What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

flippikat

Bench
...Which is why I suggested some time ago that the two main colours be black and gold with a touch of red. Black being the main colour on one jersey, gold being the dominant colour of the other.
The mostly-gold with black trim (and a dash of red) for a home jersey is a great idea.

It largely reflects the state colors, avoids the heat absorption of mostly black, and is rather unique - given that Parramatta don't use their yellow jersey anywhere near as much as their blue one, and other teams with yellow/gold in their colors use it pretty sparingly.

Plus, Pirates are all about the gold.. right??

Perth Red

Post Whore
The mostly-gold with black trim (and a dash of red) for a home jersey is a great idea.

It largely reflects the state colors, avoids the heat absorption of mostly black, and is rather unique - given that Parramatta don't use their yellow jersey anywhere near as much as their blue one, and other teams with yellow/gold in their colors use it pretty sparingly.

Plus, Pirates are all about the gold.. right??
Only problem with gold in large block is you have to get the shade exactly right or it looks horrible. Think crushers and now dolphins!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to hear in todays govt interview discussion with the pirates bid are ongoing and that the nrl clearly dont have any sort of preference for the wa bears. in fact stated the nrlwa (who are in fact the nrl) are backing the pirates bid.
come on Cumins and co you’ve got this!

960D5A88-0C4E-4784-BA34-9B0AE08F6CAE.jpeg

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
Good to hear in todays govt interview discussion with the pirates bid are ongoing and that the nrl clearly dont have any sort of preference for the wa bears. in fact stated the nrlwa (who are in fact the nrl) are backing the pirates bid.
come on Cumins and co you’ve got this!

View attachment 71217
I do think most locals would prefer a home grown team like the Pirates over the Bears relocating.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
What are some potential rivalries a Perth team could develop?
Melbourne is a given but who else?
This is the beauty of having teams based out of capital cities, you immediately get that rivalry between them and the capital cities of other states. Therefore, I can see games against teams like Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne - as you mentioned - as having a bit of extra marketability.
As far as Sydney goes, even as a St. George fan, I would have to say that the Sydney Roosters have angled themselves to be most representative of that city. And I`m talking from the point of view of Western Australian resident.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Possibility of moving bigger games/finals to Optus Stadium?
I doubt it. You’d need to be expecting to get 30k plus to make it worthwhile and nrls just not that big yet. Maybe finals. Much better we get hbf park finished and up to 25-27k ish. That’d do us for years to come.

Latest posts