What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers VS Souths updates

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Its a trial, you guys were probably just trying out a few combo's....throwing the ball around. But we really needed at confidence booster.

t-ba

Post Whore
That's what the Trials are all about. I'm sure Sheens got something constructive out of the hit out, and thats really all you should be asking for at this time of year.

Langmack probably wishes the season started today though :lol:

rastus

Juniors
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
Dale.2. said:
We'll run away with it now :clap:

Good call :roll: You obviously know your stuff :lol:

they're just making sure that your coach doesn't get the sack this year

:lol: :lol: Must be doing the same in PL & JF :lol: :lol: :lol:

yep that gives all your sides zero points on the competition table ... congrats !

And that gives your "new look" side another loss against the rabbits ;-)

El Greco

Juniors
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
Dale.2. said:

yep that gives all your sides zero points on the competition table ... congrats !

Yeah but we just beat you girls...so does that mean that you're on negative points? Let's not get nancy about this girls....we wanted to win and so did you...we won and we're happy...you would have been happy too, except you aren't 'cause you lost. Winning well is part of the game. If you can't do that your season may be as unhappy as our's was last year....chillllllll.

vlad

juniors
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
Dale.2. said:

yep I'm off to the gap straight away :lol:

enjoy your masturbation session ... you deserve it .

rastus

Juniors
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
Dale.2. said:

Ouch man you really know to hurt a guy - such wit :lol: :lol: . Looks like a "wasted" year - so much for all the hype :D

vlad

juniors
El Greco said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
Dale.2. said:

Yeah but we just beat you girls...so does that mean that you're on negative points? Let's not get nancy about this girls....we wanted to win and so did you...we won and we're happy...you would have been happy too, except you aren't 'cause you lost. Winning well is part of the game. If you can't do that your season may be as unhappy as our's was last year....chillllllll.

actually we're on the same competition points . HTH . Enjoy the "win" .

vlad

juniors
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
vlad said:
rastus said:
Dale.2. said:

Ouch man you really know to hurt a guy - such wit :lol: :lol: . Looks like a "wasted" year - so much for all the hype :D

yep we're favourites for the spoon now . put your house on it , rastus .

scottie b

Juniors
Of course both sides wanted to win its the nature of competetive sport.

However, it was a trial and as the name suggests, both sides would've been trying alot of different combinations.

Our trial next week against Parramatta is our important game leading into the season purely because its the last hitout before the season commences and a final 17 will probably be selected. I'm not sure of Souths' plans but they are probably doing something similar.

Having said that, the Souths players I'm sure were extremely fired up after last weeks effort, or lack thereof, and the flak they have copping all week. Good luck to em' but it means nothing come the start of the season.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Gotta bit of info from the game, just some odd bits:
* Wilson played in the second string team!.
* Tigers looked good but execution let them down when it mattered most.
* Simon Greally has bulked up a fair bit this season.
* Just didnt get the ball wide enough, when we did, that was when we looked good,
* Souths won simply cuz they held the ball a little more than us.

No doubts we'll get a better quality insight into the game later.

godsuglychild

Juniors
i seen scott prince getting out of his car, and no idea how old the footage of him on the news was, but he was limping fairly bad and looked to be in some discomfit as he walked... i was at the game, till i was throw out for having a bottle of bourbon... and refused to give the security guard it

innsaneink

Referee
godsuglychild said:
i seen scott prince getting out of his car, and no idea how old the footage of him on the news was, but he was limping fairly bad and looked to be in some discomfit as he walked... i was at the game, till i was throw out for having a bottle of bourbon... and refused to give the security guard it
Yeah?....I saw Scott Prince as well walking up the steps of the stand to talk to Noyce. I hardly noticed a limp at all.
Bad news.......someone, I think Pat Richards was stretchered off just before fulltime.
I think we had that dick of a ref that was at Leichhardt last year for the Souths game. Souths looked enthusiastic....Wests Tigers looked like they hadnt played for three weeks.

I thought Nick Graham was our best, though all the guys looked ordinary.
Will be better for the run though. When the attack happened it looked good but on a whole they were disjointed and both teams guilty of poor handling.

innsaneink

Referee
The jerseys are exactly the same as last year...just X-Blades brand.
The new sponsors logo is just a round blue logo on the front.....
only just make out the sleeve sponsor....therell be pics on the official
site tomorrow Im sure.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, I just got back from Gosford, thanks Pete for posting all my SMS, I hope the service was appreciated, it cost me a few dollars anyways.

The new sponsors look...well.....shit. It's a big blue circle in the middle of the jumper. Looks very crap.

Okay, the First grade game was not a great game to watch, it was a dour battle between the forwards really, ball security cost the tigers, souths were simple and couldn't have done much better.

Fletcher played up to shit, Craigie was bad mouthing Benji, Benji drilled him in a tackle and then Craigie went missing for the rest of the game.

Benji didn't make much impact as he was in the centres again. Most of the play was on the other side of the field that he was on. Hodgson was the goalkicker all night.

Richards I fear may have done his right knee, it was being cradled pretty well when he was being stretchered off.

All in all, a dismal night for the tigers.

Now I'm off to top up the credit on my phone and recharge the battery.