What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to our newest NRL Franchise, the Dolphins

Weren't you on here a year back claiming Brisbane is not a rugby league city and should only have one team?

đŸ™„

It must really get under your skin that the Easts Tigers and Redcliffe Dolphins are both richer than the Broncos, despite never playing in the NRL, thus proving Brisbane could easily support three teams and may very well have the Firehawks entering the competition by 2028.

I'm a big fan of how your posts always seem to be wrongly claim what someone else said and then call something that you've made up a "fact".

I never said Brisbane wasn't a Rugby League city, I may have talked down how much of a Rugby League city it is, but your statement is mega hyperbole.

Look at all the big sports around the world. All of their teams sell out or come close to selling out their games. Most teams would see a stadium of only 50-70% filled on a weekly basis and would be in panic mode. Whereas with Rugby League in Brisbane, somehow this is amazing and we need another team to come in and get a share. It's madness.

Easts and Redcliffe having more money than the Broncos just shows how unsuccessful the Broncos are, which is what I've been saying all along. This doesn't at all prove any point that you're trying to make. The Broncos with all of their gate revenue, sponsorship and merchandising, along with similar leagues club revenue to Easts and Redcliffe and they are barely turning a profit and you think it's a good idea for another team to share the pot? Wait until Redcliffe have to spend an extra 10mil a year on player salaries alone. Then you've got coaching and development staff, renting out a certain expensive stadium.

I will say, if they were going to add another Brisbane team, Redcliffe is the best choice. They will have somewhat of a fan base at least. But they will need more to be successful. Once the shine wears off the early days, it will take Melbourne Storm like success on the field for them to keep fans coming to games. Even you, who has been the biggest proponent for a second Brisbane team, have said that you will still be a Cowboys fan. You've also said that Suncorp Stadium is too hard for you to get to. Guess where they're playing their games, champ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Weren't you on here a year back claiming Brisbane is not a rugby league city and should only have one team?

đŸ™„

It must really get under your skin that the Easts Tigers and Redcliffe Dolphins are both richer than the Broncos, despite never playing in the NRL, thus proving Brisbane could easily support three teams and may very well have the Firehawks entering the competition by 2028.
Having more pokie machines than someone else is hardly anything g to be proud of! It’s very likely that broncos have a higher annual profit than either of those clubs. And I guess if you’re counting the parent company then you’d have to count news ltds revenue and profit given they own the broncos lol,

Having more pokie machines than someone else is hardly anything g to be proud of! It’s very likely that broncos have a higher annual profit than either of those clubs. And I guess if you’re counting the parent company then you’d have to count news ltds revenue and profit given they own the broncos lol,
Broncos Leagues went bust a few years back and relied on Easts Leagues to get back on their feet.

I'm a big fan of how your posts always seem to be wrongly claim what someone else said and then call something that you've made up a "fact".

I never said Brisbane wasn't a Rugby League city, I may have talked down how much of a Rugby League city it is, but your statement is mega hyperbole.

Look at all the big sports around the world. All of their teams sell out or come close to selling out their games. Most teams would see a stadium of only 50-70% filled on a weekly basis and would be in panic mode. Whereas with Rugby League in Brisbane, somehow this is amazing and we need another team to come in and get a share. It's madness.

Easts and Redcliffe having more money than the Broncos just shows how unsuccessful the Broncos are, which is what I've been saying all along. This doesn't at all prove any point that you're trying to make. The Broncos with all of their gate revenue, sponsorship and merchandising, along with similar leagues club revenue to Easts and Redcliffe and they are barely turning a profit and you think it's a good idea for another team to share the pot? Wait until Redcliffe have to spend an extra 10mil a year on player salaries alone. Then you've got coaching and development staff, renting out a certain expensive stadium.

I will say, if they were going to add another Brisbane team, Redcliffe is the best choice. They will have somewhat of a fan base at least. But they will need more to be successful. Once the shine wears off the early days, it will take Melbourne Storm like success on the field for them to keep fans coming to games. Even you, who has been the biggest proponent for a second Brisbane team, have said that you will still be a Cowboys fan. You've also said that Suncorp Stadium is too hard for you to get to. Guess where they're playing their games, champ?
You did say that Brisbane isn't an RL city. You also claimed Sydney is more of an RL city because it has nine teams.

