What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We'll Miss Matty Elliott...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Carney was in for the final 6 or 7 games last season, and we lost all of them....

BTW, it's 'hear, hear'. Not 'here, here'. You aren't trying to attract some 13yr old FFB member in your direction 69, you're agreeing with the spoken statement.

:lol: eat it ed
you were wrong, i was right, sucks to be you
:cool:

cant wait to get a "na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" chant going for mr elliott, and i wouldnt concern me one bit if i was doing it on my own! :D

edabomb

First Grade
What was I wrong about?? If it is Carney you're referring to, I'd hardly say I was wrong. I said it would take time for him to become a quality first grader. He still isn't quite there yet. You, on the other hand, stated he was ready to dominate from day one etc...

BTW, still reckon Stickys gonna be the best coach ever??? ;-)

I actually read your viewpoint at cliquehouse the other day. You stated that if Elliott won the comp this season you'd still rate him as a hopeless coach. That's a crusade IMO, and why you're a hopeless analyst of the game of football. You consider someone hopeless, and continue to berate them no matter what. On the other hand I didn't think Carney would be first grade ready until next year, but he is proving he is this season. I can admit I was wrong there.

Even Bay is cutting Elliott some slack, but it's just the same old stuff from you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: cheers ed, as ive said before, being told im hopeless by you is a compliment, and yes, even if we won the comp, elliott would still be a sub par coach :)

and yes, apon retirement stuart will be known as the most successful coach of all time, shame he got promoted from origin so quickly, he'd have wiped goulds record clean off the park

that said he is struggling big time atm, with both selections and tactics, i suspect he is an extremely frustrated coach dealing with frustrated players... its his job to dig them out and im confident he will do just that

Bay56

First Grade
Even Bay is cutting Elliott some slack, but it's just the same old stuff from you.

uhummm I dont think I'm cutting much slack at all to be truthful ed ...

imo it has taken Elliott some 5 years to even start looking like a decent coach ... he's starting to take the good oil from some members of this forum, such a Woodgers, R69 and myself ... before that he was his usual boofhead self ...

I will always remember him as a nice guy but very average coach who tried his best to be funny at the press conference.

I know, I know, I said I wasnt going to comment in this thread but like a kid in a candy store I couldnt help myself.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think this change coincides with him finding out about places like this :lol:
finally taking our advice :lol:
should of done it years ago

edabomb

First Grade
You did a few good things to say about him after the weekend Bay.

Stuart has a huge problem with talent identification. This is a massive problem at a club like the Rorters who rely so heavily on buying players. Stuart took over a great situation at the Rorters, with Fittler having just retired from origin to concentrate on the NRL. He should have won more than the one title given his resources. And it'll be a good long time untill he wins another one.

Raider_69

Post Whore

Stuart has a huge problem with talent identification. This is a massive problem at a club like the Rorters who rely so heavily on buying players. Stuart took over a great situation at the Rorters, with Fittler having just retired from origin to concentrate on the NRL. He should have won more than the one title given his resources. And it'll be a good long time untill he wins another one.

it will be a long time before the chooks win another title, not sticky ;-)
yes he should have won more titles then he did, but recovering from the loss of freddy was always going to be tough, as it was for us with Lozza, plus sticking with Finch really f**ked him big time, young coach, he'll learn from that and win plenty more titles in the future, just i doubt it will be with the chooks

Raider_69

Post Whore
juggalo_strit said:
Always a big fan of him, due to him getting 100% out of the team for all games.

huh? need i remind you of the knights, roosters, sharks games this season?
let alone going back to 2005 and 2004 :lol:

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Edwahu said:
Well thats a big part of whats changed hasnt it. Carney is in and we are not playing so one dimensionally largely as a result. Looks like we may have had a clue after all.

As MH pointed out, I seem to remember a long losing streak there with Carney in the side.

I guess Elliot brought him into grade too early.......

Bay56

First Grade

Ed Ricky got them into 3 GF's ... that is an achievement in itself ... they were not the only team with "resources" ... I thnk it was Jack Gibson that said something on the lines of "dont stay at a club for more than three years".

I'm a fan of Stuart without a doubt ... I think he is a thinking coach ... he has honed his skills with assistance from some of the great coaches.

Bay56

First Grade
Tokyo_Raider said:
As MH pointed out, I seem to remember a long losing streak there with Carney in the side.

We also were hammered in two of the clubs worst defeats this season with J.Smith playing ... Carney not in sight ...

there is one common feature T_R .... one Matt Elliott

when I was calling for Carney's inclusion in the side late last season I was not expecting to win many games ... what I was more concerned with is giving the young guy some experience in FG ... same with Zilly, but Elliott will go down as the coach that never gave this fine talent a chance at the big time

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Deadset, that is one job I would hate. Even when you win, you just can't win.

There's a hell of a lot of coach-coaches out there who always know better.

paulquinn49

Bench
Raider_69 said:
it will be a long time before the chooks win another title, not sticky ;-)
yes he should have won more titles then he did, but recovering from the loss of freddy was always going to be tough, as it was for us with Lozza, plus sticking with Finch really f**ked him big time, young coach, he'll learn from that and win plenty more titles in the future, just i doubt it will be with the chooks

You could be talking about Elliot or Stuart here, wonder why Stuart still has your praise but Elliot doesnt?

Imagine if Ricky took over Roosters in 05, the year after Fittler...what have they done since ...yeah about as much as Raiders without Daley.

Stuart walked into a team full of rep players, Elliot, Brian Smith and **edited** could of coached the Roosters to their GF win in 02

dubby

Bench
Tokyo_Raider said:

:shock:

Oh geez TR, i think you've picked a fight with the wrong crowd with that remark!!

That WAS tongue in cheek wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

TR?? ;-)

Edwahu

Bench
Tokyo_Raider said:

Well, maybe I should have said Carney is been used properly, rather then just been chucked in the side as a last resort.

Like was said as soon as he got a chance to run the side he shone. Are you guys still suggesting he shouldnt of spent the pre-season as halfback and started there from game one?

Daneel

Bench
paulquinn49 said:
Stuart walked into a team full of rep players, Elliot, Brian Smith and **edited** could of coached the Roosters to their GF win in 02

Any of us could have coached the Roosters to that title. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts