What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wes in trouble... again

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
Its allright dave. Its generally accepted as a term of endearment.

Good grief!

Next thing I'll be on a comfy sofa telling tales of my alleged deprived childhood!

I wonder if Dr Willow accepts HCF or medicare?

Its Ok Willow, I can learn to live my problem of snagnatism.

Some say it brings in the chicks!

"'Oh yes Rachel, those yobbo's are dicriminating cave-men, now can you buy me a drink. "

heh heh heh.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You sound like my kid nephew after I offered him a key to my house.

"Fug... I don't need your fridge..."

Or words to that effect.

Just a joke dave.

Dave Q

Coach
And next time you lads are salivating over a hot little number with supple poms poms, I want you to think of poore old Dave and his beating drumsticks over at Telstra, mmmm, then again, perhaps I'd better re-phrase that....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dave Q said:
Good grief!

Next thing I'll be on a comfy sofa telling tales of my alleged deprived childhood!

I wonder if Dr Willow accepts HCF or medicare?

Its Ok Willow, I can learn to live my problem of snagnatism.

Some say it brings in the chicks!

"'Oh yes Rachel, those yobbo's are dicriminating cave-men, now can you buy me a drink. "

heh heh heh.
LOL. That's quite an edit.

Before it said:

"Fug - Now I'm being counselled."

Tell me you've seen the light Dave.

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
Yes, a clash 20 minutes later.

I believe you.

Fug

Thousands wouldnt!

Each word carefully crafted over 10-15 minutes!

That explains why I am always nearly late F7-ing!

Dave Q

Coach
Nobody's here saying anything derogatory or sexist.

Youse are a bunch of soft-serve "Preachers."

No gawking, perving, peering or having a joke at womenkind's expense.

Youse are not real men at all.

Sounds like youse are all ready for the drumsquad.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/nai...appear-in-court/2007/05/22/1179601377852.html

Naiqama medically unfit to appear in court
•
May 22, 2007 - 11:49AM
An appeal by NRL player Wes Naiqama against a periodic detention sentence imposed for a driving offence has been adjourned because of his inability to appear in court.
Naiqama, 24, was sentenced to 12 months of periodic detention, with a non-parole period of six months, after his fourth conviction for driving while disqualified.
He has appealed against the severity of the sentence.
The St George Illawarra winger was medically unfit to attend Sydney's Downing Centre District Court today, his lawyer Les Nicholls told judge Ron Solomon.
The Fijian international, the ex-boyfriend of pop singer Paulini Curuenavuli, suffered a season-ending knee injury on Friday in his team's win over Gold Coast.
Judge Solomon adjourned the matter to the same court on June 5.
He was sentenced by Waverley Local Court Magistrate Chris Longley on February 28 over the offence.
He had been expected to serve his periodic detention on Wednesdays and Thursdays from March 8, leaving him free to play in the NRL at weekends.
But his sentence was suspended when his appeal was lodged.
AAP

The Preacher

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Cheergirls reinforce the stereotype that women are objects of sexual desire, when we all know, that women are as individually diverse as men.

IMO, on a basic human level women are the absolute equal of men, they just have different physical characteristics. It is incorrect to generalise about women as it is for men.

A drum squad makes greater use of sound as well as visuals to stimulate the football entertainment environment.

Welcome to the twenty-first century Preacher.

Turn and face the change my fiesty friend.

Rusty and Phac know a bit about their footy as well.

Cheers.

I hate to tell you Dave, but they are objects of sexual desire, childbirth figures prove it.

As far as the two "movers and shakers" knowing a bit about footy, please give me the link to the editions of Big League that have their names in the players lists, or even some obscure local paper with them mentioned due to their play for the local team.

Southernsaint

Staff member
LOL, Preacher Man, wasn't Rusty ringing JT telling him what lines for the backs to run in set moves & generally making anuisance of himself at training until told to ease up.

And Holmes a Court is a Rah Rah in disguise.

The Preacher

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
LOL, Preacher Man, wasn't Rusty ringing JT telling him what lines for the backs to run in set moves & generally making anuisance of himself at training until told to ease up.

And Holmes a Court is a Rah Rah in disguise.

No, he wasn't ringing him, he was throwing mobiles at him with messages attached.

As far as "The Hyphen" goes, even AFL, Union and Soccer players would look at each other and collectively ask, "Whose this Queer Bastard" ?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I think Wes's lawyer made a major blunder by not insisting he turn up for court and playing the sympathy card. Wes could have been wheeled in swathed in bandages with an intravenous drip, muttering incoherently with a intensive care nurse shaking her head knowingly concerned that this mere shell of a once promising footballer is now destined for scrap heap. Surely the Judge would take pity on such a pathetic sight.

The Preacher

First Grade
gunnamatta bay said:
I think Wes's lawyer made a major blunder by not insisting he turn up for court and playing the sympathy card. Wes could have been wheeled in swathed in bandages with an intravenous drip, muttering incoherently with a intensive care nurse shaking her head knowingly concerned that this mere shell of a once promising footballer is now destined for scrap heap. Surely the Judge would take pity on such a pathetic sight.

The Judge would probably mistake him for another Cronulla coach that'd been thrown out the door.
Hey, I typed that without hitting the SCUM keys.

Dave Q

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:

Might be judge shopping.

It doesnt neccesarily have to go back before Soloman after an adjournment.

Solomon is not a strict hard liner, but IMO he's tougher than Chris Longley.

BTW Longley takes the bench on a lot of courts, not just Waverley.

The Preacher

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Might be judge shopping.

It doesnt neccesarily have to go back before Soloman after an adjournment.

Solomon is not a strict hard liner, but IMO he's tougher than Chris Longley.

BTW Longley takes the bench on a lot of courts, not just Waverley.

Does he sell them, or just keep them in storage ???

Has he got one with Trent doing push-ups in his reggies on it ??

Dave Q

Coach
I feel that I should elaborate a tad.

You cannot select your judge, no way possible, but if a matter is adjourned your original judge may not be available to hear the case as s/he could be stuck in another matter, on leave, ill etc. You take pot luck of course.

An appeal on sentancing should take 1-4 hours max depending on the evidence and therefore it can be slotted in on a single day and is somewhat transportable to another judge as it is dealt with all at once (usually).

I re-iterate my earlier view that Longley gave Wes a lenient sentance, I expect the District Court to issue a warning to Wes and his lawyer that his sentance may be increased if they proceed. If that happens they should bail out of it immediately.

Longley is considered to have one of the top legal minds amongst the magistrates. Very highly regarded.

That doesnt always mean he is always right of course-thats a matter for opinion and a higher court!