What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Das Hassler

Bench
He was a solid prop for sure. Everything about him was black and gold. He played over 11 seasons and a club captain too.
I'm pretty sure he was a red nut???
It's a shame his name will be noted for this squabble rather than his Tigers career.

Ahh it's just how it goes. ...can't blame him for trying to save a club that's part of his very being but there comes a time where you just have to slide across to the passenger seat of whatever you've been driving well for 50 or 60 years

Vic Mackey

Referee
Your mob seem more attractive to signings than my mob. It’s like pulling teeth to get anyone onboard with the Dragons.

Hey mate all the best on the weekend. Just wondering your thoughts on the Damien Cook signing? Seems a weird one to me. Cooks really only asset is speed and now at 33 isnt what it used to be. Coming through Jacob Liddle was compared to him. Very similar players yet Lids is 5 years younger and probably on half the pay packet. Personally thought Jake had been pretty good for you guys?

Nutz

Bench
Ahh it's just how it goes. ...can't blame him for trying to save a club that's part of his very being but there comes a time where you just have to slide across to the passenger seat of whatever you've been driving well for 50 or 60 years
Exactly mate.
In our case we chose Balmain or Western Suburbs as our team. I don't know about you but I was quiet distraught when we became a joint venture.
The blow was softened by the fact that we were called Wests for the Magpies supporters and Tigers for the Balmain supporters.
By the time 05 rolled around I was all but a fully fledged Wests Tigers supporter but it was signed, sealed and delivered when we were crowned Premiers that year.
We've ensdured a lot of pain and ridicule since then and to make us go through it all again would be scandalous and criminal. Why criminal..."they would've stolen our Soul"

Das Hassler

Bench
Exactly mate.
In our case we chose Balmain or Western Suburbs as our team. I don't know about you but I was quiet distraught when we became a joint venture.
The blow was softened by the fact that we were called Wests for the Magpies supporters and Tigers for the Balmain supporters.
By the time 05 rolled around I was all but a fully fledged Wests Tigers supporter but it was signed, sealed and delivered when we were crowned Premiers that year.
We've ensdured a lot of pain and ridicule since then and to make us go through it all again would be scandalous and criminal. Why criminal..."they would've stolen our Soul"

Couldn't have said it better ! :)

Tigerm

Coach
The club has since denied the story.
With HBG telling Barry O’Farrell that he needs to reapply for his job, I think something was said, but why was it said, is the question.
Something appears to be happening at the top and people are upset that promises have not been met.
It should not affect the footy team and hopefully sort it self out.
Onwards and upwards.

Fordy20

Juniors
There are a couple of members on the new board members that are from the old board isn't there Fordy? How is that ethical?

It's not, but the problem is, no one will give a shit about the ownership and governance issues if the club continues to make progress on the field. That's what my concern is, that Wests Ashfield used the report as an excuse to turf the board and the CEO and aren't committed to fixing these issues that lead to us sucking for almost two decades.

It's wonderful that Richo has signed a four year contract to be the CEO and we appear to be going in the right direction. I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping that Barry is being asked to reapply for his job because people aren't satisfied with the movement on these governances and ownership issues, but the jaded and cynical side of me is saying that HBG never gave a shit about fixing them at all, that these issue will go unaddressed and come back to bit us on the arse when Richo moves on.

Nutz

Bench
It's not, but the problem is, no one will give a shit about the ownership and governance issues if the club continues to make progress on the field. That's what my concern is, that Wests Ashfield used the report as an excuse to turf the board and the CEO and aren't committed to fixing these issues that lead to us sucking for almost two decades.

It's wonderful that Richo has signed a four year contract to be the CEO and we appear to be going in the right direction. I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping that Barry is being asked to reapply for his job because people aren't satisfied with the movement on these governances and ownership issues, but the jaded and cynical side of me is saying that HBG never gave a shit about fixing them at all, that these issue will go unaddressed and come back to bit us on the arse when Richo moves on.
Good read.
Off topic a bit, but am I the only one concerned about Richo's health.
He loves what most of us like, a beer and a good feed.
Judging by his physique, age and job stress he should be concerned about his ticker.
I hope he's getting some good health advice.
I've been through it all and I've learnt the hard way that the heart is a pretty important piece of kit ;)

Nutz

Bench
I've given them both up. I've never felt better.
Me too, getting pissed that is, but more for medical reasons. I just have my 3 stubbles once a week while watching the games.
I've forgotten what a hangover feel like. Gee you save a bit of coin too hey.
Hope you haven't given up eating altogether Tiger :)

gordsy

Juniors
Also...if Elias is genuine that he's all in on helping strengthen and progressing WT then I'll support his involvement even if there's something in it for him...there's something in it for most of the rest of them anyway...ego gratification!
I think the closest Benny should Involved with the club is home his new home base, on the sun...

RedVee

First Grade
Hey mate all the best on the weekend. Just wondering your thoughts on the Damien Cook signing? Seems a weird one to me. Cooks really only asset is speed and now at 33 isnt what it used to be. Coming through Jacob Liddle was compared to him. Very similar players yet Lids is 5 years younger and probably on half the pay packet. Personally thought Jake had been pretty good for you guys?
Thanks mate, I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Liddle has been very good but his one weakness is he drops away when asked to play the full 80mins. I think that is why we went for Cooky. Plus he will take a leadership role on field in the spine and off field as well. We can do with another example of professionalism for the younger guys. Our younger 9s coming through are supposedly another 2 years away, they can learn from Cooke and Lidds both.

Latest posts