What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a win

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
A thing I really like about this years side, as seen yesterday, is their will to win at all costs.

When Radradra went in for his last try, Taupau foolishly gave up chasing allowing the winger to improve on his position. Straight away, Seumanufagai and Thompson came over and blew up at him, before hugging him and slapping him on the ass. Taupau looked filthy with himself, these players truly care about the team, unlike plodders we have had in the past. It is this will to win that wins premierships.

On another note, within the first few minutes of yesterdays game I was scathing of Curtis Rowe. I feel sorry for the bloke, he is absolutely out of his depth. He does nothing right. f**k him off before we regret it. I was convinced we were better off with 12 men than with that liability.

All in all, gutsy performance from the boys. Never been more happy after a win in years, but boy do we have things to work on.

The Rosco

Bench
That's it, mate.

And the crowd was deadest 50-50 - I was there, and I couldn't tell whether the roar for the Eels scoring or the Tigers scoring was louder.

Eels fans were quiet during the chants, which was disappointing, but overall, the crowd was red hot and should be congratulated. Fifty thousand - for a regular season game?

And what a game it was. A brilliant match IMO. Best I have seen in 2014.

:clap:

And that Luke Brooks...he's something special.

. . . Well in, Eelementary.
I'd say that the crowd was definitely in your favour. I simply couldn't believe the amount of Parra jerseys !. ( A strong mothball smell too, mind you . .:lol: )
'Twas a good game indeed. And a pleasure spinning footy bullshit with heaps of Parra fans in the long walk to the train.
I feel sorry for decent fans like yourself for having to put up with some of the forum idiots.
Anyway, enjoy your teams success this year !!

mepelthwack

Juniors
Elementary has been pretty gracious like most of the eels fans I came into contact with after the game.

One guy whined a little about Brooks supposed dive but I can't blame his anguish, emotion or fault his passion. Still, they scored straight after anyway which makes up for it either way.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm obviously disappointed we lost - especially considering I thought we played well enough to win.

But full credit to the Tigers for hanging on and taking their opportunities with both hands.

When it was 18-14 with 10 to go, I'll admit I thought we wouldn't score again, but we did.

It's been a long, long time since I could honestly say I am proud of my team and was entertained despite a loss.

And it is great to see the Tigers doing well - you play an exciting brand of footy.

Also, how good is it to see Pat Richards in fine form? Champion player.

lingard

Coach
I'm a Parramatta fan. I actually thought we would flog you guys. How wrong I was. The Tigers were lucky, there's no doubt about that. But, man, did I underestimate them. Without Tedesco and Fulton and Farrah, I thought it would be easy. But Mick Potter seems to have the team playing very well. The defence was absolutely awesome. Parramatta have a few points in them these days, and yet a combination of great defence and astute kicking kept us in our own territory for long periods of time. And then, like a counter-punching boxer - the Tigers swooped on our mistakes (which were probably brought about by the great defence, anyway.)
Don't get me wrong, I reckon we should have won the game - but I'm not looking forward to the return match if you have Tedesco and Farrah back. And, as Eelementary said, that Brookes is something special.
With all the shocking injuries of the last couple of years, you guys are due a bit of luck. So, good luck for the rest of the year.

The Rosco

Bench
I'm a Parramatta fan. I actually thought we would flog you guys. How wrong I was. The Tigers were lucky, there's no doubt about that. But, man, did I underestimate them. Without Tedesco and Fulton and Farrah, I thought it would be easy. But Mick Potter seems to have the team playing very well. The defence was absolutely awesome. Parramatta have a few points in them these days, and yet a combination of great defence and astute kicking kept us in our own territory for long periods of time. And then, like a counter-punching boxer - the Tigers swooped on our mistakes (which were probably brought about by the great defence, anyway.)
Don't get me wrong, I reckon we should have won the game - but I'm not looking forward to the return match if you have Tedesco and Farrah back. And, as Eelementary said, that Brookes is something special.
With all the shocking injuries of the last couple of years, you guys are due a bit of luck. So, good luck for the rest of the year.

Fair call Lingard. And thanks for your honesty !
I watched the replay today and while Farah would have made a huge difference . . . we created enough offloads to put Tedesco into fresh air on several occasions.
A big game and a big crowd . . . and very well behaved. I guess we share the commonality of being crap last year.
It's great to see us both performing well after 2013 results. I don't care for the merge to be included in our lil love-fest. We'll just keep it as the resurgence of the "west". ;-)