What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wes in trouble... again

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave's famed sense of humour appears to have deserted him... along with his emu leather hide.

juanfarkall

Coach
I do think that some of you guys should show Dave a bit more respect.

After all he has been supporting Souths on LU all the way through their tough times......

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOL!
Careful Juan... if you make jokes like that, you'll be branded a bully.

juanfarkall

Coach
Come on Willow...

Dave was supporting Souths on here before Hyphen and the phone chucker were even born.....

juanfarkall

Coach
Can you answer a question for me please Dave ?

When the phone chucker snogged John Polson in "The Sum Of Us" did he close his eyes and think of you or did he think of George Piggins ?

Dave Q

Coach
juanfarkall said:
Can you answer a question for me please Dave ?

When the phone chucker snogged John Polson in "The Sum Of Us" did he close his eyes and think of you or did he think of George Piggins ?

:lol:

juanfarkall

Coach
That's OK Dave.... your secret is safe with me.;-)

As for the phone chucker... I am sure that his trophy blonde does not suspect a thing...:sarcasm: :roll: :sarcasm: :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
juanfarkall said:
That's OK Dave.... your secret is safe with me.;-)

As for the phone chucker... I am sure that his trophy blonde does not suspect a thing...:sarcasm: :roll: :sarcasm: :lol:

One of the girls in the drum squad wears green kylie-like hot pants.

A kind of a tribute to that outdated cheerlgirl thing.

Judging by her taught and terrific cheeks, I reckon it might be Rusty's wife's sister.

The Preacher

First Grade
Dave Q said:
One of the girls in the drum squad wears green kylie-like hot pants.

A kind of a tribute to that outdated cheerlgirl thing.

Judging by her taught and terrific cheeks, I reckon it might be Rusty's wife's sister.

Dave, pleeaaase !!! Just because Rustius Maximus and The Hyphen say that cheergirls are "outdated" doesn't make it automatic to be so.

I myself think they've both got their heads up their respective freckles in believing that THEY know what's chic and what's old hat. Who made them the fashion and "hip" police ???

They don't know history, they don't know tradition, and as far as I'm concerned, PHAC wouldn't know a football if it hit him in the f**king head and Rustius isn't much better !!!

Here endeth the lesson.

juanfarkall

Coach
Without getting all nostalgic and "fluffy", I quite liked the movie in the same way that I also enjoyed other Australian movies from the same era like Proof and Death in Brunswick...
Slightly whimsical stories about relatively ordinary people living in Australia with a little dark humour there for those who want it.
Not sure whether or not those sort of movies still get made in Australia or if they do, whether or not they make it to the local cinema complex...
Possibly also these days I am less aware of such movies due to the constraints of Mrs Juan, Juan junior and 2 mortgages.
As for the phone chucker...I thought he went OK in those movies... the characters he played were pleasant enough and appeared to be less worldly and wise than those he portrays nowadays. Without ever having met the phone chucker, perhaps it could be said that some of the roles he has played provide an indication to where he sees himself in the world ... ie... back then a quiet ordinary bloke... (perhaps in Souths target market) and nowadays a big production sort of guy...
Can't say that I have seen many of his other performances... aside from the one in the Late Show as Shirty...

Dave Q

Coach
Whilst our friends from the shire are here:-

The sharks have been playing well of late, now third.

I didnt see Kearney play last weekend.

I didnt think he was selected in SOO, so he must be injured I imagine.

Whats up with him, when is he expected back?

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
Dave, pleeaaase !!! Just because Rustius Maximus and The Hyphen say that cheergirls are "outdated" doesn't make it automatic to be so.

I myself think they've both got their heads up their respective freckles in believing that THEY know what's chic and what's old hat. Who made them the fashion and "hip" police ???

They don't know history, they don't know tradition, and as far as I'm concerned, PHAC wouldn't know a football if it hit him in the f**king head and Rustius isn't much better !!!

Here endeth the lesson.

I think the loss of cheer girls at Souths has everything to do with Mrs Maximus and lets face it what can Mr Maximus do in this day and age , It's not like he can chuck a mobil at her .

The Preacher

First Grade
Father Ted said:
I think the loss of cheer girls at Souths has everything to do with Mrs Maximus and lets face it what can Mr Maximus do in this day and age , It's not like he can chuck a mobil at her .

Perhaps Gaz could give her a call on Mini's mobile. Fire Up, Mrs.Maximus. :shock:

Dave Q

Coach
The Preacher said:

Here endeth the lesson.

Cheergirls reinforce the stereotype that women are objects of sexual desire, when we all know, that women are as individually diverse as men.

IMO, on a basic human level women are the absolute equal of men, they just have different physical characteristics. It is incorrect to generalise about women as it is for men.

A drum squad makes greater use of sound as well as visuals to stimulate the football entertainment environment.

Welcome to the twenty-first century Preacher.

Turn and face the change my fiesty friend.

Rusty and Phac know a bit about their footy as well.

Cheers.

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
Perhaps Gaz could give her a call on Mini's mobile. Fire Up, Mrs.Maximus. :shock:

Maybe Mrs Maximus is being held hostage in a latin American Country and Rustys trying to get Proof of life .

Dave Q said:
Cheergirls reinforce the stereotype that women are objects of sexual desire, when we all know, that women are as individually diverse as men.

IMO, on a basic human level women are the absolute equal of men, they just have different physical characteristics. It is incorrect to generalise about women as it is for men.

A drum squad makes greater use of sound as well as visuals to stimulate the football entertainment environment.

Welcome to the twenty-first century Preacher.

Turn and face the change my fiesty friend.

Rusty and Phac know a bit about their footy as well.

Cheers.

Who noble of you you SNAG