What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Coaches 2024

Nutz

Bench
If I was Benji I would be scrutinizing all the games so far and punt any players not meeting the highest standards back to KOE.
I appreciate the lack of depth but he has to send a message to the players that poor performances won't wash.
Bring in some U8's, can't do any worse....same std.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If I was Benji I would be scrutinizing all the games so far and punt any players not meeting the highest standards back to KOE.
I appreciate the lack of depth but he has to send a message to the players that poor performances won't wash.
Bring in some U8's, can't do any worse....same std.
Surprisingly Benji has been making the right decisions & dropping the useless impostor is a glaring example.

Nutz

Bench
Surprisingly Benji has been making the right decisions & dropping the useless impostor is a glaring example.
Well I hope it's sinking in Ted. As you would know, back in the day when players weren't on big money, one would often shake hands with the U23/Reserve Grade coach if he slackened off.
Players these days who are on big doolars are often saved from axing by reputation alone.

Nutz

Bench
As a side note, bargain priced players winge for more money without producing.... How would you like to be paid $350k a year. It would be happy days for me.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
BENJI PUTS HAND UP FOR TIGERS’ LACK OF GAME MANGEMENT

Tigers coach Benji Marshall has taken responsibility for his side’s lack of game management after they slumped to an eighth straight loss in a 42-28 defeat by the Cowboys.

The Tigers’ attack improved, but their defence deserted them against the Cowboys and they still left far too many points out there.

Marshall was pleased with his side’s effort, but felt they shot themselves in the foot with poor last play options.

“One thing your fans want is a team that competes every week and we’re not short of effort,” Marshall said.

“There’s just moments in games where we need to learn how to manage a bit better and if I’m being honest that’s probably on me.

“We focus on a lot of things but the detail of managing a game and learning that has to come from the coach.

“We’ve got the bye next week so I’ll do everything I can to have a look at what’s going good for us and what needs improvements. But at the end of the day it’s on me.

“Effort is non-negotiable in our team and as a coach (I’m) really proud of that but given it’s my first year as a head coach there’s probably some experiences that I need to be better at, which is helping our boys learn how to manage a game. I take responsibility for that.”

The Tigers are now second last heading into the bye, before a must win clash with the Dragons in Round 14, with their finals hopes slipping away.

-------------
No use crying, just fix it if you can:(
Maybe bring in Brad Arthur or an ex senior coach to assist, for the rest of the season?

Tigers coach Benji Marshall has taken responsibility for his side’s lack of game management after they slumped to an eighth straight loss in a 42-28 defeat by the Cowboys.

The Tigers’ attack improved, but their defence deserted them against the Cowboys and they still left far too many points out there.

Marshall was pleased with his side’s effort, but felt they shot themselves in the foot with poor last play options.

“One thing your fans want is a team that competes every week and we’re not short of effort,” Marshall said.

“There’s just moments in games where we need to learn how to manage a bit better and if I’m being honest that’s probably on me.

“We focus on a lot of things but the detail of managing a game and learning that has to come from the coach.

“We’ve got the bye next week so I’ll do everything I can to have a look at what’s going good for us and what needs improvements. But at the end of the day it’s on me.

“Effort is non-negotiable in our team and as a coach (I’m) really proud of that but given it’s my first year as a head coach there’s probably some experiences that I need to be better at, which is helping our boys learn how to manage a game. I take responsibility for that.”

The Tigers are now second last heading into the bye, before a must win clash with the Dragons in Round 14, with their finals hopes slipping away.

-------------
Maybe bring in Brad Arthur or an ex senior coach to assist, for the rest of the season?

It’s quite interesting that Benji is taking some responsibility.

Usually the official coaches mantra is injuries or anything other than self reflection.

He’s obviously feeling the pressure.

Because we are wheeling and dealing for players, I think he’s not overly confident with the squad.

That Richo magical mystery tour, that was leaked as well.

Some mid season panic and chaos, water off a ducks back for us fans and members.

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s quite interesting that Benji is taking some responsibility.

Usually the official coaches mantra is injuries or anything other than self reflection.

He’s obviously feeling the pressure.

Because we are wheeling and dealing for players, I think he’s not overly confident with the squad.

That Richo magical mystery tour, that was leaked as well.

Some mid season panic and chaos, water off a ducks back for us fans and members.
I think Richo was thinking, "you don't have to tell me 7 times, it ain't working"

Das Hassler

Bench

-------------

Nah....if Brad Arthur couldn't get Dylan Brown or anyone else to game manage the eels with Moses missing he wouldnt have helped us with 18 and state cup quality 23 year old halves....we'll have Sezer back shortly in good health and hopefully making up for 4 weeks lost.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I think we have to hold our nerve here with Benji, its a long process that we have continually swapped and changed in the past. There is definite green shoots appearing and the best thing I've noticed is that we are playing our best when all the younger guys are on the field. There was a notable lift in energy and performance last week when Matamua and Pole came on, combined with the efforts of Galvin, Fainu and Bula.
Next year all these guys will have another year under their belt, hopefully Stefano sticks around and we add Luai and Turuva into the mix. You compare us to the Bulldogs who are now turning the corner, they've mostly bought in outside backs and edge backrowers to build the team, we have actually established a strong and future proof spine, experience with Api, Sezer and Luai adding to our young future in Bula, Fainu, Galvin and DaSilva.

Tigerm

First Grade
I can't post it, as it was on instagram, so don't know if it's true, but a guy was talking about the Craig Bellamy interview technique. When a young player comes down to see him, he takes them for coffee, and two things supposedly need to happen before they get into the interview.
1. When the player orders a coffee, Craig takes notice if he says PLEASE
2. When the coffee arrives, Craig takes notice if he says THANKYOU
If the player neglects these two things, the interview does not proceed, because his first requirement is, he wants kids with good character?

I can't post it, as it was on instagram, so don't know if it's true, but a guy was talking about the Craig Bellamy interview technique. When a young player comes down to see him, he takes them for coffee, and two things supposedly need to happen before they get into the interview.
1. When the player orders a coffee, Craig takes notice if he says PLEASE
2. When the coffee arrives, Craig takes notice if he says THANKYOU
If the player neglects these two things, the interview does not proceed, because his first requirement is, he wants kids with good character?
Our players are “ hurry it up” and “ what took you so long”