What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Its so RL to base expansion decisions on removing the most popular club off fta to appease a tv corp who want to drive people to subscribe to its channel in that city lol

I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies but Vlandys mates got just what they wanted and now FTA carries all the risk. If the new club is more Titans than Storm then FTA loses out big time in this deal.
Not a bad thing though that more teams get exposure to FTA and who cares about 9, do they care about us? Fox pays more so why not do that, especially if they are going to up their payments to cover expansion.

9 is embarrassing, Gould (as usual) did nothing but bag the game during our showpiece event on Sunday night

Last edited:
They gonna be awesome and remain Redcliffe still or do something stupid and call themselves Brisbane?

Right decision. Now to figure out where Team 18 comes from.
With Vlandys my bet would be Ipswich.
Fish where the fish are is his phylosophy

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
So what was the go with the stadium for Redcliffe? Are they going to play out of Moreton Daily Stadium, and some games at Suncorp?

Is Moreton Daily even up to full-time NRL standard? Its capacity is only 11,500?
I’ve heard it mentioned twice that it’s 8 games at Suncorp, 3 in Redcliffe, 1 Sunny Coast and 1 elsewhere/Magic round.
It appears the Dolphins are playing 13 home games

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah i am not a fan of calling them Brisbane Dolphins. You want a bit of a difference to the Broncos.

And i am not of fan of having 2 teams under the same name like Brisbane. It may work in other sports.

Even the AFL at least called the 2nd sydney team GWS and wasnt just called the Sydney Giants.

At least the redcliffe name is representing an area. I suppose will it generate enough support in SEQ.

My father told me he hated redcliffe back in the BRL days in the mid 80s when he was up in brisbane playing football. He said he loved beating them

mongoose

Coach
Yeah i am not a fan of calling them Brisbane Dolphins. You want a bit of a difference to the Broncos.

And i am not of fan of having 2 teams under the same name like Brisbane. It may work in other sports.

Even the AFL at least called the 2nd sydney team GWS and wasnt just called the Sydney Giants.

At least the redcliffe name is representing an area. I suppose will it generate enough support in SEQ.

My father told me he hated redcliffe back in the BRL days in the mid 80s when he was up in brisbane playing football. He said he loved beating them
this has been discussed ad nauseum in the expansion forum. It needs to be a second Brisbane team or a team that represents a large area at least, not just a suburb. Are people across Brisbane going to want to support a Redcliffe team? maybe, maybe not.
Moreton Bay Dolphins, South QLD Dolphins, East Coast Dolphins could all work....

Smug Panther

First Grade
this has been discussed ad nauseum in the expansion forum. It needs to be a second Brisbane team or a team that represents a large area at least, not just a suburb. Are people across Brisbane going to want to support a Redcliffe team? maybe, maybe not.
Moreton Bay Dolphins, South QLD Dolphins, East Coast Dolphins could all work....
A silly name change won't fool anyone. They are who they are

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Will probably be Brisbane or Redcliffe Dolphins, but would also consider Northside Dolphins, alongside some of the other names mentioned. You either live on the north side or south side of Brisbane...

Exsilium

First Grade
If they change the name, they change the historical value of the club itself. If that happens, it really didn’t matter who put their hand up, so long as they had the cash.

Jamberoo

Juniors
I’ve heard it mentioned twice that it’s 8 games at Suncorp, 3 in Redcliffe, 1 Sunny Coast and 1 elsewhere/Magic round.
It appears the Dolphins are playing 13 home games
One of those Suncorp games is away v Broncos.

flippikat

Bench
9 reporting that the Dolphins will be announced this week
Yeah, I think the final meetings are Thurs/Friday with stakeholders (basically existing clubs, broadcasters & the bids), so it's quite plausible we'll have a press conference on Friday.

Latest posts