What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests 1999 V Newcastle 2005....Who is worse?

Darth Bobo

Knight82 said:
You cant really argue with our fullstrength line up including Joey, Bedsy, Abraham, Simpson, Matt Gidley, Kurt Gidley and Craig Smith.

All rep players plus a plethora of talented others.

To include Craig Smith as a "rep player" is really pushing the boundries of bad taste....

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, the last time he played in a rep game was 2-4 years ago? Plus he wasn't even in your top 25 at the start of the year and was dragged out of retirement.

Bench
gregstar said:
'99 was the last time that souths were anything like competitive.
they were still in finals contention up untill round 22.
after the first ten rounds, they were 5w & 5L.
they were in the top 8 as late as round 20
The 6th of June at Campbo we beat Balmain Benny's side I was there,as has been pointed out above Souths were travelling OK in 1999.
The Wests side was made up of relatively young blokes and some off casts from other clubs,some of the young guys include Hodgson,Skandallis and the Mcguinniss brothers.Wests lost Langmack,Leeds,Willis,Kennedy and some others at the end of 1998 plus Mescia and Georgallis were injured in 1999 and there was no depth too cover for them.
So that makes the win over Balmain Benny's team all the better,sometimes I wonder do people think before they post.

McLovin

Staff member
Western Suburbs Magpies (1999)

Played 24, Won 3, Lost 21

For: 285 (11.8)
Against: 944 (39.3)

Position: 17 out of 17

Newcastle Knights (2005)

Played 9, Won 0, Lost 9

For: 128 (14.2)
Against: 308 (34.2)

Postition: 15 out of 15​

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
that is incorrect.
IF the dragons win it will be title ONE...not 16. and thats a FACT.
Remember, you are STG ILLA...not STG.

Incorrect. The joint venture have been given the rights to take the statistical information of both clubs into account when they are considered. Which means that they are St George and Illawarra not a new seperate club.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Jae said:
I've had a long time hate for Newcastle but I don't really get any pleasure out of them losing so much, so badly. In the one game I saw (against Souths) everytime Johns made a break no one was there at all, he kind of stood there looking to offload while the rest of them were trying to find a water bottle. There are some positives from all the injuries I guess, that winger with the weird name looks alright (not Tighe, god he's useless) and throughout the year even if they don't win another game they'll get the chance to bring alot of reserve graders through and see how they go, if they're lucky they'll find a diamond in the (very) rough.

Anyways, that all being said... without having the Bye, the NRL ladder would look like this (10 games -1 for the bye)

Code:
No	Club		P W	D	L B	P/D	PTS
14	Rabbitohs	9 2	0	7 0	-125	4
15	Bye		9 0	0	9 0	0	0
16 Knights		9 0	0	9 0	-180	0

WTF????

MORON!

Gene Krupa

Referee
cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
common mate please come back here when you win a match , i cant see you winning one .

its almost been like 10 months , do you remeber what it feels like to win a match?

Come back when you win a premiership! I can't see you ever winning one.

It's been 38 years and you've choked at every attempt!

You don't even KNOW what it feels like to possess the trophy in your sig? :lol:

Bib

Juniors
Considering if Newcastle were at full strength their side would look like

1. Seage
2. Carmont
3. K Gidley
4. M Gidley
5. Quin/hall
6. Witt
7. A Johns
8. J Perry
9. Bederus
10. Woolmough
11. Simpson
12. Abraham
13. Renyoldson

Thats not the worst ever team by a long way
However Newcastle has to look at its recruitment policy look at the players they have lost in the past three or four seasons since they won the comp
1.Odavis
2.Macdougall
3.Tahu
4 Russell Richardson
5 Justin Ryder
6.John Morris
7.Sean Rudder
8.David Farleigh
9. Mike Enis
10.Peter Sheilds
11.Paul Rahuhai
12. Adam Muir (i know it was a while ago!)
13. Bill Peden
that talent has left the club and not been replaced, its had to deal with

BWNB

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Come back when you win a premiership! I can't see you ever winning one.

It's been 38 years and you've choked at every attempt!

You don't even KNOW what it feels like to possess the trophy in your sig? :lol:

you cant see us winning one?
well what are you chances to win one?
you got to win some games first and you cant cheat

Gene Krupa

Referee
cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
you cant see us winning one?
well what are you chances to win one?
you got to win some games first and you cant cheat

Ummmmm. We've won two Einstein!

:rolleyes:

Sharks haven't been successful in winning a premiership for 38 years! I don't see anything changing in the future.

Choke! Choke!

Jae

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
WTF????

MORON!

Nice one dipsh*t, prove it wrong. Taking away the 2 points Newcastle got from the Bye, they would actually be below the Bye on the ladder. It's not my fault you support the worst team in rugby league.

What i dont get is why you have to bag other teams sooo bad i mean seriously, if your team was going so goddamn bad you'd crack the sh*ts at anyone who was to say a word wrong. yet its alright to say crap and bag other teams when they go through bad patches.

Jae

Juniors
I'm a Roosters fan, after the years of constant bagging and accusations of things that aren't true, I think I've earnt the right to bag other teams.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Jae said:
Nice one dipsh*t, prove it wrong. Taking away the 2 points Newcastle got from the Bye, they would actually be below the Bye on the ladder. It's not my fault you support the worst team in rugby league.

F@rk you're thick aren't you?

Bye doesn't score points OR let then in, so you're stupid argument is invalid!

Fair dinkum! :arrow:

Gene Krupa

Referee
Jae said:
I'm a Roosters fan, after the years of constant bagging and accusations of things that aren't true, I think I've earnt the right to bag other teams.

The only thing you've earnt mate is a dunces hat!

yakstorm

First Grade
As a Magpies fan, who followed them even in the 99 season, I'll even admit Newcastle this year is better than Wests in 99. Wests had an extremely young and inexperienced side...perhaps if they had the ability to stay together for 2-3 years they could of possibly acctually turned into a reasonable competitive side, but yeah thats another arguement.

Newcaslte will string it together before the season ends and will possibly get 5-6 wins on the trot. They have too much potential not to.