What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Back Luciano

Dragon David

First Grade
Has he been training? Behind the 8 ball in fitness isn’t a good start.
We have some late arrivals to the club now. Obviously they missed our pre-season training so I'm sure that our trainers will have a fairly rigid program designed to get these latest signings up to speed so to say or thereabouts by the start of the competition in about 2 weeks time.

SEAT 1A

Bench
We have some late arrivals to the club now. Obviously they missed our pre-season training so I'm sure that our trainers will have a fairly rigid program designed to get these latest signings up to speed so to say or thereabouts by the start of the competition in about 2 weeks time.

Do you ease Luc in off the bench? Eisenhuth and Su'a to start. But how long for.

Kyle to start in 6 and Jesse 14. Thought Jesse was a standout and move Kyle back to 14 at some time.

possm

Coach
I tend to agree but we're thin in the halves and we could also simply release him when it suits us better rather than using the torment method to test his resolve.
If we release Hunt, you can be sure he would want is contract paid out or a least a sizable part of it paid out. However, if he wants out, we can make it a condition that he can leave but without any payout.

Dragon David

First Grade
Do you ease Luc in off the bench? Eisenhuth and Su'a to start. But how long for.

Kyle to start in 6 and Jesse 14. Thought Jesse was a standout and move Kyle back to 14 at some time.
All of the above Seat1A. It would be good if LL came on during the first half when most of the regular first graders will be on so that they can try a few things on the left hand side with him. While defence will be the order of the day, our attack needs to click and this is what trials are for. It is important that they try several moves and even if they don't come off to the letter, they can keep practising it in this trial to get it as right as they can.

Jesse needs plenty of game time too not just 10 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised that when he does come on he will set up a couple of tries.

Hunt wanted to move on @possm, but I think the backstory is that the club refused to budge and read him and his manager the riot act.

I can’t see him at Hooker either, he’s just too valuable where he is.

The other difficulty is that halves are too precious a commodity at the moment. The game simply doesn’t have as many good ones as we’d like.

So the forces of supply and demand will keep him here.

But if it’s any consolation, it’s likely to be against his will and he’s just going to have to stfu, suffer and ride it out.

Any more carry on or if he starts the flog during games, I’d be minded to drop him.

He’s not worthy of being a captain, that’s for sure. That’s an awful decision by flanno and the club. That hurts and to me, rubs in the disrespect.

See the dogs have elevated Crichton, that’s just madness. Talk about panic and the season hasn’t started.

What they’ve done to Burto, taken his edge away, now his co captaincy.

Gus is trying the Moylan experiment again. That didn’t end well, he walked!

Gus is poison at the moment. Lost his mojo.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
All of the above Seat1A. It would be good if LL came on during the first half when most of the regular first graders will be on so that they can try a few things on the left hand side with him. While defence will be the order of the day, our attack needs to click and this is what trials are for. It is important that they try several moves and even if they don't come off to the letter, they can keep practising it in this trial to get it as right as they can.

Jesse needs plenty of game time too not just 10 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised that when he does come on he will set up a couple of tries.
I think Su'A will be selected on the left edge this season. Lwilua to the right edge.

hewi

Bench
The NRL is investigating St George-Illawarra’s new signing Luciano Leilua’s failure to disclose a recent drink-driving offence.
His former club the Cowboys and the NRL were kept in the dark for weeks, only made aware of his indiscretion via a phone call tip-off from a local newspaper editor.
Townsville Bulletin editor Cas Garvey phoned Cowboys CEO Jeff Reibel when Leilua turned up to court on February 7 in a T-shirt, shorts and joggers — and without a solicitor to represent him.
It was almost three weeks after he had been charged. Reibel was straight on the phone to the NRL to alert the integrity unit.
The NRL has strict guidelines around players and clubs reporting any police charges or off-field misbehaviour. It has to be done straight away.
On January 21, the Dragons’ new signing was stopped by police at 12.35am in Townsville. He recorded a blood alcohol reading of 0.052 – just above the legal limit.
Cowboys star Luciano Leilua arrives in court in shorts and shirt. Picture: Blair Jackson

Cowboys star Luciano Leilua arrives in court in shorts and shirt. Picture: Blair Jackson
He pleaded guilty in court and was issued a $300 fine and a one-month driving suspension.
Leilua was interviewed by the integrity unit last week, and now faces a possible fine.
It turns out he had not even informed his manager Mario Tartak of the charges.
The drink-driving charge, his failure to alert the club and, according to club sources, a poor attitude at training, is why Reibel and coach Todd Payten gave him the OK to negotiate elsewhere.
You certainly don’t let such explosive edge forwards loose unless there is a good reason.
There were reservations by some officials at St George-Illawarra before he was signed to a three-year $1.8 million contract last week.
Coach Shane Flanagan has no doubts he will add enormous strike power to his struggling club.
It’s a matter of getting him right off the field.
An NRL spokesman said: “The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the matter and is liaising with relevant parties.”

SnowDragon

Juniors
600k/yr is better then 900k, even if we need to sort out his issues first. 0.052 is borderline. Not good, and possibly an indication of some issues, and on top of previous stuff going on im glad we have a strong coach in Flanno. Still I’m happier about the value now.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If you tested 0.052 what would u do?

I would want that machine triple checked ??? And demand a blood test etc

Not that is the heart of the concern here.

He has been angling to leave and or he has some real attitude issues that need to be dealt with.

Cupper

Juniors
600k/yr is better then 900k, even if we need to sort out his issues first. 0.052 is borderline. Not good, and possibly an indication of some issues, and on top of previous stuff going on im glad we have a strong coach in Flanno. Still I’m happier about the value now.
Where did you see the 600k?

It’s his unwillingness to come clean, mucking about and not owning up at training that’s in play.

Maybe he’s going the way of his brother?

He’d be on his final go.

What about the snitch editor? Some guy in the media playing righteous? I hate snitches.

Last edited:

Latest posts