What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Dragonwest

Juniors

Nuke

Staff member
This is what I came up with at the start of the year for a NRL West Coast Pirates 're-brand' of sorts. Really it's just a simplification and tweaking of the logo and colours (down to old(ish) gold and black, with darkish red as a trim colour).

Main points:
Jersey design to be simple, unique, yet a subtle hint at 1995's iconic Western Reds jersey. Main (home) jersey to be mainly gold. Alternate (away) jersey to be mainly black. Both to just have red as a trim colour. The heritage would be the Western Reds jersey but in the Pirates colours.
If, for some reason, there is still a need for a clash jersey, then I'm sure a mainly red with gold jersey could be made with black trim, but I haven't looked at designing it.

Attachments

• WCP rebrand idea.jpg
    WCP rebrand idea.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 21

MugaB

Coach
This is what I came up with at the start of the year for a NRL West Coast Pirates 're-brand' of sorts. Really it's just a simplification and tweaking of the logo and colours (down to old(ish) gold and black, with darkish red as a trim colour).

Main points:
Jersey design to be simple, unique, yet a subtle hint at 1995's iconic Western Reds jersey. Main (home) jersey to be mainly gold. Alternate (away) jersey to be mainly black. Both to just have red as a trim colour. The heritage would be the Western Reds jersey but in the Pirates colours.
If, for some reason, there is still a need for a clash jersey, then I'm sure a mainly red with gold jersey could be made with black trim, but I haven't looked at designing it.
That's the best jersey design for perth ive seen in ages... very well throughout, especially the colors

Main points:
Why is Peter Fitzsimmons' head on the logo?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Main points:
Not a fan of the block gold, works much better as trim only Imo.
agree we need a simpler logo. Here’s my version of our current one. Maybe even dropping gold now dolphins are using it and go with red, black and yellow as our club colours?

54E970EB-6D1B-40D2-AFF1-481CEE8F7A87.jpeg

MugaB

Coach
It’s relevant to the discussion Ffs
which in case you missed it is best brand colours for a possible pirates club.
Anything can be relevant ffs, but you scoff at others for throwing up the same pic, even tjo its relevant, then the shits when i call you out for doing the same

Nuke

Staff member
Not a fan of the block gold, works much better as trim only Imo.
agree we need a simpler logo. Here’s my version of our current one. Maybe even dropping gold now dolphins are using it and go with red, black and yellow as our club colours?

View attachment 68091
In all respect, I tend to disagree regarding the block of gold for a jersey. It can work, especially if it's a darker shade (such as the mustard / oldish gold in my mockups), and on top of that, it'd be uniquely 'Pirates'. Giving them yellow instead, they join Parra, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and to a much lesser extent NQ, Melbourne, and Canberra using that colour.
The Dolphins could have gone the same shade of gold I'm proposing but the black in place of their white makes the big point of difference here. As it turns out, they've seemingly gone with a wishy-washy version of it, so it doesn't matter.

For my mockups, I'd have mostly black shorts for all three kits, so the gold jersey won't seem excessive. When the Broncos went with their mostly yellow away jerseys several years ago (the 'canary' jerseys), the only reason it wasn't a great look was because they also went with yellow shorts with it. That was too much yellow. Had they gone with their maroon shorts, it would have looked drastically better.

MugaB

Coach
putting up stupid pics of something just to insult a poster in the thread is not relevant to the thread!
Says who, the Perth relevance police? Seriously if folks are going to be posting the same comments and the same pics on randomly different threads spewing the same exact tripe, then a tin foil hat is appropriate, getting sick of reading and expansion thread, when the same folks posting repetitive rationalization posts that have nothing to do with the topic

Perth Red

Post Whore
In all respect, I tend to disagree regarding the block of gold for a jersey. It can work, especially if it's a darker shade (such as the mustard / oldish gold in my mockups), and on top of that, it'd be uniquely 'Pirates'. Giving them yellow instead, they join Parra, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and to a much lesser extent NQ, Melbourne, and Canberra using that colour.
The Dolphins could have gone the same shade of gold I'm proposing but the black in place of their white makes the big point of difference here. As it turns out, they've seemingly gone with a wishy-washy version of it, so it doesn't matter.

For my mockups, I'd have mostly black shorts for all three kits, so the gold jersey won't seem excessive. When the Broncos went with their mostly yellow away jerseys several years ago (the 'canary' jerseys), the only reason it wasn't a great look was because they also went with yellow shorts with it. That was too much yellow. Had they gone with their maroon shorts, it would have looked drastically better.
Yeh black shorts would help maybe. Getting the shade of gold right, and if printing techniques can do it affordably would be the real key. We can see with Dolphins how it can go horribly wrong.

If there's one team that should wear a predominantly gold jersey it's the Gold Coast. Pirates would also suit gold as pirates plunder treasure and Western Australia is resource rich.

Perth Red

Post Whore
WA Govt continues to talk up the game and its support for aPerth based club

As stated by Tourism Minister Roger Cook:

“There is huge support for the NRL in Western Australia – and it keeps getting bigger every year.
“The atmosphere at the State of Origin this year was absolutely electric.
“What we are also seeing is east coast sports fans will travel to WA to watch matches.
“It’s a fantastic boost for local tourism and hospitality businesses because the fans spend several days in WA enjoying themselves.

“The WA Government is proud to support large-scale sporting contests to motivate visitors to travel to Western Australia and not only experience a world-class event, but then get out and explore our beautiful State.”

As stated by Sport and Recreation Minister David Templeman:
“This is going to be a fantastic double header for NRL fans in WA.
“The McGowan Government is committed to developing the sport here in Western Australia and has thrown its support behind a third party bid for a State-based team.
“Events such as this will help further grow the game at the grass roots level, ensuring a healthy future for the code.”