What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weyman's form.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Good & bad things to say. 90% good.

What a great player he's turned into. Every hitups, every tackle is pure quality. I'll make a big call here (or perhaps my memory is sh*t), but I'll say that Weyman has been the club's best purchase since the JV began. Handles Origin just as well as he does a club game.

He used to have the temper of a geniused monkey with haemmeroids. Now he's got that sh*t completely out of his game. Thaiday (I think) got him with a grapple tackle & a forearm in the throat, but he didn't react to it in the slightest. A testimont to Bennett's ability to bring out the best in players.

One thing that he does that sh*ts me whoever, is his use of the forearm in tackles. There's no malice in it, & it's his way of stopping defenders from getting a good grab on him. But time & again & creeps up to the defenders throat. Sooner or later he's gonna get pinged for it, & having been suspended for a week already for the same offence, next time he gonna get raped by the judiciary.

<3 Weyman. xxoo.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
good post , although now with injuries in this key area , his temprament and class will really have to shine through

TheRev

Coach
yep good post, he has been really good with very few injuries and I dont think he has the aggressive domination/fend of a Craig Smith (mentioned above), but he is a real tradesman out there, solid hitups, heaps of offloads.

And yes last night, deadset he was getting hit around the head every time he did a hit-up, forearm to the throat, and the ref didnt mention it once!

Bluddy Thaiaday though, he was taking his job a bit seriously in protecting Lockyer, I think it was Creagh still in the process of tackling Lockyer, and Thaiday is in there trying to pull him off.

dclayw

Juniors
One thing that he does that sh*ts me whoever, is his use of the forearm in tackles. There's no malice in it, & it's his way of stopping defenders from getting a good grab on him. But time & again & creeps up to the defenders throat. Sooner or later he's gonna get pinged for it, & having been suspended for a week already for the same offence, next time he gonna get raped by the judiciary.
Yeah he needs to find a way to get it out of his game. Could be difficult to do as I think it's just his natural way of playing, like some people have a particular running style. Needs to get rid of it though, he's sailing very close to the wind sometimes and I cringed a couple of times during that SOO.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Gets better every week and his ability to move laterally in defense is also surprising
He's also a very good clubman, loves Bennett and was supportive getting younger players to re-sign

I'd still like to see him throw a few punches, just for fun. But don't get suspended for it please. Maybe if someone hits him first that'd be ok.

Saintsman

Juniors
I agree with OP by saying he could be one of our best purchases since the JV. Makes 100 metres almost every game - made 92 for NSW last night on a wet and muddy pitch.

RedVDave

First Grade
Weyman was an injury/suspension prone hothead when he was at Canberra and it a matter of months Bennett turned him into a SOO player incredible stuff, definetley in the top 5 props in the game at the moment.

j0nesy

Bench
Weyman was an injury/suspension prone hothead when he was at Canberra and it a matter of months Bennett turned him into a SOO player incredible stuff, definetley in the top 5 props in the game at the moment.

He was also over weight at ~120kg. Now he looks quite fit. What about the linebreak tonight? He made one the other week as well. Speed to burn :lol:

MattYg1

Bench
Hahaha not to mention that incredible dummy half run in the second half... In think he revealed a little hidden talent haha...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
He's probably the best front-rower in the game running around at the moment IMO. Last year he was great this year he has picked up more speed and fitness. He's improved significantly in defense as well, last year he had a tendency to drop off tackles easily when fatigued, this year he works through it much better.

konk4

Juniors
Weyman was a great purchase for the club. An average firstgrader into an Origin and Test player. But the best purchase since the JV was Wayne Bennett.

How good is it to see Justin Poore go from an Origin player to a bench player. Hope the few extra bucks were worth it Poore.