What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Done Alan Tounge

mongoose

Coach
simon says said:
Nice work Eddie.......very Croydon-esque thread...cough cough.

Must be fun to sit back and watch the Raider boys thinking that you rate one of their boys.....very amusing.

To my surprise no one got it........oh well.

good one tigers fans, us raiders fans look quite the fools :sarcasm:

mocking alan tongue after a 50 point win... you got us there

ak47

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
All the players i mentioned would get more money on the open market then Tongue, says it all. If he was that good he would be generating $300,000 on the open market.

No rep sides, no awards, not as good as what some think.

I think he's an important part of the Canberra side, but i doubt whether he would be that good anywhere else?

Tongue wears his heart on his sleeve, and plays for the love of the game, and gets money on the side for it.

you cant put a price on loyalty and pride - the NRL wont, as there is no loyalty clause in the cap

Tongue doesnt play for his value - if he did he would be elswhere already.
No rep sides you ask - i ask, was the rep side selected correctly - as we NSW got smashed

Not as good as what some think?? - go to the players poll - that some u refer too are minority

He didnt sleep for 48hrs to ice his knee, to be match ready
We win 56-10

SBW or any other player would have been out @ hasim saleh's club, after a good sesh at the cloey

I think I'll prefer a man of the club............the footy club that is!!!!!!!!

ak47

Juniors
Alan Tongue standing ovation as he walked off just shows what he means to the club, what does behind the scenes - blindfolded to any other club supporter

innsaneink said:
Must be some good gear doing the rounds....peeps saying they have Tongue over SBW.

LMTO

Uh....why are you laughing your tits off?

Tongue is an awesome player. Sure he's small, but he's an awesome defender and gets through a mile of work. Pretty good step too. He also holds the tackling record, and he scored the most tries last year for a forward. (yes more than Menzies). He's a great support player.

Tongue > Galea, Pommy Heinington, L. Fulton & Halatau.

Chachi

Bench
Players like Alan Tongue are the reason I follow Rugby League. SBW and many others of those mentioned are good players but I quite honestly wouldn't want any of them over our captain.

He doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him either. Fans of other teams can try to sh!t stir us all they want with pathetic insults but the fact is Alan Tongue is rated highly by his peers, is a class act and is an absolute tribute to the game - unlike many of those other Daily Telecrap heroes out there.

Chachi said:
Players like Alan Tongue are the reason I follow Rugby League. SBW and many others of those mentioned are good players but I quite honestly wouldn't want any of them over our captain.

He doesn't need me or anyone else to defend him either. Fans of other teams can try to sh!t stir us all they want with pathetic insults but the fact is Alan Tongue is rated highly by his peers, is a class act and is an absolute tribute to the game - unlike many of those other Daily Telecrap heroes out there.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ron Jeremy said:
The reason why he isn't selected is because he's not good enough, end of story. They'r e more qualified on selecting players then you or I. And Crocker played Rep footy, and was a gun player.
Ive been picked up for this before but crocker now plays for melbourne and yes he has played rep footy , but Croker who has also played rep footy but should of represented hell of alot more, he had 1 test in 2000 he should of toured with the kangaroos back in 94 after we won the comp. If it wasnt for henry costigan would not of got a go this year either. the selectors arent necessary more qualified they are just in the position to get their way , the NSW selectors went hiding after the 1st two origins , but they are more qualified it was the coaches fault. The selectors are people with an opinion no different to you or me. tongue barring injury will represent next year. As for your list of 2nd rowers I'll take tongue over any of them. whole hearted player who puts in for the whole 80mins , Hindmarsh might be the only other one who can match that.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I like Alan Tongue as a player, he is the type of bloke that holds a team together. JT referred to Luke Stuart as our 'glue' earlier in the year when he missed a game. He is the type of bloke that every team needs, does the sh*t that nobody else wants to. His importance to Canberra probably can't be overstated.

But he is a decent player at best. And simply because he is the most underrated player in the game does not make him otherwise. The reason that he doesn't get picked for rep footy is because he is not good enough. The fact that he plays for Canberra has nothing to do with it. Ash Harrison played Origin footy whilst with us and Costigan is a current Origin player as well. I'm not putting sh*t on him, but as an unbiased observer of the chap that is how it is.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Nathan Hindmarsh
Luke O' Donnell
SBW
Dallas Johnston

there the only ones from Ron's list whom you could even make a plauseable case for over Tongue

innsaneink

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
Uh....why are you laughing your tits off?

Tongue is an awesome player. Sure he's small, but he's an awesome defender and gets through a mile of work. Pretty good step too. He also holds the tackling record, and he scored the most tries last year for a forward. (yes more than Menzies). He's a great support player.

Tongue > Galea, Pommy Heinington, L. Fulton & Halatau.

I didnt mention him over those WTs players....nice juvenile dig there too, find it hard to converse without some petty cracks eh?. :roll:

If you read carefully I mentioned another player people said theyd take him over.

