What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a win

Matchball

Bench
Anasta, Rowe and Lawrence have to be facing the Axe soon. Too much young talent coming through, these wastes of space ruining what could potentially be a highly successful year for the Tigers. These players lack the offensive finesse and the defensive strength that Premiership winners possess.

Lawrence was good today. Strong runs and defence.
Those other two were very ordinary.

macnaz

Staff member
Rowe honestly has ZERO !! Cant f**king step , wont run the ball back with any commitment , doesnt display anything to suggest he has any great pace , is always out of position , never seems to be backing up any line breaks and he last but least he is a softcock in defence... I think ive covered it ?

Matchball

Bench
Rowe honestly has ZERO !! Cant f**king step , wont run the ball back with any commitment , doesnt display anything to suggest he has any great pace , is always out of position , never seems to be backing up any line breaks and he last but least he is a softcock in defence... I think ive covered it ?

I dare say it. Worse than Moltzen and I'd prefer Moltzen.

Tiger05

First Grade
Woods ..man of the match! , not sure he would be my pick . Maybe Akouala for mine, he had a blinder .

Woods was nowhere near it. If anything he was a concern because he was far from our best forward and is probably getting paid big dollars.

macnaz

Staff member
In the past the white towel would have come out before half time. Parra probably should have won, but to hang in and win without Farah,Teddy,Gavet,Sirro,Moltzen,Sue and others was a massive effort. If we ever get anywhere near full strength we are going to be a very good side

I must admit at times I was just waiting for flood gates to open , we are slowing changing that old mentality which is awesome.

Anyone who has seen much of Rowe would agree he should never have been picked in the first place.
Two of the most nuftie inept nothing games Ive ever seen a player play.
Almost as out of his depth as Waters in his one game a couple of years ago.

macnaz

Staff member
In the past the white towel would have come out before half time. Parra probably should have won, but to hang in and win without Farah,Teddy,Gavet,Sirro,Moltzen,Sue and others was a massive effort. If we ever get anywhere near full strength we are going to be a very good side

I must admit at times I was just waiting for flood gates to open , we are slowly changing that old mentality which is awesome.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Pretty much sums it up.

macnaz

Staff member
Anyone who has seen much of Rowe would agree he should never have been picked in the first place.
Two of the most nuftie inept nothing games Ive ever seen a player play.
Almost as out of his depth as Waters in his one game a couple of years ago.

Apparently scored 26 tries in 12 games last year .. no idea how the f@$ k he managed that ??

Eelementary

Post Whore
What a game.

I am disappointed we lost, but proud of the effort. It was a nail-biter and match of the season so far IMO.

Well done and good luck for 2014.

macnaz

Staff member
What a game.

I am disappointed we lost, but proud of the effort. It was a nail-biter and match of the season so far IMO.

Well done and good luck for 2014.

It was fitting a massive crowd like that witnessed a close exciting game .

magpie guy

Juniors
I think we were lucky to get away with it tbh. Ecstatic that we did...but a lucky escape especially with the Eels disallowed try. Forwards did a great job including Blair and Thompson but it was individual efforts from Richards, Brooks and Austin that got us over the line. Richard's kicking in particular won us the game.

We lacked a bit of direction without Farah but a gutsy effort none-the-less. I think Austin has showed that he offers far more than Anasta and should be taking the field ahead of him. I could be wrong but it looked like Austin was the one to call for the late penalty goal in order to soak up time and guarantee the ball back. If so, that was a clever play and fantastic to see the way they closed out the game. In seasons past we would have found a way to lose that in the final minutes.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It's great that two of the dud teams from last year have got it together and are playing so well this year. It also shows that league fans don't need to be told when a quality game is on - they know and will turn up.

Apparently scored 26 tries in 12 games last year .. no idea how the f@$ k he managed that ??

Scored 40 odd in two years in NYC. Sound familiar? Just like Mullaney and plenty of others who go at a try a game but fail to make the grade against opposition wih structured and disciplined defence.

Can find a tryline in juniors but lacking in EVERY area of his game.

gronkathon

First Grade
Luani's service was ok.

Just lacked the confidence to engage the line.

Austin is not a 80 minute hooker and Luani can play back row so the rotation works