What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Were is the AMNRL going?

gothecats

Juniors
Falcon-please think about some of your comments before posting them. You said that the Wildcats would not have won the Championship without Mulvihill and Bull? Is that true? Maybe, but the Cats have many great players on the team. Take any two of them out and it would also make a big difference. What is your point to the comment? What would happen if you took Marcus and Shane out of the Bulls? Or 2 of the top Sharks players out? You take two top players out of any team it would change it dramatically.

You also have referred to the Knights almost beating the Cats last season without Rahui a few times in recent posts. Once again you are making comments and only know half the facts. First of all all the games between the Knights and Cats are hard battles regardless of the score. Both teams have a lot of talent, are very physical and respect each other a great deal. It is true that in the game the Knights almost beat the Cats, Christian was out. Did you get a sideline report from the Cats? I don't think so. That Game the Cats had 15 players available because of injury. Players like Mulvihill and Stelluti did not play. The Cats actually had 17 players dressed until big Rocco and CJ made their famous switch to the Knights. That was one of the best games I have seen played. Both teams played their hearts out until the final whistle.

Tomahawk

Staff member
GotheCats:

See you should think before you post also. Live by your words. In that championship game was one of Marcus's worst games he probally ever played. However, everyone as played bad games. Saying that I still believe Marcus is the best player in the league.

As for Shane. If you knew anything, you would have known shane probally had a mild to moderate concusion 2 weeks prior. He also had something like 23 stitches in his head. Shane was still hurting, and was not playing like the Chief normally does. However, noone can stop an injury like that from happoning.

As for Mulvihill and Bull, I do not think, and others I have talk to do not think the Wildcats are that great of a team without thos two guys. You should remeber that Mic controlled every game between the Bulls and the Cats with his kicking game. If you facter Mic out, and the Cats not having as great of a kicking game, they are not as good. As for Bull, alot of his big runs come from him playing the ball from the scrum. That was the Cats 2nd bigest threat, next to Mic's foot, the Cats had.

As for the Knights, they are becomeing a strong team. I think what Matty and Bobo are doing with that team is great. They are rebuilding a team which was very strong. I did not know of all thier young guys, that I know now. Also if you know anything else, I refered a young British lad to the Knights, because he was moving to NY. Matt has been in contact with this fellow since I gave him his number.

As for the Sharks, take away thier two best players and I think they will still be in better shape then any other team. There is something about the Sharks I just don't know. However I can say they are by far the best conditioned team, so far in the league. We will see this year with the effects of the Knights new coach.

So there is a few of my comments. All teams have great players that are over looked. So, you should not take any offense to that. Thier are several players throughout the league that should be on the Tomahawk's that aren't. Go figure!!!

Tomahawk

hot dog

Juniors
I hate to do this yet again; but;

The second matchup of 2003 between the Knights and Cats was @ New York and the match full report can be found here:

http://www.wildcatsrugby.com/articles/009.htm

Cats won 26-16. Knights had their full squad, including the "Rock" Rahui; while the Cats were without Mulvihill and Stelluti.

The Mole does run the Cats around the paddock efficiently, but somehow Tomahawk, they managed to squeek out a win without him; imagine that????

I'll say it again, give it up...........move on to another subject. :-({|=

gothecats

Juniors
So Tomahawk, what you are saying is Marcus and Shane are two of the best players on the Bulls? I agree. They were both not at the top of the game for the Final? I don't know about that I didn't ask them. But to my point, those are two of there best players and they didn't have there best games, and what was the result? Take two of the top players out of any team and they will have a tougher time of it.

Go Hot Dog!!

Barny

Juniors
Being a fan and playing in the AMNRL for several years now I see were Tomahawk is coming from. I know certain teams are treated unfairly, and other teams are given special treatment. Certain teams in the league get whatever they want. This has been happening since I started watching the game 5 years ago.