Clue: Starts with S, ends in W...Raiduh mentioned him too.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Those i mentioned above are the only blokes who are imo maybe better players then alan tongue, but then you consider the price tag, the injury concerns and the passion factor, imo it tips the scales in tongues favour... he is better value for money then any player in the game, his passion and commitment is second to none, add to that most of them are back rowers not lock forwards

Hindmarsh is top draw, on the best 2nd rowers ive seen, but he does no more or less then Alan Tongue work rate wise, he is abit more potent in attack but for that probably costs an extra 150k

SBW is earning bullsh*t money for a bloke who plays 10 games a season, he's an awesome player on his day but he's hardly on the field and when he is, he's not always as dominate as he could be... all for around 400k a season

Luke O'Donnell: Injury, suspension concerns, but a f**king top shelf player, not sure weather you'd classify him a lock forward. But again value for money, he doesnt have much more impact then alan tongue and he costs f**k loads more

Dallas Johnson: Sorry, but he is a poor mans tongue, he is exactly the same type of player but tongue is superior. Thats not to say he's not a good player, very good defender, tough as nails, and deserves his spot for QLD... but he is a poor mans alan tongue

how many players these days have gotten a standing ovation from the crowd, like tongue received yesterday?

Fatdog

Juniors
If they had rep team just for redheads Alan Tounge would be certain starter. Probably Captain.

2.Joel Monaghan
3.David Stagg
5.Brett Dallas
6. peter Wallace
7. Mick Neil
8.Brad Meyers
10.Keith Galloway
11.Glenn Morrison
12.Paul Vautin
13.Alan Tounge (C)

Thats all the rangas I could think of off the top of my head.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ak47 said:
Tongue wears his heart on his sleeve, and plays for the love of the game, and gets money on the side for it.

you cant put a price on loyalty and pride - the NRL wont, as there is no loyalty clause in the cap

Tongue doesnt play for his value - if he did he would be elswhere already.
No rep sides you ask - i ask, was the rep side selected correctly - as we NSW got smashed

Not as good as what some think?? - go to the players poll - that some u refer too are minority

He didnt sleep for 48hrs to ice his knee, to be match ready
We win 56-10

SBW or any other player would have been out @ hasim saleh's club, after a good sesh at the cloey

I think I'll prefer a man of the club............the footy club that is!!!!!!!!

I have never said that Tongue lacked heart, i wish all players had the heart he has, and he's an important link to the Canberra side, Steve Sharp was the same at Parra in the 80's as well as Paul Taylor.

You mean Hassan Saleh? the guy is a complete wank, i went to school with the guy;-) and at school his father owned a night club called the IceBox or something like that? is it the same one?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raidersrawesome said:
Ive been picked up for this before but crocker now plays for melbourne and yes he has played rep footy , but Croker who has also played rep footy but should of represented hell of alot more, he had 1 test in 2000 he should of toured with the kangaroos back in 94 after we won the comp. If it wasnt for henry costigan would not of got a go this year either. the selectors arent necessary more qualified they are just in the position to get their way , the NSW selectors went hiding after the 1st two origins , but they are more qualified it was the coaches fault. The selectors are people with an opinion no different to you or me. tongue barring injury will represent next year. As for your list of 2nd rowers I'll take tongue over any of them. whole hearted player who puts in for the whole 80mins , Hindmarsh might be the only other one who can match that.

Don't change my quotes. He won't play next year as simply there are players out there with more ability. Tongue isn't made for SOO, the Maroons would have a field day runing at Tongue.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Your opinion.

which as we're all aware here, is gospel ;-)

And if he were to play origin, alan tongue would be about the last NSW player Henry and Mal Meninga would be instructing their side to run at, because as far as defenders go, there are few better in rugby league then him

Ron Jeremy said:
Don't change my quotes. He won't play next year as simply there are players out there with more ability. Tongue isn't made for SOO, the Maroons would have a field day runing at Tongue.
Where did i change your quote? you spelt crocker as in the storm player I spelt croker as in Raiders legend. Thank god SOO is the only rep footy played , there is Country/City which would be the 1st call for tongue , as many 'experts" said early in the year Tongue could feel unlucky to miss out. As for SOO there have been lesser players picked to represent their state and perform above peoples expectations. Tongue would not let anyone down, and I'll say again I'll have him befor anyone else.He is a very popular player and a player that his teammates want next to them out on the field.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raidersrawesome said:
Where did i change your quote? you spelt crocker as in the storm player I spelt croker as in Raiders legend. Thank god SOO is the only rep footy played , there is Country/City which would be the 1st call for tongue , as many 'experts" said early in the year Tongue could feel unlucky to miss out. As for SOO there have been lesser players picked to represent their state and perform above peoples expectations. Tongue would not let anyone down, and I'll say again I'll have him befor anyone else.He is a very popular player and a player that his teammates want next to them out on the field.

Sorry, my bad, you're totally right. I meant Croker.

Ron Jeremy said:

Are you f**king kidding me???

Tongue is one of the best tacklers in the game.....................

Latest posts