What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman To Knights

hardbaby

Coach
Yep and good luck to him. Now, who is his replacement? We are two pieces short. But they are f**king important pieces.

TheRev

Coach
Hello anyone ?
Personally i hope he stays. Yep injury prone but a good leader with experience. Something we seriously lack up front.
I think we have too many 'depth players', if the figures of 400k are serious, definitely time to go, if hes interested in 100-150k thats more what I think he is worth for the minutes he puts on the field.

I think we have too many 'depth players', if the figures of 400k are serious, definitely time to go, if hes interested in 100-150k thats more what I think he is worth for the minutes he puts on the field.

Strange though, Bennett never wants to pay that much for props, does he? Wasn't that why Ryles was let go?

Mattc

Juniors
Maybe it's length of contract, rather than the amount??
If Newcastle was offering 3 years, would we offer same?
At this stage if his career he may be looking for security.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Funny..he's one of the few forwards who adds some grunt and aggression to the pack and we want to get rid of him. There are a couple of other forwards who should be let go before Weyman

Minh

First Grade
The 2009 version of Weyman before the serious niggling injuries struck would be worth the reported 300-400k per season but not now.

TruSaint

Referee
I think Mattc hit it on the head.
This will be Horses last contract.
Im in 2 minds here, i really like his heart but understand the cap.

TruSaint

Referee
The 2009 version of Weyman before the serious niggling injuries struck would be worth the reported 300-400k per season but not now.

Agree Minh.
Not 400, but surely he still bring something to the table.
Like the man and his heart.
Apart from being a good footy player , he is one decent human being having met him twice.

st.phil

Bench
His energy and attitude are great but unfortunately he is now getting dominated in tackles and playing less and less minutes. Hate to say it but if I had to chose between stockwell and weyman right now I'd go stockwell

TruSaint

Referee
Thats why i could never run a club.
Too emotional and passionate about players like Horse, Barto etc.
Time will tell.

FNC Dragon

Juniors
Tough decision really. A change in the team roster is needed but it makes sense to leave a few experienced heads in there to lead. We re-signed a couple of experienced forwards but time will tell if we've made the right call...

I love horse, will never forget THAT try against Manly and his Anzac Day heroics last year, and what he brings to the team off field is invaluable. But injuries haven't been kind to him recently.

Once again, tough call...

Minh

First Grade
Agree Minh.
Not 400, but surely he still bring something to the table.
Like the man and his heart.
Apart from being a good footy player , he is one decent human being having met him twice.

wouldn't doubt it at all, he seems a jolly humble kind of bloke.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I know he's going to play in the ESL, but today showed why the Dragons didn't offer him s contract for next year - he was tired after less than 5 minutes.

jenninga

First Grade
I know he's going to play in the ESL, but today showed why the Dragons didn't offer him s contract for next year - he was tired after less than 5 minutes.

We got the best out of the big guy and since his injury his leg strength has never been the same,wish him the best for the future.