Were do I start. Lets start on how unfair the selection is for the Tomahawk’s is. The team is selected by Dave Nui (CEO of the AMNRL) and Bill Handsburry (Coach of the Bulls and Tomahawk’s). Dave I think is selected for each team. The majority of the players play for the Bulls, Dave and Bill’s team. If this is not bias, I don’t know what is. Also I do not know of one time that they had tryouts for the Tomahawks. I know several people throughout the league that have never been selected for the Tomahawks, but they are better them some players on the Tomahawks.

On that same issue how can Bobo, who has been horrible in the past two years, get selected for the Tomahawk’s? Also Portale is not the best fullback or winger in the AMNRL. I could name 5-6 players that should get selected over him. Could it be because Dave Nui’s working relationship with these individuals? I know that this is what people throughout the league including myself think.

I also remember Tomahawk in the other forum wining and crying and wining and bitching about the 2003 championship between the N.Y. Knights and the Glen Mills Bulls. I was at that game, and was watching from the best spot on the famous hill. For anyone that was not at that game, about 22 minutes of that game were never played. Sever weather came in and cancelled the game. However, I have never seen a championship game get cancelled, for any reason. How do you know who the real champions are when the full game is not played?

Also, that same year the Knights must have forfeited 5 of their games. They complained about traveling and not being able to have enough players. However, I noticed in the championship they had something like 20-30 players. My team did not play the Knights because they did not want to play us at are home field. Also I think they got special treatment from the CEO of the AMNRL Dave Nui, because of his special relationship with certain Knights players.

This past year’s championship game was the same way ending in controversial style. I have taken many shots to my head in the past couple of years, but I can still count to 20. I counted the Wildcats having the 16 players on the field for 15 minutes. How does this happen? Anytime you have 16 vs.13, I’ll put my money on the team with 16.

Also the AMNRL needs to address the number’s problem. You should not be able to have a team with 20 plus players. How is that fair when they play a team that only has 15-17 players. If my team was made up of all staff members of were I worked, Glen Mills Bulls, we might have 20-30 players. However, this is not going to happen. As long as the Bulls, Knights, and Wildcats are the only teams not getting hurt because of the numbers, nothing will ever change. This is another special treatment.

How come whenever a team comes over to the US, the Bulls are the first team that’s gets to play them. I think my team could have beaten that British team, two years ago. Also, I noticed that the Bulls tried to be the Weasels and play a team from Canada, this year. They tried to be slick in setting up this game, but something backfired. They then played a scrimmage match between players made up of several different teams in the AMNRL and the Bulls. I also noticed in that game the AMNRL team had I think 15-16 players, while the bulls had 20-25 players.

I could go on and on and on. However, I know what I think and others think will not change anything. As long as the Bulls, Knights, and Wildcats are not getting effected thins will never change. However, I do think that issues need to be exposed. On that same note why should one bitch or complain about something that will never change

Barny

Yuba Duba Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomahawk

Staff member
Barny:

First got to ask you a question. What team do you play for? As for some of your issue's I agree and disagree. However, I know others in this forum will disagree with you, and let you know why. Saying that I think you bring up some real good questions. Would like to sit down and talk to you sometime. Would love to know about more of your ideas.

Gothecats:

In any sport played in the world you take away thier two best players that team is not as good of a team. So I would not keep beating on that side of the tree. If you read what I have posted you could see that I say that the Cats would be an average team without Bull and Mic. I just don't see other Cat players being able to step into those two players shoes.

Now about Chief and Marcus. The Bulls have players that are able to step into the shoes of those two players. I think, and others would agree, the Bulls have by far the best 13 in the league. Don't forget the Bulls have players like Mike Edwards, Ed Woodbridge, Chris Craig, Cory Sherridan, and Carl Barr to name a few. Then you also have Pat McShea, Jason McCarthy coming off the bench. Any one of those players can step in an fill the role of another at anytime.

So you know we could go back and forth for days on that issue. So you are 100% right take away the two best guys on the team, and that team is not the same. Thats any sport.

hot dog:

This little guy says it all for me: [-( Its not worth my time or energy anymore.

