What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are we going to talk about this off season!!!

Steel Dragon

Bench
support the NFL Saints !

Hells yeah! 4-0 start, come on Nawlins!

And muzby - it wouldn't kill people to brush up on the difference between "their," "they're" and "there."
And for the love of god, never under any circumstance revert to the devil's English! ie: "Kewl C U L8R!"

Doug2234

First Grade
support the NFL Saints !

Whos the NFL Saints??? North Florida Lower Saints???

o u meant New Orleans Saints :D

New-Orleans-Saints.jpg

saint_girl

Juniors
Yep, but that's pretty much the only input I've had

Welcome to married life Godz. That's how it will be forever. :sarcasm:

As for me, my off season will be a long drawn out one until the end of January, when i welcome to the world my first ever child and another Saints supporter :D

big pat

Coach
Welcome to married life Godz. That's how it will be forever. :sarcasm:

As for me, my off season will be a long drawn out one until the end of January, when i welcome to the world my first ever child and another Saints supporter :D

my niece little boy is one year old in dec, and she took him to the games, he looked so cute in his st george gear, make sure you let us know.

sting

Bench
It is still getting bigger at an increasing rate, love it but i dunno if it will be bigger than boxing in the near future

i'd probably say no...

Why do you say that?

cause it doesn't have the same appeal.

people would rather see spectacular knockout punches than 2 guys grappling on the ground. i know they may be great fighters and athletes, but the technical side of it is just plain boring to most people. i'm sure the martial arts enthusiasts lap it up, but no one else would.

it will never capture the market of casual fight fans cause it's not as exciting

boxa777

Coach
Some UFC is ok but it will never ever reach the level of boxing..

For every knock out in the UFC, there are about 15 bouts of grappling on the ground which with 5 minute rounds, get's quite f**kin tedious to watch. Even the third aspect of UFC - jujitsu gets tiresome to watch after a while.

Boxing is a science and behind rugby league, is the best sport to watch and participate in.

NFL a close third.

_snafu_

Immortal
Some UFC is ok but it will never ever reach the level of boxing..

For every knock out in the UFC, there are about 15 bouts of grappling on the ground which with 5 minute rounds, get's quite f**kin tedious to watch. Even the third aspect of UFC - jujitsu gets tiresome to watch after a while.

Boxing is a science and behind rugby league, is the best sport to watch and participate in.

NFL a close third.

I actually prefer watching UFC/MMA over boxing because in order to be successful in UFC/MMA it requires mastery of a lot of skills over and above that found in boxing.

Although I laugh at fans of boxing putting down UFC/MMA and vice versa. They are totally different sports. I would have no doubt that a UFC/MMA fighter would lose against a boxer in a boxing match, but I also think that a UFC/MMA fighter would take down a boxer in short time in the octagon.

RedVDave

First Grade
Last year I started a WWE thread that lasted all but 6 hours lol, so I will leave the topic of discussion to somebody else this year.

mate, i'm going to try and NOT think about footy as much as i can, hopefully time flies by!!!

also looking forward to getting some sun this summer!!!!

I actually prefer watching UFC/MMA over boxing because in order to be successful in UFC/MMA it requires mastery of a lot of skills over and above that found in boxing.

Although I laugh at fans of boxing putting down UFC/MMA and vice versa. They are totally different sports. I would have no doubt that a UFC/MMA fighter would lose against a boxer in a boxing match, but I also think that a UFC/MMA fighter would take down a boxer in short time in the octagon.

I been doing Muay thai training for the last year or so, and i'll tell you now anyone that can kick can take out the worlds greatest boxing champions!