What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

So a good game, Speaking with Rip he was happy with the first 15 minutes and the first 10 of the second half, but hi quote was it is better to win Ugly than be Gallant in Defeat.

There was some great play from Brod Wright with a Charge down which lead to our first try. We all most backed that up when Latimore broke the 1st line 30 out, chipped over the second line and when within a whisker of re-gathering.

Maloney was good as ever but a few poorly directed balls that were still caught but in other circumstances may not have been.

Also a 9 - 5 Penalty count in our favour.

Nikki

Coach
Lats put an awesome chip kick in.. Just wasnt fast enough to regather and score. And Im like "thats the stuff that'll get you in First Grade". Then Brod did and awesome charge down which we scored from, and Im like "thats the stuff that'll get you in First Grade" lol. As mentioned in another thread, for mine, Lats and Brod are neck and neck for the step up.

And I would love to see Rip as a First Grade coach. He seems to tell it like it is. And it seems the boys want to get the results for him as much as themselves. That shows respect... He scares me tho.. Hehehe

strider

Post Whore
i'm quite surprised eric took an intercept tbh ... he never really tries to in the past .... did it go straight to him or did he have to go after it?

Hellsy

Immortal
TBH it was on the other side of the field the furthest away from us.. all I saw was the catch and run not the lead-up

strider

Post Whore
deadset - there's been times eric has rushed out of the line to try and cut off an overlap and the long cutout ball has almost hit him in the side of the head, yet he never tries to intercept it

i think really think he's been coached to rush in and not give a f**k about the ball .... its a good sign to see he is looking for an intercept

Stagger eel

Staff member
deadset - there's been times eric has rushed out of the line to try and cut off an overlap and the long cutout ball has almost hit him in the side of the head, yet he never tries to intercept it

i think really think he's been coached to rush in and not give a f**k about the ball .... its a good sign to see he is looking for an intercept

he scored a classic at Origin level..he's not immune to the intercept try. ;-)

Hellsy

Immortal
Some piccies from yesterday

n677347362_1131917_3931.jpg

n677347362_1131918_4328.jpg

salvy71

Juniors
Poor guys - must be frustrating to know that no matter how well you play or how hard you try that you have buckleys chance of ever being promoted ......full credit to them for currently being in 2nd place on the ladder.

George 07

Juniors
Anyone out there heard of Attalah's whereabouts? Also any truth in the rumour that Jeremy Lattimore has been exploring options in AFL?

Latest posts