Tomahawk

gothecats

Juniors
Barney

Are you really giving the Knights and Cats a hard time because of the numbers of players they have? You have to be kidding. The guy's in New York and Connecticut have busted their butts with their teams. The jobs they have done recruiting, raising money, and presenting the most proffessional product has been nothing less than outstanding. I don't know what team you play for, however, I am sure you have the same opportunities. Or do you not have many people or Union teams near you? Do you live in a one horse town with a population of 100? Or maybe no businesses to approach for sponsorship? Because you are not doing what these two teams are doing is not there fault. Maybe you should look to the management of your own team to try and right your own ship instead of getting on others. As for the Bulls, sure they have the resources right there, so what. They have won the grand final 4 out of the last 6 years and been in it the other 2. They deserve to have a lot of players on the Tomahawks. They all know the system and practice it together all the time. The Tomahawks cannot get together as much as needed. Having these players playing together prior really helps.

As for the Knights grand final last season, it sucks how it ended. There were not too many alternatives. All the Knights players that were there, all played during the season at different times. It was a new team and just getting off the ground. You failed to mention that their first game was against the Sharks in NJ. Do you know about that game? The Knights had 12 players for the entire game and still came up with the victory. Please report both sides of the story.

The Wildcats had too many players on the field? I was there and didn't see it but I am not saying it could not have happened. However, not for 15 minutes. I don't really think it is really another controversy either. I think the Cats were doing just fine prior to and after that may have happened. We didn't have 16 on the field when we played in CT either. I think that one was by 20+.

Barney, take care of your own house before criticising others. Take some time, recruit, raise money, and get your team to the Grand Final. I am sure you will play one of your hated three.

Go Hot Rod

Barny

Juniors
You young pups need to calm down. First of all you don't know who I am, and you probally do not know who I am. To tell you a little about myself I have been a fan for many years now. I played during the USRL days. I played on the same field when the Bulls had Preston, Mains, Nui, and Warren on the field. So you should know what era that was.

As for the numbers you are wrong. In 2002 the Knights had I think I counted 24 players, at the championship game. However, you say that when they played the Sharks they only had 12 players. How did a team manage to get 12 more players? Also you fail to mention about all the games the Knights forfited, or cried about always having to travel. I think the Knights forfited 2 or 3 matches in the 2003 season. That would not happen in other sports.

As for what the Cats and Knights have done with fundraising. You can not agrue against that. It is great what both teams are doing for the AMNRL. However, at the same time no team (Bulls, Knights, Wildcats, or the AMNRL) helped out the stuggling N.J. Viking's team. Teams with big numbers care less about teams with little numbers.

Now onto the Tomahawks. The Tomahawk team should be a represent the entire league, not just two or three teams. It should not be a team selected by just two individuals. I believe you should have tryouts or should be selected by the coaches of the league. You could have something set up like the NFL does in its Pro Bowl selection.

And finally about the 2004 championship. You can ask Steve Williams how long the Cats played with 16 players on the field. If my memory serves me correctly I saw Steve get down from the Press Box and he went and had a conversation with Handsburry.

Oh yea young pup. I have played in many grand finals. I have been on many championship teams. I have played all around the world. I am just telling the people how I see it.

Hot dog;

Your getting old......I just wish we could have played at the same time on the same field.

Barny

Yuba Daba DO!!!!!!!!!

grubsey

Juniors
G'day boys, The Mole here. I definitely do not have the time to join this forum and this will be my only post, but I feel compelled to say this;

I have just finished reading this list of posts

Stop your whining about last years grand final, this years grand final and everything else you blokes whinge at and move on. Stop taking pot shots at the AMNRL, individuals and teams from behind your key boards.

