What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Done Sticky

Since 73

First Grade
You have done a great job in 2 weeks.

We have gone to the most boring side in the comp to one that tests the opposition out wide, through the middle, over the top and with good kicks to the flanks.
Great variety from 2 halves who have had 3 whole games together.

We crossed the stripe 5 times today with 3 disallowed - 2 should've been given.
We could've/should've gone in at least another couple of times.

True we let them in for a couple of weak tries but somethings gotta give.
We ain't the side that just wants to tackle anymore.
We ain't the side that wants an 80 minute arm wrestle anymore.
More imprtantly..
We ain't the side that settles for 2 tries a game anymore.

We are chancing our arm more and intensity in defence has dropped.
love it.

I'm prepared to write this season off it means we continue to develop this new approach.
Things could not continue the way they were going - we had become the joke of the league.

We are threatening but excecution is poor due to personnel and guys adapting to Sticky's new style.

Really easy to be critical of elements of the game - but I can't be bothered.
I'm loving this.
Watching this mob is a thousand miles from the sh*te we were dishing up in the first 4 rounds.

This team will evolve. interesting to notice the guys whose games have lifted with us using the ball more and those who are off the pace.
Simmo and Brown are new players.
Covell is being left behind.

Score no indication of the game today.
I reckon more most of it we were the better side.

I hope Sticky continues in this vein and tell them to pull their heads in and focus more on tightening the game up with the wrestle/defence mentality.

Inferno

Coach
I disagree, I think we went wide far too often without earning the right with the hard yards up the middle of the paddock.

Need to be a few changes otherwise we'll get smashed pillar to post for the rest of the season.

Gallen back next week should help, but unless we can clone him, its only a start.

cheese

Bench
We lost, but we lost pretty.

Something that we haven't done in years.

I'm not as shattered as I should be .......It think we're finally on our way up

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I disagree, I think we went wide far too often without earning the right with the hard yards up the middle of the paddock.

Need to be a few changes otherwise we'll get smashed pillar to post for the rest of the season.

Gallen back next week should help, but unless we can clone him, its only a start.

I agree. 793 metres is unacceptable. I bet we got a couple thousand metres sideways though.

DJDL

First Grade
I agree. 793 metres is unacceptable. I bet we got a couple thousand metres sideways though.

That's one thing which is really starting to p*** me off with our structure, in particular coming from our own end.
Every time it is left to wingers/centres/fullbacks to make dummy half runs. Sure, the first couple of tackles is acceptable, but on the 4th play? Where the f*** is the hooker for starters? And where the f*** are the forwards?

The hooker should be back in position, and organising what is going on from dummy half by the 3rd tackle at the latest.

It is very hard for your backs to shine when the forwards are just not doing their job

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know about you blokes but it is mentally draining at my age.

Popper, can you send me up some of your pills.

I have no constructive criticism to contribute at this stage of the night.

Perhaps we should just get em on the piss, get em laid, get em fighting one another in public bars, just like every other club.

Would lift the morale amongst them. I know it would lift my moral at the moment.

REMEMBER, "if it doesn't kill you, it can't hurt you."

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
How did Stuart come to be called Sticky, when his side can't even manage to hold the ball in 50% of sets? Yes, the refereeing is crap (as it seems to be in all games I have watched this season), but holding on to the pill would go a long way to nullifying the impact of that

Alan Shore

First Grade
I haven't seen us get a quick play-the-ball this season either. That's the problem - our forwards aren't aiming up.

feeding frenzy

Juniors

yes 100% agree you have to earn the right to attack and that is by punching through the middle not once this year has our forward pack had control of the ruck which leads me to the 2 referees clamping down on wrestling without doubt us and manly , Melbourne were the best at it last year that is why we finished equal first however alot of people think the speed of the game has increased by having 2 refs personally i dont and i would love to see a stat on how many pens we have given away this year compared to last for that reason the WRESTLE.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I've seen some of the best attacking football by the Sharks this year in 8 years.
patience will see the Sharks return to the halicon open footy days of pre-Anderson Kimmorley. Free running Rats, Prestos & Peaches.
Kinda like the Titans.

*Bump*

C'mon Since 73 more positive threads like this!

Not wrist slitting threads like "Last night was worrying."

Keep talking things up in this thread.