What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Delboy

First Grade
12-10 Wenty

Iwi Hauraki best player so far, Ref Lyons smashing Wenty in the penalty count, am told it is "staggering"

Nothing out of the ordinary from anyone, Horo is probably one of our best in the forwards..

20 mins to go, real struggle, falling off tackles, Grehan picks up dropped ball and runs 10 metres to score.. kick Maloney 18-10

Cleaver running strongly, Brod Wright best prop.. Horo just shaded by Iwi

No sign of Hagan apparently, Ben Smith solid thats all, Gaulavao nothing soecial

Delboy

First Grade
24-20 2 mins to go, Lyons gives tghem another penalty.. Wests 10 metres out

Josh Davis goes in the corner, Stagger tells me that ref Steve Lyons has smashed Wenty in the penalties, 24-24 kick to come to Wests,misses DRAW

Forwards played well, Ben Smith didnt play second half, spy will see if any probs

benoir91

Juniors
isnt that twice wenty have let one go on the siren, north syd was the last?
but never mind still doing better then 1sts

Stagger eel

Staff member
Quick run down of each player..

Tim Mortimer: very good at the back, defused every bomb that went his way played well on his feet.

Iwi Hauraki: brilliant, above his weight and was in everything he was very challenging for the defence to stop.

Ben Smith: only played the first half, solid at best.

James Grehan: good allround display.

Jono Wright: good wingmans display...great relief for the forwards out of dummy half.

Mark O'Grady: made some poor choices with the ball but solid at best.

James Maloney: quiet by his standards.

Brod Wright: probably needs to play wider but was busy all day.

Justin horo: best game I've seen him play...very dangerous with the ball and solid in defense, scored a great try by running 30 metres.

Joe Gulavao: caused problems to Wests up the middle but needs to get involved more.

Jeremy Latimore: patchy! fitness still an issue for Lats.

Marty Mitchel: tidy from dummy half but needs to back himself more.

Alf Betham: a couple of crucial errors but did ok in the first half.

Jacod Byrne: very busy in defence.

Nathan Cleaver: was busy around the ruck and held his own.

Brett Blacker: hardly noticed.

Mark Lulland: defensively brilliant and very solid with the ball in his hands.

benoir91

Juniors

Tim Mortimer: very good at the back, defused every bomb that went his way played well on his feet.

Iwi Hauraki: brilliant, above his weight and was in everything he was very challenging for the defence to stop.

Jono Wright: good wingmans display...great relief for the forwards out of dummy half.

Justin horo: best game I've seen him play...very dangerous with the ball and solid in defense, scored a great try by running 30 metres.

Joe Gulavao: caused problems to Wests up the middle but needs to get involved more.

thanks stagger, any word on why smith didnt play 2nd half

I really think if it weren't for a earlier knee injury that Horo would be pushing for a 1st grade spot earlier in the year. He's a good runner of the ball.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he said he was just rested...my gut feeling is that he won't be ready firstgrade for atleast another 2 weeks.

Nikki

Coach
isnt that twice wenty have let one go on the siren, north syd was the last?
but never mind still doing better then 1sts

And guess who we play next week! :lol:

Wenty coulda owned that game today but they were just missing a little bit of spark. Im hoping the draw will do them good going into next weeks game against the top of the table Norths.

There were a couple of First Graders at the game (I spotted the Captain, Robbo and Feleti) and with 20 minutes to go in the second half I yelled for them all to go home coz they were passing on their loser mojo :lol::lol::lol:

benoir91

Juniors
And guess who we play next week! :lol:

Wenty coulda owned that game today but they were just missing a little bit of spark. Im hoping the draw will do them good going into next weeks game against the top of the table Norths.

There were a couple of First Graders at the game (I spotted the Captain, Robbo and Feleti) and with 20 minutes to go in the second half I yelled for them all to go home coz they were passing on their loser mojo :lol::lol::lol:

hahahaha
butt no sign of hagan im guessing?

earl park riot

Juniors
For those who couldn't make it out to Ringrose yesterday the Wenty - Wests match will be available to watch online this week at www.leaguetv.com.au The match is usually uploaded by Wednesday but it might be up a little earlier this week. Will post back here when it's up. We'll also be out at North Sydney Oval this weekend for the top-of-the-table clash with the Bears.

benoir91

Juniors
For those who couldn't make it out to Ringrose yesterday the Wenty - Wests match will be available to watch online this week at www.leaguetv.com.au The match is usually uploaded by Wednesday but it might be up a little earlier this week. Will post back here when it's up. We'll also be out at North Sydney Oval this weekend for the top-of-the-table clash with the Bears.

cheers

Latest posts