And for your information Barney, at no stage did the Wildcats have 16 players on the field in this years grand final. I'm assuming that you know that there is only 13 players allowed on the field at any one time in rugby league. That would mean we had 3 extra players on the field - you're kidding aren't you??? Maybe you are confusing rugby league with rugby union that allow 15 players on the field. But while we are on the subject, let me clarify something for you. At one stage in the last fifteen minutes, unbeknown to me, one of our young 19 year olds (Jeremy Kosbob) did go over and stand on the opposite side line waiting to sub with the winger on that side (Joel Venables). When Pat O'Shea scored his try, I looked over and saw him and I too thought that we had 14 players on the field. However, he was just standing on the sideline waiting to sub with the right winger. So I will admit it did appear, even to me, that at one stage we did have 1 extra player on the field, not three, but I can assure you, we did not and we have video proof to back it up. But I am sure that you will disagree with me, and you have every right to, but remember, every negative thing you write on this forum about the AMNRL, whether it be against the league itself, the teams or individuals, it is viewed by the whole world and it does nobody any good.

Thanks for your time.

hot dog

Juniors
I hear ya' Barney, old and creaky!!!

The Knights did beat the Sharks last year with 12 men; I had to run touch with a broken rib.....It really was a great game!!

As for the selection process; the players in the League have an entire summer to come out and take spots on the National team for themselves. Specifically, there's nobody out there in the back 3 that can do it. Week in and week out we play and every player is welcome to put their hand up and have a go......

The only players I have step up are Fred Keonicki from the Sharks and the little fella from DC who scored 7 tries in one game.

And as the MOle said, writing it out on the keyboard isn't going to accomplish anything; hit the gym and the track in the off season and come out and take the spots........

Tomahawk

Staff member
You know when someone says something that the Wildcats don't like, they do exactly what the mole aka. Mic as said. Hot dog gets right on his keyboad and starts to type. As all you are aware that Tomahawk (Falcon) did not play in that championship game. I know that I shook everyones hand for the Wildcats team and congradulated them after that championship game. Saying that mole, hot dog, and gothecats, several people have told me you had 16 players on the field for 10 min. Noy 15 min like Barny has said. Some of those people include players on the field, people in the press box, staff member watching the game for Glen Mills, and now a fan of the game Barny. It is childish of you and others to attach a fan of the AMNRL, and thats all you are doing. You have something to say, we have freedome of speech in this country. But we do not attach people because we disagree with them. From Barny's last posting it sounds like he has played rugby league. I am wondering who he is just as much as you are.

Oh yea mole it's Pat McShea amd not O'shea.

On that note if any of you guys want to say stuff to me, it's all good. I think it shows people how much we love this game. Also it provides some rivaly. Like I stated before in the other forum Win, Loose, or Tie I'll go out with the other team after the game. Whether I like you or not, I'll have a drink will you. You can believe this or not I have great respect for what portale has done for the Wildcats, and I have told Dave that on several occaions.

Mole also please I am a man. I don't have to call people names. What next are you going to say I am retarted or something. Come on can we do better then that. Also last time I checked the US had this things called Freedome of Speech. I thinks its great that everyone can speak there mind. Hey I don't belive Barny is right on everything he has said. The bulls had seveal games this past year were key players that worked 4-12 were unable to make the game.

So mole if this is going to be yout only post,you surely will not be missed. Hot dog and gocatsgo keep bring it on. I can take it. And I'll see you guys on the field in the next couple of months. But it will not be with the Bulls.

Tomahawk

gothecats

Juniors
Barney, it sounds as if you have been around for a while. However, I have a little experience myself. My first cap came in '95 against Scotland in the emerging nations world cup and my latest was New Zealand A. I do have some experience myself.

As for the Knights, I was one of the 12 in the first game in the victory versus the Sharks. We know they did not have their full squad. They are a great team year in and year out. We were lucky to build the team throughout the year. We fought many battles against the local union teams. Yes there were tough times and we could not travel, but that happens with every team. As you know with your complaints about the Vikings. All players that were there for the final played at one point or another during the season. That final was NOT the first game for any of the players.

