What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Nothing since may? RIP
I know you're an annoying troll with a low IQ, but I'll bite.

The club summed up its intention in the first paragraph:

The Brisbane Tigers Rugby League Football Club have announced its intentions to bid for the 18th NRL licence.​

If you don't understand what that means then ask a 12 year old child to explain it to you.

MugaB

Coach

The Brisbane Tigers Rugby League Football Club have announced its intentions to bid for the 18th NRL licence.​

If you don't understand what that means then ask a 12 year old child to explain it to you.
I think he meant NEW news, not a summation of last may, in anyway, yes they still have intended to bid, but seeing tho that dolphins are still new/fresh maybe the 20th licence is what they'll need to strive for, by then there wont be any excuse by either Brisbane clubs to hold them back, but that might be 7-10 years away

Bukowski

Juniors
I think he meant NEW news, not a summation of last may, in anyway, yes they still have intended to bid, but seeing tho that dolphins are still new/fresh maybe the 20th licence is what they'll need to strive for, by then there wont be any excuse by either Brisbane clubs to hold them back, but that might be 7-10 years away
Depends on how fast VLandys turbo charged expansion is. He still may go 3 at once but before the Olympics would be great.

It's looking more likely they'll have to wait for the 20th licence. They've stated all along they're willing to wait.

Iamback

Coach
Push along Pete doesnt drag his feet though

Yeah but none of the options are straight forward. At the most you will get another Brisbane team, The rest are in areas that need processes setup. Particularly in player development that makes it harder.

I know they did 4 at once in 95 but that was when sides ran all 3 grades. Harder to do that now.

I think 2035 is more realistic.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah but none of the options are straight forward. At the most you will get another Brisbane team, The rest are in areas that need processes setup. Particularly in player development that makes it harder.

I know they did 4 at once in 95 but that was when sides ran all 3 grades. Harder to do that now.

Id be happy if they brought WC Pirates into SG Ball, Jersey fleg and NSW cup anytime in the next decade!

Bukowski

Juniors

You reckon Bris3 is ahead of PNG ? I think they will be the last of the next 3.
The NRL don't seem to be interested in setting up processes and player development. They want the clubs to do it. They'll give new areas a license and get them to set up pathways .

Pippen94

First Grade

Yep, bids from tigers, PNG but no Perth!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's weird that they took control of NRLWA then did nothing with it.
Its dereliction of mandate by ARLC but as Buk says NRL has little interest in grassroots or jnrs and is leaving it to NRL clubs which is a massive failure of a model imo.
NRLWA has had all its decision making power and a big chunk of its funding removed since NRL took over the WARL. The local clubs dont trust the NRL and there is a fair bit of disharmony I hear. I can see why NSWRL and QRL are constantly in a battle with NRL HQ these days.

Have a link for that claim?

"Although the State Government won't be leading the bid or responsible for a potential franchise, we are confident that there will be a strong and compelling case for a WA-based team.

Perth Red

Post Whore
"Although the State Government won't be leading the bid or responsible for a potential franchise, we are confident that there will be a strong and compelling case for a WA-based team.​
I didnt think theyd directly fund a club again after the Western Force issue but turns out this Gov have agreed to give Perth Glory $7million to help them out. So i wouldnt discount direct funding, though Id hope we are self sufficient and dont need govt funding beyond infrastructure and jnrs/womens support.