What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Bukowski

Juniors
So despite the fact the consortium have been in the paper, despite the fact the dolphins ceo has been talking about how they are sharing info with the consortium, despite the fact the nrlwa boss has talked about the consortium numerous times, you still dont believe there is one? You are cooked lol
But there's an Perth AFL3 consortium. 😅

Nuke

Staff member
This thread is a trainwreck. But I think we can all agree that the only way Perth is getting a team is over Perth Red's dead body.

This. 293 pages, some actual content and constructive debate from both sides, but the vast majority of this thread is bickering, antagonising, and childish namecalling.

Mark these words: There is a Perth bid in the works. A Perth NRL team is a case of 'when', not 'if'.

But until then, people here can and will just continue to throw shit and at eachother, so throw away, peeps.

This. 293 pages, some actual content and constructive debate from both sides, but the vast majority of this thread is bickering, antagonising, and childish namecalling.

Mark these words: There is a Perth bid in the works. A Perth NRL team is a case of 'when', not 'if'.

But until then, people here can and will just continue to throw shit and at eachother, so throw away, peeps.
You can blame Perth Red for the antagonism. He's heaped a lot of shit on every NRL club that ain't the Storm and every bid that isn't from Perth. He tells lies and half-truths. A few weeks ago he was ranting about the Dolphins "stealing" the Pirates' colour scheme. The other day he was ranting about the Dolphins trying to "steal" the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne, despite Moreton Bay being adjacent to it whole the other is located in a separate state. A few years ago he said Brisbane should only have one team. The idiot hates Brisbane and Sydney for not providing Perth with a team full of the best talent from Queensland and NSW.

I don't have a problem with Perth getting a team a some stage. I just don't think it is ahead of NZ2 and Brisbane 3 in the pecking order. Nor do I think Perth will be a great asset to the game. It will forever rely on Brisbane and Sydney for survival and take more than it gives.

mongoose

Coach
I mean his name implies he wants to see the games biggest club gone lol

Broncos, Storm, Raiders, Sharks, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Titans off the top of my head are all clubs he has argued should be folded at some point in the last few years. He is completely full of shit.

Bukowski

Juniors
Broncos, Storm, Raiders, Sharks, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Titans off the top of my head are all clubs he has argued should be folded at some point in the last few years. He is completely full of shit.
But wants a third AFL team in Perth! Some league fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
But wants a third AFL team in Perth! Some league fan.
Well lets take a closer look at the two main antagonists shall we?

Wb who is a self confessed Swans supporter
Donkey who wants to boot the games 2 biggest clubs and would rejoice at seeing AFL even stronger in Perth.
hmmmmmmm

If I was "completely full of shit" I'd say something like this:

I have a theory which might be a bit tin foil hat but I reckon the NRL (news) has or had a secret agreement with ARU to stay out of WA to give the Force and Australian Rugby "space".

The long term goal will be for RL to become the number 2 sport in WA, at the moment it’s ranking around 6th. Not so much in participation but overall in fanbase, money and profile.

Perth Red: "There's five sports ahead of RL in Perth."

Perth Red: "Perth should be gifted a team and $2m funding for thr WARL".

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth Red: "There's five sports ahead of RL in Perth."

Perth Red: "Perth should be gifted a team and $2m funding for thr WARL".
That depends if Rugby league is interested in growing as a sport. If not then let it sit at 6th place. If it is then now's a great time to do something about it. As a rugby league fan Id have thought you'd be keen to see the sport grow. But maybe not.

That depends if Rugby league is interested in growing as a sport. If not then let it sit at 6th place. If it is then now's a great time to do something about it. As a rugby league fan Id have thought you'd be keen to see the sport grow. But maybe not.
As a Queenslander from Brisbane and a rugby league fan my priority is maximising the game's potential in SEQ.

What makes you think I should ignore the interests of the game in the city I was born?

The only reason you're championing a team in Perth is because you've lived there for 20 years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As a Queenslander from Brisbane and a rugby league fan my priority is maximising the game's potential in SEQ.

What makes you think I should ignore the interests of the game in the city I was born?

The only reason you're championing a team in Perth is because you've lived there for 20 years.
That and the fact I want to see RL grow. Its an amazing sport to watch and play, and that it is still so confined to a few places in the world is criminal and a terrible reflection on the games management over the century.
Adding another team in Brisbane does virtually nothing to grow the sport, growing into new markets offers much greater opportunities.
I want to see the ARLC invest in SA, NT, Tas, Vic, regional NSw and Qlnd, hell anywhere we can grow the game into new markets or thats being neglected. Id like to see them give NZRL far greater funding to grow the game across NZ, Id like to see them support growth, proper growth not tokenistic pesudo Australian or NZ teams, in the pacific islands. Id like to see them reinstate the 2019 levels of grassroots funding. Im about growth of the game, be it Perth or elsewhere.