As for helping the Vikings or other teams, I am sure all management for the Knights and Wildcats would help in any way possible. The development of the league is the only thing we care about. What would you suggest? Those teams are in NY and CT and the Vikings are in another division and hours away.

This young pup does have some years under my belt.

Barny

Juniors
Tomahawk

Don't worry I know the mole loves to talk. He reminds me of a great reciever in the NFL, Keshan Johnson. The mole loves to run his mouth, and always has, So don't worry about that. matbe if the Mole would grow about 4 more inches he might be able to back that mouth up. On the field the mole is one of the best players in the AMNRL right now. Put that guy who is five foot nothing in a bar, and most girls would have trouble finding him because he is so short. I might be an imbecile, but that mental midget couldn't even walk a day in my shoes. So all I have to say about that is "Yuba Daba Do!!!!!!!!!!!

Gocatsgo

I was wrong about you and I apologies. You know the game, and I can tell you have been around the game for a long time. You are no young pup, but still have many years to catch up to me.

You said other teams management and players would help the Vikings and other struggleing teams. I wish I could agree with you on this, but I cant. The Vikings, who should have kept the Wilmington name in my opion, are most likely going to fold this year. Hell they should have folded last year. Saying that no team helped them. The Bulls could have sent some of thier players that did not get that much playing time over to the Vikings. If you say its all about the AMNRL, this would have happened, but it didn't, and probally will never.

My final point about traveling is this. Do you hear any other team in any other sport complain about traveling. Every other team has to travel to games also. When I played I hated to go to what they call the "Shark Den". The fild was hard, there were beer bottles on the field, and I hated thier fans. But I made the game every time. That is part of the comittment every player and team makes at the begining of every season.

Barny

Yaba Daba Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grubsey

Juniors
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the Forum, The Mole is back. Sorry boys, I couldn't help myself. I had a spare hour up my sleeve and surely I get the right of just one reply.

Thanks Tomahawk and Barney for the raps and a laugh.

Just a couple of things though.

Tomahawk - firstly, thanks for the correction on Pat McShea's name, it is duly noted, but you should you take care of your own spelling and grammar before you criticize anyone else, let alone me. It really must be tough for someone like you to work without a spell check. I would never ATTACH a fan of the AMNRL, mainly because I wouldn't know what to ATTACH the fan to and I would never even maybe ATTACK a fan of the AMNRL either. But thanks for the concern.

As for the 16 players on the field in the grand final rubbish, you were too busy pulling splitters out of your arse from sitting on the Glen Mills bench all year long to know how many players were on the field, let alone get on the field yourself, even in the dying minutes when your team was down by 32 points. In fact, in the three games the Wildcats played against the Bulls in the 2003 AMNRL season, I don't recall seeing you step foot anywhere near the field of play? That surely should tell everyone how bad of a player you really are. Did you get on the field in any of the Bulls games this year? I really do hope that you have better luck getting some playing time with Media next season.

And I was hurt that you would think that I would bring up your mental geniusation. What's that got to do with anything? Unless that affects your spelling and grammar. I would have thought that you would prefer that we keep that out of the conversation.

And as for continuing to whine about every little thing, why do you keep telling everyone about how many players the Bulls had unavailable from week to week in the middle of a totally unrelated topic? Who cares, EVERY team had players unavailable from week to week. The Bulls always seemed to be at full strength when they played the Wildcats. Why do you care anyway? You've been brushed by the Bulls and until the grand final, the Bulls and the Wildcats had the same record. Then the Bulls lost the grand final when they were actually strengthened by the 3 young Canterbury Jersey Flegg players. And how can you say that Marcus was off his game, I and many of the other Wildcats thought Vassy was the Bulls best that night. It is just typical of someone like you to criticize someone’s performance on the rugby league field - as they say here in America. And not that it really means anything but I know you are an avid fan of useless information, if you really must know, for one reason or another, the Wildcats were missing 4 or 5 guys in the grand final who had played throughout the entire 2003 season, but as I said, who cares!!!

