What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
The last two weeks for the Dolphins shows we've hit the wall in our debut season, all downhill from here. Too many injuries, not enough talent yet, we'll end up somewhere like 12th to 15th

xe_kilroy

Juniors
I picked 10-14 before the season began.
Good guess.

I tbink every team except maybe the Tigers and Dragons has a good chance of finishing above the Dolphins now (given the injury list adding up). Of course Dolphins can still finish better, as players cone back and maybe unearth players

Canard

Immortal
The last two weeks for the Dolphins shows we've hit the wall in our debut season, all downhill from here. Too many injuries, not enough talent yet, we'll end up somewhere like 12th to 15th
In reality that's a great outcome.

What I predict though is that the media will turn on the team and expansion.

After that early burst of good results, the media was over the top about expansion, 20 teams! Three more in Brisbane! One in Timbuktu!

By the end of the season, it will be "NRL plans in doubt due to Dolphins lack of success"

Which is all frogshit of course, as if the Dolphins winning or losing 2 or 3 more games should impact anything like this

xe_kilroy

Juniors
In reality that's a great outcome.

What I predict though is that the media will turn on the team and expansion.

After that early burst of good results, the media was over the top about expansion, 20 teams! Three more in Brisbane! One in Timbuktu!

By the end of the season, it will be "NRL plans in doubt due to Dolphins lack of success"

Which is all frogshit of course, as if the Dolphins winning or losing 2 or 3 more games should impact anything like this
If the media turn on them (and expansion) it will be in year two/three imo if they continue to struggle or slide into weekly thrashings and 10k crowds in 2024. Debut season they get a pass because a really short time given to acquire players, establish, and had their struggles attracting top players. They've signed a couple for 2024 but they need to do a very lot more or it will get ugly.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
If the media turn on them (and expansion) it will be in year two/three imo if they continue to struggle or slide into weekly thrashings and 10k crowds in 2024. Debut season they get a pass because a really short time given to acquire pkayers, establish, and had their struggles attracting top players. They've signed a couple for 2024 but they need to do a very lot more or it will get ugly.

They should get a pass, but the recency bias in the current NRL media, is over the top lately.

docbrown

Coach
There's a real logjam in the middle of the ladder, there's not going to be much between about 6th and 14th.
I tend to look at the teams' loss record. If you took out the byes:

4 losses - Panthers, Broncos
5 losses - Rabbitohs, Sharks, Storm
6 losses & a draw - Sea Eagles, Knights
6 losses - Warriors, Raiders, Roosters
7 losses - Titans, Dolphins, Eels - 2 points outside the Top 8
8 losses - Cowboys, Bulldogs - 4 points outside the Top 8
10 losses - Tigers, Dragons - 8 points outside the Top 8

That's a close competition.

For comparison here's the fumbles:
1 loss - Magpiescum
2 losses - Powerscum
4 losses - Demonscum, Lionscum, St Scum
5 losses - Essenscum, Fremantlescum
6 losses - Dogscum, Catscum, Sunscum
7 losses - Swanscum, Tigerscum, Bluescum - 2 points outside the Top 8
8 losses - Giantscum - 4 points outside the Top 8
9 losses - Hawkscum - 6 points outside the Top 8
10 losses - Kangarooscum - 8 points outside the Top 8
11 losses - Eaglescum - 10 points outside the Top 8

Colk

First Grade
If the media turn on them (and expansion) it will be in year two/three imo if they continue to struggle or slide into weekly thrashings and 10k crowds in 2024. Debut season they get a pass because a really short time given to acquire players, establish, and had their struggles attracting top players. They've signed a couple for 2024 but they need to do a very lot more or it will get ugly.

I think they are recruiting very well. Farnworth and Flagler are great gets. They might just need a couple more players for depth.

They’ll be fine next year.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
I think they are recruiting very well. Farnworth and Flagler are great gets. They might just need a couple more players for depth.

They’ll be fine next year.
Little by little. Rome and a day. The backline needs more tho. Both wingers, both centers, both halves.

Colk

First Grade
Little by little. Rome and a day. The backline needs more tho. Both wingers, both centers, both halves.

Yeah I don’t think Brenko is up to it. Tesi Niu is ok. Isaako has been a lot better than I thought.

Milford is past it but Katoa has been and O’Sullivan was good. So maybe another back and another half.

I think the biggest thing is the regeneration of the forward pack in a couple of years. Gilbert and Flegler will help but you need a couple more young forwards in the next couple of years.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
Yeah I don’t think Brenko is up to it. Tesi Niu is ok. Isaako has been a lot better than I thought.

Milford is past it but Katoa has been and O’Sullivan was good. So maybe another back and another half.

I think the biggest thing is the regeneration of the forward pack in a couple of years. Gilbert and Flegler will help but you need a couple more young forwards in the next couple of years.
Yep, youre right about the forwards. The backs you mention are ok, but more backup quality still. Not fussed tbo, i know it will take time and Redcliffe is a very good football organization.

MugaB

Coach

Nikorima is that back up half.... its the lack of O'Sullivan Gilbert and Kafusi is why they've lost recently, all 3 are not there, it makes or breaks them this season, can run without one maybe 2, but not all 3

Colk

First Grade
Nikorima is that back up half.... its the lack of O'Sullivan Gilbert and Kafusi is why they've lost recently, all 3 are not there, it makes or breaks them this season, can run without one maybe 2, but not all 3

Forgot about Nikorima. Cheers

Latest posts