What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're still not dead.............

True EEL

Bench
8 is too many
5 is too less (in the current NRL climate)

6 is therefore a good bet in my opinion

more teams miss out than make it, which is the reverse of how it currently stands and 6 teams still give hope to the middle of the road teams and make it more interesting for fans than thinking, well a top 5 will be Roosters, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Penrith and probably St. George

and 6 is not farcical like the top 8 and actually is a rewrad for hard work and success, not like 8 that just encourages teams (like Parra over the last 3 years) who have underachieved and had a shocker to somehow think they are entilited to be playing in the semi's

what does everyone think??

Stagger eel

Staff member
f**k me dead!!!! just let it go!

we're not gonna make it and we don't desearve to be there, capish????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hey there eelavation, i totally agree even if we by some chance make we don't deseve it, we wil be knocked out the following week anyway, i'm just saying we are still a chance...

I have been saying this for a few weeks now....

Eelectrica

Referee
True EEL said:
8 is too many
5 is too less (in the current NRL climate)

6 is therefore a good bet in my opinion

more teams miss out than make it, which is the reverse of how it currently stands and 6 teams still give hope to the middle of the road teams and make it more interesting for fans than thinking, well a top 5 will be Roosters, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Penrith and probably St. George

and 6 is not farcical like the top 8 and actually is a rewrad for hard work and success, not like 8 that just encourages teams (like Parra over the last 3 years) who have underachieved and had a shocker to somehow think they are entilited to be playing in the semi's

what does everyone think??

Basically I agree. I think a top 6 finals combined with an 18 match (20 round) regular season would be perfect. With the season as ridiculously long as it is they just about need an 8 team system to keep interest up for the final 6 rounds.
The top six for this year has been carved in stone for a numner of weeks now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mate!

you HJ and Flatch remind me of these old Japenese soldiers who live in caves unaware that the war is finished.

or the character out of Monty Pythons "Holy grail" where his fighting some bloke on a horse and has all his limbs chopped of and his till egging this bloke on to have a go at him.

the bloke just looked at him and said, what are you gonna do? bleed on me. :D

give up. lets look at next year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's all this crap about we don't deserve to make it into the finals?

Screw deserving it!

I thouhgt we'd all be pleased to see them play at least once more before next year. To me, THAT is why I want them in the finals.

Although we won't make them this year.

GoParra

Juniors
haven't heard the fat lady singing yet .... I've heard her tuning up but not actually singing yet :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
What's all this crap about we don't deserve to make it into the finals?

Screw deserving it!

I thouhgt we'd all be pleased to see them play at least once more before next year. To me, THAT is why I want them in the finals.

Although we won't make them this year.

I think you've just answered your own question :D

The Colonel

Immortal
Call it reverse psychology or maybe realism, pessimism..... plenty of other ism's to be used I'm sure. ;-)

pantherz9103

First Grade
To the make the 8, Parramatta need the Knights to beat the Tigers, the Cowboys to beat the Sharks, the Rabbitohs to beat the Raiders.

Say the Knights beat the Tigers by 30, then you'd need to beat the Roosters by 26 :roll:

You had the chance to beat us on Saturday Night but we just outlasted you. You don't deserve to make the finals this year but 2005 could be different with the likes of Riddell, Morrison, Tahu etc, you look alot stronger for next year.

half

Coach
i heard from someone in the parra club (who is always the first to know about these matters) that we definately will make the 8. you read it here first...

CrazyEel

Bench
half said:
i heard from someone in the parra club (who is always the first to know about these matters) that we definately will make the 8. you read it here first...

You are at least true to your sig :lol: :lol:
total honesty is not the best policy - love is

eelsta

Bench
Back to Back Black Attack said:
To the make the 8, Parramatta need the Knights to beat the Tigers, the Cowboys to beat the Sharks, the Rabbitohs to beat the Raiders.

Say the Knights beat the Tigers by 30, then you'd need to beat the Roosters by 26 :roll:

You had the chance to beat us on Saturday Night but we just outlasted you. You don't deserve to make the finals this year but 2005 could be different with the likes of Riddell, Morrison, Tahu etc, you look alot stronger for next year.
your absolutely right on there :( lets just look forward to a better year next year and good luck to the panthers in the semis

Eelectrica

Referee
We've been dead and come back to life that many times we are now undead. Like Zombies. Or Vampires. Or ghosts. We'll float along in the off season conjuring up ways we can still make it without realising the season is gone 8-[

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We will loose by 30 and i still reckon there will be moronic posts of us still in with a chance.

We are gone!!!

PS Top 8 is a great thing, otherwise if it wasn't our crowd against the Panthers would have been 3,000, it provides interest and better crowd & ratings support for respective organisations & key stakeholders in RL hence better for RL, people who disagree are just idiots and still living in a timewrap......for those you reckon it rewards mediocrity are full of shit, you still have to be a talented side to be closer enough.....it also gives a second chance to sides who have had a dreadfull year with injuries.

For thos ewho reckon it's just a waste as they will probably loose anyway??...well then why whinge if you're going to win anyway.

I'm sure Parra supporters won't be saying too much negative words about the top 8 if we were to finish 8th & go all the way, just shows that particular side does have the necasary talent.

Latest posts