So hopefully we will see you on the field next year with Media (you really don't know how much I really want that to be true). However, I am an eternal optimist and I live for the day for just one decent shot at you. But I know that the rugby league field will never be your "forum" and that despite obvious limitations and inept abilities, particular on the keyboard, rugby league forums such as this one, will tragically always be your only chance to mix it up with someone like me.

As a foot note to this section of my post, to everyone around the world that participates in this forum and reads this post, hopefully you all know who I am (if it is still a mystery to any of you, go to www.wildcatsrugby.com). I do not hide behind anything and do my very best to tell it the way it is. I have never seen him play in any AMNRL game and I don't believe I ever will see him play in any AMNRL game. After seeing and knowing all the hard work that many people put in to promote the game of rugby league in America, it is just very disheartening to see a guy like Tomahawk destroy it's credibility with posts that perpetuate completely false and ludicrous statements, like a team having 16 players on the field in our competitions grand final. I mean, please!!! I just hope that you all see past his nonsense.

Now to you Barney, thanks for your patience. I must say your post gave me the greatest laugh I have had for a very long time. That is a better rap than you gave me because by the sounds of it, you know who I am and you should know how much I enjoy a good laugh.

Anyway, albeit funny, your post was ultimately irrelevant. I am actually about 5'8", so I have doubled those 4 inches you wanted me to grow, but what has my height got to do with anything? That was such a weak comeback, you disappoint me. For your information, I am happily married to a beautiful girl who is actually slightly taller than me. But if I was single, the accent carves up! Go The Mole!

By the way, to your point about no one throwing the Vikings a bone, stay tuned for more details on the fate of the New Jersey Vikings, or is that Northern Raiders now Hot Dog?

Good day to you all.

roopy

Referee
A word about site rules.

These are the reasons for posts being deleted on this site (from the site guidelines);

The crux of the matter...
DELETING THREADS / POSTS / WORDS / IMAGES
Members are asked to hold their discussions in a rational and mature manner. Any posts which abuse membership privileges will be deleted.
These include posts which are:
o Excessively abusive,
o Excessively obscene,
o Excessively vulgar,
o Slanderous or defaming,
o Excessively hateful or racist,
o Personally threatening,
o Excessively sexually-oriented,
or any other material that may be in violation of any applicable laws.

This thread is starting to test the boundaries - so I just thought this is a good point to make it clear that posts will be deleted if things get out of hand.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Mole:

Sorry I had to edit your post. As a monitor of the AMNRL part of this forum I cannot let people personally attack other people. I know you spent a long time, but you just cannot do that. Just so you know, I do not get all my data from just myself. Maybe some people give me some feed back. Then I take the feed back I receive and write it the way I want. Saying that I do have some questions for you.

How long did it take you to write that? Hopefully not long, but who knows.

Did you use a thesaurus?

Have you graduated college yet?

How are your acting classes coming along? You took more dives in front of the referee in the Grand Final then Spinks took when he fought Ali.

How come your kicking came is always on during league games, then in international games it is horrible?

Oh yea one more thing. In the three times the Bulls played the Wildcats I played in two of the games. When the Bulls took that 3 hour drive to Conn – in a cramped up van –then had no facilities to change or get ready to play – and had to be on the field 20 min. after we arrived. We lost that game, and were down by 33 at the half. The Bulls came back and made a run for it also.

Oh yea the Bulls brought a quest with them to that game. The young male from England who was visiting relatives in Philly. He got with Dave Nui and asked if he could go see a game played. So the Bulls took him to Conn. to see what they knew was going to be a great match. I remember him telling me that the referees looked like they were refereeing a union game. He told me he could not believe how bad the refereeing was. And I also did play in the game that the Bulls handed the Cats there only lost in their history so far.

And I’ll be playing this year, probably for Media. Don’t worry just because you are coming after me I am not scared. Actually that makes me want to play even more.

Latest posts