What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a win

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think luanis getting some unfair criticism. He was awesome in defence in the first 30 or so mins and did a decent job in attack. I also thought he went well when he came back on and played as a running forward in the middle third. He got caught out a few times with not being at dummy half in time but it was a bloody quick game today. Other then that he was fine.

Austin was great but it's a lot easier to come on after 33 minutes and make inroads against tired forwards then it is from the start. Plus Austin is just a natural footy player with a great head on his shoulders, I can't wait until he is our full time 6

Would the fullback in the NSW cup be better than Rowe? He had a good game. I said all along I would put. Nofo at fullback and Koro on the wing.
As for #9 I think Mariah Cherrington is the best in the club behind Robbie and should be in the top grade when Robbie is out.

But R2Goose said he's better than Tedesco!

Every body is entitled to an opinion ,the only thing I can see that Rowe maybe better than Tedesco at is impersonating Moltzen. I would prefer Keith Galloway at fullback than that pitch invader we have at the back at the moment.:sarcasm:...:lol:

As an old Balmain fan that win was reminiscent of some the gutsy performances under Wayne Pearce. Back then our entire attack revolved around Michael Gillet and invariably we scored tries from intercepts, bombs and other moments of good fortune. Each and every win was based on commitment rather than skill.

gronkathon

First Grade
I don't know the answer for Rowe.

Abou-Sleiman was quality on the weekend.

Simona apparently has bulked up a bit and lost the motor for a full game at fullback. Can fill in there but not play 80

As delighted as I am about the win, I'm concerned that Potter won't change a winning side and will stick with Rogaine and Anasta. Rowe reminds me a lot of Mullaney, a guy who thrived in the juniors but lacks the physicality and the awareness to make it in the top grade. While Anasta was a handy player in 2004, 10 years on he is the most ungainly footballer in the comp. I never thought we'd find a guy less suited to the halves than John Morris but we have in Anasta. His only attribute is the towering bomb.

Would the fullback in the NSW cup be better than Rowe? He had a good game. I said all along I would put. Nofo at fullback and Koro on the wing.
As for #9 I think Mariah Cherrington is the best in the club behind Robbie and should be in the top grade when Robbie is out.

Maniah needs plenty of work in the gym. Like maybe two summers.
But he is the natural successor at this stage.
Nowhere near ready though.
Nor next season.

Luani goes ok. Austin surprisingly good relief too.

Das Hassler

Bench
Some of the parra folks sure see things funny...."we played the better game"...what i thought i saw was that even without Farah we still pulled them apart up the middle and as far as us having luck goes..sure but we also had the bad luck of not having Farah tedesco and Fulton out there...such is life.
Some stats-
Meters....Parra 1393 Tigers 1573
Offloads Parra 14 Tigers 16
Errors Parra 13 Tigers 9

That's what i thought i saw...

gronkathon

First Grade
Those stats certainly paint a picture.

Our mixed up spine meant we didn't convert a lot of opportunities created

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was fitting a massive crowd like that witnessed a close exciting game .

That's it, mate.

And the crowd was deadest 50-50 - I was there, and I couldn't tell whether the roar for the Eels scoring or the Tigers scoring was louder.

Eels fans were quiet during the chants, which was disappointing, but overall, the crowd was red hot and should be congratulated. Fifty thousand - for a regular season game?

And what a game it was. A brilliant match IMO. Best I have seen in 2014.

:clap:

And that Luke Brooks...he's something special.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Some of the parra folks sure see things funny...."we played the better game"...what i thought i saw was that even without Farah we still pulled them apart up the middle and as far as us having luck goes..sure but we also had the bad luck of not having Farah tedesco and Fulton out there...such is life.
Some stats-
Meters....Parra 1393 Tigers 1573
Offloads Parra 14 Tigers 16
Errors Parra 13 Tigers 9

That's what i thought i saw...

I think there is a point to be made either way.

For instance, we scored four tries to your three (and we stupidly gifted you two of those).

I do believed we were a little better overall, but that's football - I believe the Roosters were better last week and we took home the points.

One thing is for sure - both teams went out and played some great, entertaining football.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
That was a gutsy win - the type we never ever saw in the past.

I must say, Austin made a huge difference off the bench. But he can't play at 9 for long minutes. Anasta is an issue. He's a good defender but simply offers zero in attack.

Rowe is not ready. His kick returns are diabolical. Ok, he did make one very good cover tackle in the second half but otherwise he was very ordinary.

Das Hassler

Bench
I think there is a point to be made either way.

For instance, we scored four tries to your three (and we stupidly gifted you two of those).

I do believed we were a little better overall, but that's football - I believe the Roosters were better last week and we took home the points.

One thing is for sure - both teams went out and played some great, entertaining football.

Could you imagine a full strength Tigers Parra GF....a promotors dream. Good luck the rest of the season..hope you're there in September as well

Eelementary

Post Whore
Could you imagine a full strength Tigers Parra GF....a promotors dream. Good luck the rest of the season..hope you're there in September as well

That would be an amazing sight, and would so wonders for the code in Sydney's west!

I've no doubt the Tigers will be there come September - you're a great young side.

And thanks!

BrotherJim05

Bench
Once we get everyone back, and provided there are no more serious injuries, we will be very serious contenders. A first choice team would look something like:

Based on Austin's form he deserves the 6 jersey once Farah comes back. Austin and Brooks will kill it together, and then when we get Teddy back our spine is complete.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Yes I do agree that the team needs a bit of a tinker but would I change anything FAAARRRKK NO! You don't change a winning formula. We are 5-2 not 2-5. With all the injuries we have that was a great win.

gronkathon

First Grade
BMM should slot straight in for Gavet.

Said for years he should be played at prop and he is proving it this season in NSW Cup

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its time! It's Murdoch-Masila Time!

He's going to rip it up this week if he gets a call up to the NRL side and he'll be damn hard to drop (with any luck).