I've already pre-ordered my Dolphins polo shirt and training shorts, with an expected delivery in mid-December. đŸ˜œ

Redcliffe will not need to find $10m season to cover player salaries. That money will be provided to them by the ARLC via the annual grant, which is 130% of the salary cap. Just like every other club.

Broncos not selling out a 52k stadium is a strike against a second team because...?

You might have a case if there was a litany of professsional RL clubs drawing 50k fans to their games, but that's not the case, is it?

The Broncos draw twice as many fans to their games than any other professional RL club in the world, making them twice as successful off the field than everyone else.

Do you want the Broncos to be like Man Utd before bringing in Bris 2?

That's never going to happen and doesn't need to for The Dolphins to be successful as an RL club in the NRL. 20k fans attending Lang Park and strong TV ratings will make them an asset to the NRL and help grow the game.

It's bizarre how you want Brisbane to be judged differently to every other city in the world.

How can you say Brisbane should only have one club because the Broncos average 30k fans and not 52k, but argue for Perth and Adelaide to have the same number of teams as Brisbane, despite the fact there's no way they will average 30k?

For what it's worth I think Adelaide and Perth should have teams and will be successful with crowds of 15k.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I have already met a couple of flogs who intend to support both Redcliffe and the Brisbane Broncos
I'm a panthers supporter, and I'm happy to barrack for the dolphins too, not that makes any point of difference, but im more happy to see the dolphins get in ahead of the other two bids that were going, purely based on the way the bids were running, the fact that the jets and firehawks were contemplating a merger of sorts late in the bid process proved to me that they weren't confident and just wanted to win the bid 1st and foremost, where as redcliffe stayed far removed from the BS that the other two were dishing out.... that firehawk conference 6 months back showed how unorganized and how they couldn't handle any media speculation, in which a one team rl city the broncos are constantly in the spotlight.

I'm a panthers supporter, and I'm happy to barrack for the dolphins too, not that makes any point of difference, but im more happy to see the dolphins get in ahead of the other two bids that were going, purely based on the way the bids were running, the fact that the jets and firehawks were contemplating a merger of sorts late in the bid process proved to me that they weren't confident and just wanted to win the bid 1st and foremost, where as redcliffe stayed far removed from the BS that the other two were dishing out.... that firehawk conference 6 months back showed how unorganized and how they couldn't handle any media speculation, in which a one team rl city the broncos are constantly in the spotlight.
All good points you've made and ones I haven't considered.

Firehawks are at least three to five years away from having the infrastructure required to be NRL ready. Hopefully by that stage The Dolphins will be officially known as Moreton Bay Dolphins.

I'd love it if people went to Lang Park with signs that say, "Listen up Abdo, us BRL fans will decide what we'll call our teams."

blaza88z

Coach

It's one thing wanting to see a team do well, compared to being a fully fledged fan of the club.

MugaB

Coach
It's one thing wanting to see a team do well, compared to being a fully fledged fan of the club.
Well its also another thing to want to see them fail as a club rival too, something that most manly, cronulla, storm and penrith fans tend to see quite often, even the media love to stick the boot in.... then hit repeat

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe they got wind that news ltd had already decided who should be in and it was a last desperate attempt to get the NRL to see sense?

my point exactly, they make their profit through the football club, not through pokies that happen to be attached to a football club.
Dolphins and Tigers have assets generating revenue outside of their football department and Leagues clubs. Throw them in the NRL and they will acquire lucrative sponsorship deals, as the Dolphins have just done with Kings.

Dolphins will be one of the strongest and most valuable assets in the NRL by 2030.

disturbinglead.jpg

lynx000

Juniors

He has problems getting out of his parent's house, let alone getting to a game. The big wide world is a bit scary for Donkey.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ha
Dolphins and Tigers have assets generating revenue outside of their football department and Leagues clubs. Throw them in the NRL and they will acquire lucrative sponsorship deals, as the Dolphins have just done with Kings.

Dolphins will be one of the strongest and most valuable assets in the NRL by 2030.
what are they and how much profit are they generating? That’s a big claim for a club that’s got one sponsor and no fans yet lol.

He has problems getting out of his parent's house, let alone getting to a game. The big wide world is a bit scary for Donkey.
You're having problems accepting that your team has sucked donkey balls for one and a half decades and is the laughing stock of Australian sport.

Does 2015 still hurt?

Long live The Dolphins.