What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well FMD! The NRL really has gone troppo. Wilton charged

Gallen Towers

Juniors
Charging Wilton is utterly ridiculous, but by making it a $1000 fine they put the club in a position where fighting it will cost much more than paying the fine. What a joke.

Would love to know who is on the MRC.

I know who the peanut is that heads it up so I can imagine what intelligence is under him.

R-15-3

Bench
What iv noticed more and more as the season has gone on is the referees are being more and more influenced by players pleading for penalties yelling and screaming like toddlers waving arms around and players laying down faking injuries.

We are the worst at behaving like babies or laying down and never get the benefit that other teams get by doing it.
We have to many nice guys and are terrible at the Mexican stand off and give up and keep playing on, as much as I hate teams doing it we need to join the circus.

Chimp

Bench
What iv noticed more and more as the season has gone on is the referees are being more and more influenced by players pleading for penalties yelling and screaming like toddlers waving arms around and players laying down faking injuries.

We are the worst at behaving like babies or laying down and never get the benefit that other teams get by doing it.
We have to many nice guys and are terrible at the Mexican stand off and give up and keep playing on, as much as I hate teams doing it we need to join the circus.
No, no, no…. I could never condone play acting - I hate, hate, hate it…. It’s says something about the spirit and culture of your team - I couldn’t support it, even if it meant us winning games we might otherwise lose - the victory would be completely hollow if we snagged a win based on a last second milked/play acted penalty.
On top of that, I think if teams are pulling these tricks, they’re looking for a short cut, a cheap way out…. Whenever our team have tried these things, we’re usually playing crap, because the players are looking for the easy way to win, rather than rolling up the sleeves, biting down on the mouth guard and getting stuck in to the hard work.

shaggs

Coach
I'm pretty much looking forward to the National Touch Football League in about 10 years.
I play oztag multiple times a week at various grounds and for a “non-contact” sport there is a lot of contact. No one flops about about or Carries on unless it’s a cheap shot.

Maybe nrl players need to watch some unfit 40 year olds run around to see what they should be doing. (Except the dropping the ball and kicking out on the full stuff)

Frailty

First Grade
My initial reaction was "typical, but at least it's only a fine".
But what this does is makes it Tieg's second offence, so his third offence will have higher penalty again. Exactly what the Sharks don't need going into the Finals.

There is absolutely no doubt that the Sharks are copping it from the MRC and Judiciary process. Literally from Round 2 when Teig copped a suspension for contact with a kicker (after Parramatta complained) and no other player has been suspended since for the same act. Dale gets suspended for a head clash, yet we've seen multiple since and no other player is getting charged. Nikora got suspended for a "hip drop" that was exactly the same as Brandon Smith's last week who ended up with a fine.

shaggs

Coach
Daddy said he was sick quigs cmon man you have to believe him.
Seriously. Who the f**k goes into a cubicle to help their mate spew when they are blind.
Unless he is unconscious on the floor, just leave him. No need to hold his hair back.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Seriously. Who the f**k goes into a cubicle to help their mate spew when they are blind.
Unless he is unconscious on the floor, just leave him. No need to hold his hair back.
That exact comment of mine got deleted in the nrl forum. I was asked to “be better ffs”. 🤡

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Seriously. What an absolute clown show.
What were you suggesting? Could have been anything.
Go woke, go broke as they say.
I suggested like many others that Mann was holding his hair, you know a funny dig at them being in the cubical. Nope!!! Not here. But a mod can mention the manly 7 and it’s allllll good babyyyyy

shadowboxer

First Grade
Where was his old man? Probally holding his wallet.
Whereever that bloke is trouble follows. Pongs would do well to chuck a home alone kid and divorce the old man.

Two things:
When did filming in a public bathroom become legal?
and
Did the Knights drug test the players as soon as they found out about this?