What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers new sponsor

Ubsy

Juniors
Front-Rower said:
I think they used to give a Proton car as the major prize on Wheel of Fortune at one stage there.

I think they could "enlarge" the emblem a bit to fill the jersey as it looks a little
"naked" going by that image.

I argee. Increase the size of the logo and wording and I think it would look great.
Anything is better than that Herbal crap.

tiger_nick

Bench
Looks fantastic!!

JFTA were great for us this year, not sure exactly what the story was but after Herbal World fell through a few weeks before the comp started the bloke who owns JFTA kicked in $500,000 to help the club out. He was a life long supporter and good mate of Darren Senters. I'm sure it went something along those lines. Anyways they sure got their moneys worth!!

Good to see Dean Collis and Shannon McDonnell on show. Those blokes will make names for themselves next year as Farah, Fulton, Halatau and Gibbs did this year.

aids

Bench
so if any WT players get involved in drugs the head line will read as
" tigers take proton pills!"?

Kiwi

First Grade
Great News for the Tigers, hopefully they can pick up alot more sponsors as a result of the grand final win.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
aids said:
so if any WT players get involved in drugs the head line will read as
" tigers take proton pills!"?

:|

Proton is a car company.
Not funny.

Hari Kari

Juniors
innsaneink said:
image_200510615273636230.jpg

lol hope he doesn't want to be inconspicuous.

fancy driving around in a car like that.

MrSharky

Juniors
I happen to be an automotive enthusiast... and all I can say is: God I'd hate to be driving around in a West Tigers company car now!...

Proton make some of the worst cars money can buy (I'm surprised they even charge you), especially the Satria; which became infamous for its spontaneous engine fire scandals of 2000...

Of course I don't expect much of Malaysian engineering... having never heard of it...

One thing to note: Proton is owned by Mitsubishi who themselves are having severe fiscal difficulties...

I can't see this sponsorship being long-term at all (through no fault of the tigers)...

icon6.gif

Southernsaint

Staff member
MrSharky said:
I happen to be an automotive enthusiast... and all I can say is: God I'd hate to be driving around in a West Tigers company car now!...

Proton make some of the worst cars money can buy (I'm surprised they even charge you), especially the Satria; which became infamous for its spontaneous engine fire scandals of 2000...

Of course I don't expect much of Malaysian engineering... having never heard of it...

One thing to note: Proton is owned by Mitsubishi who themselves are having severe fiscal difficulties...

I can't see this sponsorship being long-term at all (through no fault of the tigers)...

icon6.gif

Have Cronulla's sleeve sponsors even paid the club yet??

:lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Clearly Cronulla haven't paid the NRL yet otherwise they'd have a premiership :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Think about it. Brisbane have won five of the things, the Roosters and Bulldogs both have one in the last few years...

Why do you think Newcastle almost went broke less than 5 years after their last premiership? :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I know someone who owns a Proton Satria GTI and he has been wrapped with it.

Plus, the GTI looks great and has Lotus Handling.

MrSharky

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Have Cronulla's sleeve sponsors even paid the club yet??

:lol:

No. They are currently in administration. What does that have to do with anything?...

dodge said:
Clearly Cronulla haven't paid the NRL yet otherwise they'd have a premiership :lol:

We are a club built on morals and integrity... we wouldn't stoop to such a level... :D

hybrid_tiger said:
Plus, the GTI looks great and has Lotus Handling.

BAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Come on mate... you and I both know how much bullshit, that is...

Lotus are makers of track-built light-weight inexpensive supercars, which are designed to outpace much more expensive rivals...

They handle quite amazingly, and no Proton (LOL) will go close...

icon6.gif

hybrid_tiger

Coach
MrSharky said:
BAHAHAHAHHAAHA

Come on mate... you and I both know how much bullshit, that is...

Lotus are makers of track-built light-weight inexpensive supercars, which are designed to outpace much more expensive rivals...

They handle quite amazingly, and no Proton (LOL) will go close...

icon6.gif

No bullsh*t - handling by Lotus. And from people I know who have driven one, they handle great.

Proton actually own Lotus anyway.

hrundi99

First Grade
Whether or not this is a long term agreement (2 years plus?), it has been a success in that it has lifted the value of the jersey and the subsequent naming rights.

Even if Proton are out the door in 2 years for financial reasons, the price will be set.

There are many benefits in long term arrangements, but this is a good start.

hrundi99

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
No bullsh*t - handling by Lotus. And from people I know who have driven one, they handle great.

Proton actually own Lotus anyway.

I'll reserve judgement until I drive one. I bet your friends who've driven the Proton haven't driven a Lotus to compare.

The new Proton GTI's although not my type of car do have the lotus Suspension Setups as Proton tookover Lotus. There four they now share smillar platforms as it is cheaper ETC. It is much the same way as Ford-Mazda

hrundi99

First Grade
Eye of the Tiger said:
The new Proton GTI's although not my type of car do have the lotus Suspension Setups as Proton tookover Lotus. There four they now share smillar platforms as it is cheaper ETC. It is much the same way as Ford-Mazda

I'm sorry mate but if you think the Lotus and Proton "platforms" are the same (or similar) then you're kidding yourself.

An41

Juniors
MrSharky said:

The Australian divison of Mitsubishi is a worry, the Japanese division are doing fine, the more evos they release onto their market not to worry. They need to bring back a new VR4

Good thing for Aus is that now the Evo 9 is locally delivered so it not as expensive as previous models.