What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wes in trouble... again

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wes is a favourite for lots of reasons. Arncliffe Scots junior for starters.

I remember him being a lot skinnier and younger looking teenager a- a handful of people showed up early to Flegg games to watch him play.

He was a class act for Combined High Schools and in one Flegg game he broke a 50-60 year old club record for the most points in a match. He was definitely a star in the making.

Shame about his off-field record.

But if you look at Wes's history as a player, and how much time and effort the club has invested in him, you can understand the desire to hang onto him.

Dave Q

Coach
Willow said:
Wes is a favourite for lots of reasons. Arncliffe Scots junior for starters.

I remember him being a lot skinnier and younger looking teenager a- a handful of people showed up early to Flegg games to watch him play.

He was a class act for Combined High Schools and in one Flegg game he broke a 50-60 year old club record for the most points in a match. He was definitely a star in the making.

Shame about his off-field record.

But if you look at Wes's history as a player, and how much time and effort the club has invested in him, you can understand the desire to hang onto him.

Hes a tidy unit now.

Dave Q

Coach
Wes in injured now, probably should drop his doomed appeal.

Maybe he can go full-time home detention.

Rest up and relax.

Somewhat timely in an unfortunate way.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Dave Q said:
Wes in injured now, probably should drop his doomed appeal.

Maybe he can go full-time home detention.

Rest up and relax.

Somewhat timely in an unfortunate way.

Thats what I was thinking. Hs should just rock up to prison and get it over and done with. Then write a book.

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
I agree with Willow,

The club's invested big time in Wes, he's been one of the best juniors that's come through. He has his critics from our fans, but i reckon the dragons have got to hold on to him.

I saw Wes Friday morning doing the right thing catching the train from Kogarah to Rockdale - let's hope his injury's patched up soon.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
TheMightyRedV said:
I agree with Willow,

The club's invested big time in Wes, he's been one of the best juniors that's come through. He has his critics from our fans, but i reckon the dragons have got to hold on to him.

I saw Wes Friday morning doing the right thing catching the train from Kogarah to Rockdale - let's hope his injury's patched up soon.

Get well soon wez.

Dave Q

Coach
TheMightyRedV said:
I agree with Willow,

You'd think the Dwagons would get a junior from accounts to drop him home after training!

They dont seem to care too much about whats left of their elite players.

I mean what if he got mugged or slipped on a platform tile?

Its better to try to prevent injury than cure it.

Fug this club has problems, its in an absolute shambles.

Next week, on his day off the 'bay, he will be hopping to the game on crutches.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dave Q said:
You'd think the Dwagons would get a junior from accounts to drop him home after training!

They dont seem to care too much about whats left of their elite players.

I mean what if he got mugged or slipped on a platform tile?

Its better to try to prevent injury than cure it.

Fug this club has problems, its in an absolute shamble, coming dead last arent they?

Maybe he was going home from watching a movie at the Mecca?

David, please desist with your pragmatic trolling. For a Souths fan to be giving us sh*t about our club being a shamble, after your last 20 years, is as hypocritical as it comes. Go have a snooze and come back when you're feeling a little less grumpy.

brendothejet

First Grade
sharknows said:
I would like to salute St George and the NRL for encouraging such role model behavior to the children in our society. If only everyone could behave like Wes what a better country it would be. Isn't it great to see how good behaviour is so well rewarded.

I knwo wes naiqama personally and he is a good guy. He has made his mistakes but he is 25 and has played consistantly good first grade football and represented his country.

He always helps out with younger kids coming through the ranks and comes to watch junior matches and support those who look up to him.

Dave Q

Coach
Southernsaint said:
Dave, try and limit your trolling to one post...

Or it will be forcibly done for you.

If you think I'm trolling, you wouldnt know what one is.

If you thought what I said was serious, get a second opinion from someone with a sense of humour, or rip it out altogether.

But stop threatening me.

Dave Q

Coach
I was talking about Wes.

Wes is the topic.

I wasnt talking about other players.

I wasnt de-railing anything.

It seems Drew-sta is the one with issues in his thread. It has nothing to do with Souths, he's de-railing more than I am.

Wes is a valuable assett, as such he should avoid catching public transport.

Thats fair comment.

And a lot of people here arent happy with Doust etc.

They dont get into trouble, they are often encouraged.

They are worried about their club, thats fair comment too.

Dave Q said:

Thats fair comment.
That's a dickhead comment.

He's a valuable player, but not a Prima Donna.

I find it remarkable that such a thing can be said by a Souths supporter - perhaps the Armani suits have gone straight to the head.

Dave Q

Coach
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
That's a dickhead comment.

He's a valuable player, but not a Prima Donna.

I find it remarkable that such a thing can be said by a Souths supporter - perhaps the Armani suits have gone straight to the head.

Thats a dickhead comment.

Souths again, stop derailing the thread.

Wes was an important assett.

The team is going to miss him.

And I'm not going to cop on-line thugs and bullies throwing punches at me.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Dave Q said:

They're still people Dave.

I'm happier to hear more League players catching planes, trains and buses than driving Dis-Q'd.

I had a go at your original comment of:

Dave Q said:
Fug this club has problems, its in an absolute shambles.

I have no issue with your opinion that he should be ferried around. A bit grandoise to be honest, but nothing inflamatory. The above comment, however, is one I have an issue with, and I don't have a problem arching up over - Nor should you see retaliation as anything other than a reaction to your passing comment.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Dave Q said:
Thats a dickhead comment.

Souths again, stop derailing the thread.

Wes was an important assett.

The team is going to miss him.

And I'm not going to cop on-line thugs and bullies throwing punches at me.

You can always leave if it's too tough for you here, Princess...

Dave Q

Coach
Drew-Sta said:
They're still people Dave.

I'm happier to hear more League players catching planes, trains and buses than driving Dis-Q'd.

I had a go at your original comment of:

I have no issue with your opinion that he should be ferried around. A bit grandoise to be honest, but nothing inflamatory. The above comment, however, is one I have an issue with, and I don't have a problem arching up over - Nor should you see retaliation as anything other than a reaction to your passing comment.

Well I dont think I suggested that he should drive Drew-Sta.

And IMO he was a player of significant stature and importance to the side due to his remarkable ability.