What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're still crap....

Parraren

Bench
I'm gonna call a spade a shovel and tell it like it is. We beat the Knights playing no better or worse than we have over the last 5 weeks losing streak.

HOWEVER....

Our determination, pride and effort improved 100% on the rubbish we've seen dished out over the previous 5 weeks. This is the most encouraging thing. The boys actually dug in when all looked lost and managed to grind out a victory that looked impossible to even the most faithfull of Eels supporters. Motivation, confidence & determination have been the things that have let us down since the 2001 Grand Final and we showed plenty of it tonight to comeback and win when all looked lost.

Hopefully we can remain motivated enough to continue to play with the same pride and determination for the rest of the year and our form should improve as well.

WA Eel

Juniors
I disagree - our defense has certainly improved as compared with the last few weeks. There were a couple of times on our own try line where in weeks gone by the opposition would have scored. It's still not great, but at least an opposition set of 6 inside our 20m zone nolonger means a certain try.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Does anybody actually think Penrith's 1 point win over the Roosters last season (which incidentally began their winning streak) was a great, pretty win?

FACT: We have yet to see Cannings, Cayless and Grothe (plus even Peek) back into the team.

When they return, we will do even better.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally a Parramatta supporter telling it like it is!!!

Parramatta did not beat Newcastle, Newcastle beat Newcastle.

Lets just say that if u guys dont improve next week the Eagles will win, they r a good team on their day

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No Parramatta beat newcastle.
Parra tried hard to lose it & nearly succeeded.
As did the cowboys. It happens to teams under pressure.
They can build off that, but it will be a catastrophic loss for Newcastle.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jaime_Koeppe_Is_Hot said:

Lets just say that if u guys dont improve next week the Eagles will win, they r a good team on their day

Dude. for a guy who goes around pardading like he's the Jack Gibson of the new generation, you sure seem dumb.

We HANDED you the first try; we were pathetic in stopping Gidley's try; and even then, with one and a half minutes left on the clock, a team who has lost 5 straight beats you in your home ground.

Just face it - you lost. PARRAMATTA beat Newcastle.

No shame in losing a great game, mate.

I do agree, though; we need improvement.

But that improvement will be made infinitely easier knowing we have won.

Utey

Coach
Yep say it as it is parramatta were the better team through the whole game. We gifted two tries which one was against the run of play. I wouldve been devasted if Parramatta hasd lost seeing we played so well. Eelementry has the right idea.

Unreal V

Juniors
Irrespective, Parramatta played the game of their season to date if only for the mere fact that they did not give up. Their defence was strong as evidenced by the low line breaks count in comparison with past games.

Dykes deserved to be MOM if only for being able to handle the pressure.

Crap first half in attack almost gave the Knights a victory.

Eels Dude

Coach
The pride and the passion was there. That was a win for us fans more than anything. They are capable of much better football though, this win takes the pressure of a little bit, and that means they can get back to playing some decent footy and relax a bit more.

scottyeel

Bench
My eyes must be stuffed cos i thought i saw Kurt Gidley throw the long ball straight 2 Ashley Graham :roll:
Mine must be stuffed too cos i thought i saw Luke Burt throw the ball straight to Tahu :roll:

Even though we had bad patches of the match, I think it showed that we actually competed for the full 80 minutes.

I think the key is to get our defence right so that we only allow 10-20 points a match. I don't know if we have the 30-36 attack points in us while we are sorting out our defence.

Soooo, I think an 18-16 scoreline reflects where we really should be at.

Glenn

First Grade

Oh FFS, Newcastle stuffed up Parramatta won, therfore Parramatta beat Newcastle. I guess the grapes are a bit sour for some at this time of year in the Hunter

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we should not over analyse everything and just enjoy the voctory.

It certainly feels better than it has done for the past few weeks.

WA Eel

Juniors
My eyes must be stuffed cos i thought i saw Kurt Gidley throw the long ball straight 2 Ashley Graham :roll:

Yeah, and i saw Luke Burt throw the ball straight to Timana Tahu. If you cancel the 2 out, Parra still beat Newcastle by 2 point.

ParraMatt

Bench
FFS.. Parra Supporters. Face it that we were the better team. We played hard, Defence was excellent, We had heart and deserved to win. Ref was an idiot again but we hung on and got the 2 points. GO PARRA!

PJ Marshal

Coach
Newcastle were silly enough to play at our level therefore they deserved to be beaten. But How good was Widders break! i spilt me beer after that try, broke the whole bottle when burty went over!

Latest posts