have to climb in week one that's all I'm saying.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Just dont try and play them up the middle, its their strenghth. We need to shift it a bit before the line and move them around, they dont make the best reads in defence as a unit.

Dragon

Coach
Agreed. Leading into the semis last year (canberra game in particular), teams would simply race up out of the line and hit us hard in defence. And we would just keep taking them on until they got the better of us. I think in that sort of situation (much like the Panthers v Dogs last night) we should shift it wide and go around the rushing defence. A cross field kick/chip would work a charm and make them think twice about getting off their line so quickly.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Who's Ya Daddy? said:

I am a realist not a blinkered fan.

This is the worst team for us to play of the entire top eight. At best we are a coin flip.

It sucks that's all I'm saying. Parramatta last year and now this.

It will be great if we win. Should set us on our way with confidence at it's peak.

It's a big mountain to have to climb in week one that's all I'm saying.
Let me guess, you haven't applied for the job as the club's motivational speaker.

_Johnsy

Referee
"Finish minor premiers and get rewarded with that bullsh*t."

Yeah, how bloody stupid. The side that finishes 1st gets to play the side that finishes 8th, yeah waht a joke.

FMD, Seriously mate. It's the finals. We don't beat them we farkin smash them and show them what finals footy is all about, and we'll be rewarded with a week off.

What are your preferences?

We play the team who finished 14th, we dont play any of the sides who trouble us on the way to the GF (if we make it). Take a bex, a deep breath and have a lie down.

Last edited: