What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers v Canberra

edabomb

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
Big Mick said:
lmao

Where is Raiduh?

Making room in the old trophy cabinet for a wooden spoon...

Moffo said:
go canberra for the spoon :lol:

Reading comments like that and then seeing us get up to win made me laugh. Don't try and make this into a 20 page thread, its a trial the result doesn't really matter. See you in the season proper!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly. So you lot talk up your wins against the Tigers and a Jersey Flegg Bulldogs outfit :lol:

Welcome to football :D

Fluffy

Juniors
A lot of point scored.

Both teams not looking great if you ask me.

I will watch the odds to get the best idea of what is thought

Raider Azz

Bench
dodge said:
Exactly. So you lot talk up your wins against the Tigers and a Jersey Flegg Bulldogs outfit :lol:

Welcome to football :D
Correction, 69 was talking up our win, and we was only doing it to bait you. And it worked :lol:

Bloody Groundhog day. The West's Tigers supporters life.

3 mistakes, 3 tries to the Raiders.

I don't think either side played well but it was a trial. I wouldn't be writing any team off based on trial form.

Fluffy

Juniors
i think a lot of people wrote both teams off based on roster and this has only confirmed their thoughts somewhat

westie

Bench
Very much a trial game. I'm not really sure what Canberra did but I know Wests were shuffling players and used almost 2 squads. Wests played much better than they did against Manly, particularly around the ruck. I take plenty of confidence out of this match even though I'm still disapointed with the quality of our pack. If I was a Raiders fan I DEFINATELY would not be taking a lot of hope out of that game. I still like their value for the spoon.

Kid

Juniors
Wests lost to both Parra and Souths before season proper and Souths again in the early rounds in 2004 yet still managed to challenge for the 8. It's a long season ahead and anything can happen. WT will be using a few more youngsters this year and only 2 things happen when that occurs. They either dig in and surprise, or they go weak in the knees and fail. Time will tell.

AzzA84

Juniors
I Cant believe some are saying raiders for the spoon, i dont think they will even get close to it, they have a pretty decent backline, im sure j.smith will do a good job, and withers im not to sure about but im sure if he doesnt fire he will be benched and carney will play halfback and carney looks like he has the goods. There forwards arent as good as they had in 2003-04 but adamson looks good, and when o'hara and hindmarsh fire they are very good players, all in all raiders wont be going near the spoon and this is coming from a bulldogs supporter so you cant say im biast.

Its not suprising that we stuffed up in the second half after resting Skandallis, O'Neil, Prince and Wilson. As for the Raiders - was losing Weyman really worth the win?

Duff

Juniors
Absolutely AWFUL game of Rugby League!!!

Both teams were horrible and neither deserved to win.

The game further re-affirmed a few things to me today,

1. The Wests Tigers have the SOFTEST forward pack in the history of the NRL. The Raiders were there to be beaten today and were horrible defensively down the middle of the rucks. Only the Wests Tigers couldn't make the most of that!!!

2. Lincoln Withers isn't a halfbacks arsehole!!! Canberra supporters better hope that Todd Carney can really step up this year or they will be in for one long arse season with such ordinary options for halfbacks.

3. Nathan Smith cannot defend AT ALL!!! He somehow made Matthew Rieck look like an international superstar, Rieck scored two tries against Smiths defence and BOTH times should NEVER have scored. The defence was shameful!!!

4. Jason Smith looked actually really sharp at the start of the game, kept the Raiders together and was behind most plays that looked good.

5. If Canberra gets any sort of injuries to Schifcofske or Mogg they are in for a long season. These guys stood out so much playing with a very weak backline.

6. Hopefully for the Tiges Whatuira just had a bad game because he looked extremely ordinary.

Players that stood out were, Shifcofske, Mogg and Graham to a lesser extent. Pat Richards and Brett Hodgson and that's about it for the Tiges. Prince will definitely get better as the season goes on, but man that Tigers forward pack is even worse when you see them than they look on paper!!!

I have no idea how whomever posted earlier said he received text messages saying Skandalis and Lima were smashing them because that couldn't be further from the truth.

While Canberra won, as soon as the game was finished i went inside Wests Leagues and put a small $20 on the Raiders for the spoon.

Neither team deserved to win but there was some tries that could only be described as wierd, especially Smiths try that finally gave Canberra the lead.

Canberra received a penalty about 30 metres out from their own goaline, they kicked for touch and Rieck jumped for the ball and tried to hit it back into the field of play. Smith and i have to give him credit for his perserverance, had chased the ball from the moment it was kicked, caught Riecks hit back flying on the full and ran 40 metres untouched to get the lead :lol:

Twas only a trial but can't see too many teams bar maybe Souths or Manly that will be worried at all by the two teams on display today.

hrundi99

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
Big Mick said:
lmao

Where is Raiduh?

Making room in the old trophy cabinet for a wooden spoon...

If you're talking about Raider_69 he was actually out there at the game, supporting his team and enjoying the win.

hrundi99

First Grade
Duff said:
4. Jason Smith looked actually really sharp at the start of the game, kept the Raiders together and was behind most plays that looked good.

That's funny given that he wasn't playing.

Carney was playing in 6.

Latest posts