What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wentworthville Magpies NSW State cup champions 08 official thread.

Hellsy

Immortal
What the??

So is Ben in for Wenty this week? I wouldn't be surprised if Eric was out, he copped a knee to his back in the game on Sunday. He finished the game but he didn't train today either and looked pretty sore

Redback71

First Grade
the team was..

1 Tim Mortimer - off contract
2 Iwi Hauraki - off contract (chased by Canberra)
3 Mark Lulland - off contract
4 James Grehan - off contract ( would have plenty of offers)
5 Eric Grothe
6 Mark O'Grady - Off contract
7 James Maloney - (sh*tloads of offers including Melbourne and Souths)
8 Alf Betham - off contract
9 Marty Mitchell - off contract
10 Jeremy Latimore - Off contract and in demand.
11 Brett Blaker - off contract
12 Justin horo - off contract
13 Brod Wright

14 Jono Wright - off contract and in demand
15 Nathan cleaver - off contract
16 Michael Woodlands - off contract
17 jacob Byrne - off contract.

Holly sh*t why are so many off contract? especially the the halves and forwards. we dont have enough as it is.

bartman

Immortal
Watching the game on replay, Maloney looks quite good, and I'm not surprised he's getting heaps of offers.

Broderick Wright looks the best of the forwards, so it's good that at least he's tied up.

Bow_rider

Juniors
where did you hear this? I heard only last night that we were a big chance of re-signing him...

getting better..
One of the NYC players.Apparently he is from the central coast so if he plays VB cup he would be close to home.I hope my info is wrong to.I would have given him a shot at FG.

Stagger eel

Staff member
One of the NYC players.Apparently he is from the central coast so if he plays VB cup he would be close to home.I hope my info is wrong to.I would have given him a shot at FG.

I was just told that Maloney hasn't signed with Melbourne and is close to staying with us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Holly sh*t why are so many off contract? especially the the halves and forwards. we dont have enough as it is.

because most of them are outside the top 25 and are on part time contracts, it wouldn't make a great deal of sense to sign them up for longer than 1 year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty V Wests - Ringrose 3pm sunday the 20th of July

1 Tim Mortimer (Luke Burt??)
2 Iwi Hauraki
3 Mark Lulland (Ben Smith??)
4 James Grehan
5 Eric Grothe
6 Mark O'Grady
7 James Maloney
8 Alf Betham
9 Marty Mitchell
10 Jeremy Latimore
11 Brett Blaker
12 Justin Horo
13 Brod Wright

14 Jacob Byrne
15 Nathan Cleaver
16 Michael Woodlands
17 Jono Wright

Jim Beam Cup V Sydney Bulls - Ringrose 1:15pm Sunday July 20

1 Alex Pattalis
2 Simon Micallef
3 Nathan McMahon
4 Matt Raftery
5 Astro Waetford
6 Michael Woodlands *
7 JP Hawach
8 Justin Wood
9 Ben Bailey
10 Kene Te Whata
11 Ben Taia
12 Brett Seargent
13 Daniel Greaves

14 Kris Krause
15 Mark Fakahua
16 Steve Bristow

* Michael Woodlands named in both sides.

Nikki

Coach
Can I just say I love Wenty and will be so proud to see them in the Finals this year. First Graders can learn alot from these boys.

Nikki

Coach
Im just scared that some of those sh*t First Graders are gunna get dropped and ruin a winning team... :fist:

Special K

Coach
he(maloney) hasn't signed yet. he is waiting on another offer to come in from another sydney club before making his mind up.

i don't think parra are in with a chance at all really.

murraymob

Coach
i had heard malony had talked to penrith.But stagger says he is close to staying at parra.Stagger has some good inside info so i will go with what he says

Hellsy

Immortal
and called the Magpies.....

GO HARD WENTY!!!!! We will be cheering fom the plane tomorrow!!! Can someone please msg me the score? Thanks!

Delboy

First Grade
Wenty 12-0 Wests
Horo scored a try ran 25 meters after breaking the line, Latimore second try...Maloney converted both
Ben Smith in for Luland,Grothe out(pinched nerve in back) .Jono Wright in
Gaulavao in for Blacker..

Latest posts