What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brisbane and Sydney are the Mecca and Medina of the rugby league world. Professional rugby league would barely exist without Brisbane and Sydney.

Perth, Melbourne and Hull are worthless dots on a map.

Brisbane could easily support four teams. Perth cannot support one without assistance from Brisbane and Sydney.
and accordingly NSW and Qlnd have 13 of the 17 clubs in the NRL in them. No need for any more. Time to spread our wings.

Thanks for your support of our future team, its much appreciated.

Bukowski

Juniors
It's great to see Twiggy getting on board with a league team. It debunks the myth that's he's a union boy that would never support league.
He's someone the NRL, let alone the Pirates, need to get into the fold.

I've heard some of the union backers are retreating after the CEO got the boot. Harvey Norman for one.

MugaB

Coach
It's great to see Twiggy getting on board with a league team. It debunks the myth that's he's a union boy that would never support league.

I've heard some of the union backers are retreating after the CEO got the boot. Harvey Norman for one.
He should get involved, if anything port the western force over as the WA RL club, i get he is a union man, but that sport is dying a very slow death, and his club is his passion, he would be better served keeping it alive by playing the code that would embrace an already formed club with a fanbase in a comp that people want to watch, would you perth guys support them if they ported over? I mean if that was the choice that was made

Bukowski

Juniors
He should get involved, if anything port the western force over as the WA RL club, i het he is a union man, but that sport is dying,and his club i his passion, he would be better served keeping it alive by playing the code that would embrace an alrwady formed club with a fanbase, would you perth guys support them if they ported over? I mean if that was the choice that was made
That would be strange if a union team became a league team. It wouldn't bother me as it would only be the name.

Pippen94

First Grade

Twiggy should start his own team. NRL will bypass all the unnamed individuals & ppl behind failed bids from west..

jim_57

Staff member
Colors are unique it would however piss off the qld firehawks, being a bird and same colors hawhawhaw

Firehawks aren’t using blue & black and ‘Force’ with a swan as the logo is hardly similar to Firehawks as a brand.

Doubt it would happen anyway, even if the Force got the boot for Super Rugby again.

MugaB

Coach
Firehawks aren’t using blue & black and ‘Force’ with a swan as the logo is hardly similar to Firehawks as a brand.

Doubt it would happen anyway, even if the Force got the boot for Super Rugby again.
The Firehawks are a bird, the western force is a swan logo. (Also a bird)
firehawks are using Black, Gold and Blue, this is the same colors as the western force
Western_Force_logo_new.svg.png

jim_57

Staff member
The Firehawks are a bird, the western force is a swan logo. (Also a bird)
firehawks are using Black, Gold and Blue, this is the same colors as the western force
View attachment 82113

I doubt that both being birds and not similar birds at all would cause even the slightest blink of an eye for the Firehawks bid.

The gold must be new? It’s not on their logo or home jersey but they’ve gone with a black and gold away I see. Still hardly going to impact Firehawks’ bid even if by some miracle they do change codes.

Edit: Just looked a bit more they’ve used gold on & off for a while. Looks better just blue and black.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He should get involved, if anything port the western force over as the WA RL club, i get he is a union man, but that sport is dying a very slow death, and his club is his passion, he would be better served keeping it alive by playing the code that would embrace an already formed club with a fanbase in a comp that people want to watch, would you perth guys support them if they ported over? I mean if that was the choice that was made
I fcking hate union the way many in here hate afl lol.
That said if the opportunity arose to move the force and twiggys billionaires over to league I’d be full onboard!

He’s shown he’s willing to spend a motza on his club and more Importantly the sport, so to have that in rugby league would be impressive.

Can’t see it though. His St George sponsorship will be for some specific benefit to him, maybe he’s looking to buy the steel works in Wollongong?

Pippen94

First Grade
I fcking hate union the way many in here hate afl lol.
That said if the opportunity arose to move the force and twiggys billionaires over to league I’d be full onboard!

He’s shown he’s willing to spend a motza on his club and more Importantly the sport, so to have that in rugby league would be impressive.

Can’t see it though. His St George sponsorship will be for some specific benefit to him, maybe he’s looking to buy the steel works in Wollongong?

Twiggy is Perth's only chance

I'm interested in seeing what the Perth-based consortium has to offer. If the business plan is strong and there's a guarantee to invest resources into the WARL then it could be great for the NRL. I just don't want it to be like the Melbourne Storm.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm interested in seeing what the Perth-based consortium has to offer. If the business plan is strong and there's a guarantee to invest resources into the WARL then it could be great for the NRL. I just don't want it to be like the Melbourne Storm.
At last a reasonable post lol

theres no reason to believe it will be, cumins has been pumping money into grassroots here since the early 90’s, the
likelihood he wont make that an important part of the clubs future going forward is slim to none.

if the nrls any sense it will be a requirement of a tender and should be something the wa govt is involved in.

At last a reasonable post lol

theres no reason to believe it will be, cumins has been pumping money into grassroots here since the early 90’s, the
likelihood he wont make that an important part of the clubs future going forward is slim to none.

if the nrls any sense it will be a requirement of a tender and should be something the wa govt is involved in.

Wasn't Cumins a board member of the Western Reds?

MugaB

Coach
I doubt that both being birds and not similar birds at all would cause even the slightest blink of an eye for the Firehawks bid.

The gold must be new? It’s not on their logo or home jersey but they’ve gone with a black and gold away I see. Still hardly going to impact Firehawks’ bid even if by some miracle they do change codes.

Edit: Just looked a bit more they’ve used gold on & off for a while. Looks better just blue and black.
Yes gold has been there, regardless they are using those exact colors, and a swan is a pretty cool bird, much more better as a mascot, than some obscure random average looking bird that is a pyromaniac

Bukowski

Juniors
Yes gold has been there, regardless they are using those exact colors, and a swan is a pretty cool bird, much more better as a mascot, than some obscure random average looking bird that is a pyromaniac
I do like how they use the black Swan but don't can themselves the swans. A clever way of using it, as it's unique to Perth but avoided confusion with the Sydney swans.

jim_57

Staff member

Meh, neither should be using blue & yellow combined anyway even with a 3rd/4th colour. Do something unique.

Latest posts