Its not like Brisbane is somehow neglected by the ARLC is it? You still havent answered why you arent a Dolphins fan? You said you became a cowboys fan because you couldnt stand the Broncos. Well you now have a non Broncos team in your city, why aren't you a supporter of them? Does Brisbane need a third team when the two it now has still have so much more room to grow?

Nuke

Staff member
You can blame Perth Red for the antagonism. He's heaped a lot of shit on every NRL club that ain't the Storm and every bid that isn't from Perth. He tells lies and half-truths. A few weeks ago he was ranting about the Dolphins "stealing" the Pirates' colour scheme. The other day he was ranting about the Dolphins trying to "steal" the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne, despite Moreton Bay being adjacent to it whole the other is located in a separate state. A few years ago he said Brisbane should only have one team. The idiot hates Brisbane and Sydney for not providing Perth with a team full of the best talent from Queensland and NSW.

I don't have a problem with Perth getting a team a some stage. I just don't think it is ahead of NZ2 and Brisbane 3 in the pecking order. Nor do I think Perth will be a great asset to the game. It will forever rely on Brisbane and Sydney for survival and take more than it gives.
There are a few who can be 'blamed' for it. From both sides of the argument.

That and the fact I want to see RL grow. Its an amazing sport to watch and play, and that it is still so confined to a few places in the world is criminal and a terrible reflection on the games management over the century.
Adding another team in Brisbane does virtually nothing to grow the sport, growing into new markets offers much greater opportunities.
I want to see the ARLC invest in SA, NT, Tas, Vic, regional NSw and Qlnd, hell anywhere we can grow the game into new markets or thats being neglected. Id like to see them give NZRL far greater funding to grow the game across NZ, Id like to see them support growth, proper growth not tokenistic pesudo Australian or NZ teams, in the pacific islands. Id like to see them reinstate the 2019 levels of grassroots funding. Im about growth of the game, be it Perth or elsewhere.

You're a Pom telling Queenslanders and New South Welshmen how to run the game in Australia. Telling passionate RL fans from Queensland that we should miss out so that a Pom can get what he wants won't go down well up here. It's bad enough we've got insane wankers from Canberra trying to tell us what to do. You -- and the morons from Canberra -- want Queenslanders to fund your bullshit vision. My response to that is "go f**k yourself".

Its not like Brisbane is somehow neglected by the ARLC is it? You still havent answered why you arent a Dolphins fan? You said you became a cowboys fan because you couldnt stand the Broncos. Well you now have a non Broncos team in your city, why aren't you a supporter of them? Does Brisbane need a third team when the two it now has still have so much more room to grow?

Cowboys will always be my main team. I've followed them through thick and thin for 28 years. I was just 10 when they entered the ARL. I cannot turn my back on the club that I've passionately supported for almost 75% of my life.

Dolphins are my second team because they're a traditional BRL club. The BRL is still under represented in the NRL.

What will you do with the Storm [in the advent that Perth gets a team]?

Will you give them up?

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
You're a Pom telling Queenslanders and New South Welshmen how to run the game in Australia. Telling passionate RL fans from Queensland that we should miss out so that a Pom can get what he wants won't go down well up here. It's bad enough we've got insane wankers from Canberra trying to tell us what to do. You -- and the morons from Canberra -- want Queenslanders to fund your bullshit vision. My response to that is "go f**k yourself".

Cowboys will always be my main team. I've followed them through thick and thin for 28 years. I was just 10 when they entered the ARL. I cannot turn my back on the club that I've passionately supported for almost 75% of my life.

Dolphins are my second team because they're a traditional BRL club. The BRL is still under represented in the NRL.

Will you give them up?
What?

Mere weeks ago you were saying that every Cowboys fan should support the Broncos as their second team?

And you got super sooky when I suggested that was a ludicrous statement

Perth Red

Post Whore

Will you give them up?
someones on the angry pills lol. what do you mean 'miss out'? You've got 3 teams in SE Qlnd and another up north you can support. How many do you want? You're now sounding like a Sydney RL fan!

As for me, storm will become my second team and Perth my main team.

someones on the angry pills lol. what do you mean 'miss out'? You've got 3 teams in SE Qlnd and another up north you can support. How many do you want? You're now sounding like a Sydney RL fan!

As for me, storm will become my second team and Perth my main team.

Brisbane and Sydney are the Mecca and Medina of the rugby league world. Professional rugby league would barely exist without Brisbane and Sydney.

Perth, Melbourne and Hull are worthless dots on a map.

Brisbane could easily support four teams. Perth cannot support one without assistance from Brisbane and Sydney.

Latest posts