What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Force

aussies1st

Staff member
The Force did pretty well against the Canes. They had most of the possession and terrority they just couldn't get over the line. Set pieces look good just their hands aren't the best. I predict they will beat the Chiefs next week.

xxxx!

Juniors
Thomas said:
But Fieldo, the Perth team had done well in the Australia Shield competition....actually winning it a few years back.

They can't be that bad.

They aren't . fieldo is seeing the WARU through jealous eyes .
It's actually the WARL that's a joke now , having only two 1st division teams that are forced to play with all the rest due to lack of numbers .

Mal Meninga

Bench
How much do you reckon the force are paying for the spoon? They are certaintys IMO.
The reds are playing like a house on fire against the crusaders, enough to show they'll win some games.

perth sharkie

Juniors
I can see the Farce being a flop and possibly going the same way as the Western Reds. They're the flavour of the month at the moment, but if the team keep losing the so-called supporters will abandon them in droves. Most of them aren't true supporters and are only there because it's the "in" thing. Subiaco Oval is also a terrible ground to watch any rectangular sport, who would want to watch a losing team at that dreadful arena?

aussies1st

Staff member
Mal Meninga said:
How much do you reckon the force are paying for the spoon? They are certaintys IMO.
The reds are playing like a house on fire against the crusaders, enough to show they'll win some games.

I reckon the Chiefs are in contention. When you lose to the Cats you know you are in trouble.

lockyno1

Post Whore
perth sharkie said:
I can see the Farce being a flop and possibly going the same way as the Western Reds. They're the flavour of the month at the moment, but if the team keep losing the so-called supporters will abandon them in droves. Most of them aren't true supporters and are only there because it's the "in" thing. Subiaco Oval is also a terrible ground to watch any rectangular sport, who would want to watch a losing team at that dreadful arena?

Unlike the Perth Reds, the Force have a lot of $!

Jackal Dog

Juniors
The Force were a bit unlucky against the Hurricanes, they dominated play at times but just couldn't capitalize. Anyway hope they can get over the Chiefs in Perth next week or the Perth "faithful" could start dropping off like flys.

Western Force...hahahaha...club level at best !!!...this team should have been based in Melbourne then the right players would have targeted and the team would get some success in it's first year !!!.

fieldo

Juniors
At least the Reds won some games......The Force are weak.

ANd the NRL pulled the plug on the Reds as part of the deal to unify the code.

If all was equal Perth still would have had an NRL but teams had to go and as the Reds were out of sight out of mind...out they went.

The Perth RL club scene is seniors has stuggled since the Reds left but it is coming back and their juniors are strong.

I still think the Union Admin favours a few clubs....if they really wanted union to succeed they should have proped up the third grade clubs in the first grade senior comp like Rockingham etc. They did them no favours.

It will be interesting the next few years.......at least its rugby that is getting some air play for a while....soccer must be hurting.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Geez you have to be sorry for John Mitchell and the force. If losing Lachie Mackay for the season wasnt enough, Junior Pelesasa is now out for season with fractured ankle.

go_the_doggies

Juniors
Haha i think the reds vs crusaders was a awesome match

the crusaders still managed to win, after being 14-11 down, then dan missing half his kicks

i think the try rico scored off carter's cross field kick is in contention with try of the season, well so far anyways lol:)

aussies1st

Staff member
Force are certainties for the spoon. Cats are playing really well and have points on the board already. Reds matched the Crusaders too so that leaves the Force for the spoon.

lockyno1

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Force are certainties for the spoon. Cats are playing really well and have points on the board already. Reds matched the Crusaders too so that leaves the Force for the spoon.

Cheetahs possibly.

The Western Force were absolutely shocking last night and will not winn any games playing the way they did against the Chiefs...their kicking was poor and their backline looked second rate...Mitchell better start putting his foot down or they are going to turn into the biggest joke of a team playing professional rugby.