What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you eating right now?

What did you end up having off the menu ?
Meat lovers, the pear salad, garlic bread, cappuccino ice cream cake and other things.

Red wine, coke and water.

The staff were so nice. Real Italians. Some people outside had a labra poodle thing but it was well behaved.

We talked careers, a music quiz and those back from on the cruise missed 3 ports. Cunard at first offered $100 but then slashed 50% off their next cruise as a sorry.

The ships hull was too dirty for the nz govt.

After a vote, the meal panel decided they should bite their tongues and take advantage of a half price cruise later in the year.

The food was good not sublime, but the well humoured and polite staff, made up for it easily. Singing softly at times during the service.

Then we did the plates and cutlery, stacked neatly, wiped the table down for them which brought nice smiles.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Meat lovers, the pear salad, garlic bread, cappuccino ice cream cake and other things.

Red wine, coke and water.

The staff were so nice. Real Italians. Some people outside had a labra poodle thing but it was well behaved.

We talked careers, a music quiz and those back from on the cruise missed 3 ports. Cunard at first offered $100 but then slashed 50% off their next cruise as a sorry.

The ships hull was too dirty for the nz govt.

After a vote, the meal panel decided they should bite their tongues and take advantage of a half price cruise later in the year.

The food was good not sublime, but the well humoured and polite staff, made up for it easily. Singing softly at times during the service.

Then we did the plates and cutlery, stacked neatly, wiped the table down for them which brought nice smiles.

I love when you see a pear salad on the menu, they can be so refreshing.

Have a couple of favourite Italian pizza places we like going to of late, one opened in Newtown called Little Italy about 6 months ago, have been quite a few times because its nice and close to home, , the octopus and arancini entrees are excellent and have had a few different pizzas from there ,all great, the last we had was a four seasons where you get to pick want four toppings you want, i picked artichoke, zucchini , mushroom and Italian sausage.

20230122_200509_resized.jpg

Another spot we like is called Anchor at Kirribilli, a nice little spot tucked away under a high rise office/ unit block. often go there after drinks at the nearby Kirribilli club, no corkage on BYO wine which is fantastic and plenty of great entree and pizza options, haven't tried any of their pastas yet. Usually given a shot of Limencello or something similar when finishing your meal which is a nice touch, service is always top notch to.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just been to a beginners croquet afternoon sponsored by the inner west council and they put on an old fashioned spread of cucumber sandwiches, coronation chicken sandwiches and the good old fashioned egg sandwiches, plus home made fruit cake and tea , coffee and cordial. Have to say i enjoyed the egg sandwiches and also the coronation chicken ones and the croquet was a bit of a hoot also.

Just been to a beginners croquet afternoon sponsored by the inner west council and they put on an old fashioned spread of cucumber sandwiches, coronation chicken sandwiches and the good old fashioned egg sandwiches, plus home made fruit cake and tea , coffee and cordial. Have to say i enjoyed the egg sandwiches and also the coronation chicken ones and the croquet was a bit of a hoot also.
I want your life.

I had a long work day which is still going, just some mopping up at the office.

I have some Chinese friends, they can get basic ingredients a simple dish of rice, corn, peas and prawns and with sauces, somehow turn it into a banquet.

I’m still a bit sad about Burt, we were only just praising him a few weeks ago.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I want your life.

I had a long work day which is still going, just some mopping up at the office.

I have some Chinese friends, they can get basic ingredients a simple dish of rice, corn, peas and prawns and with sauces, somehow turn it into a banquet.

I’m still a bit sad about Burt, we were only just praising him a few weeks ago.

If its any consolation i have a full week at work starting tomorrow but going have a couple of weeks off after that, just heating up some left over spag bol from the freezer for an easy dinner tonight.
After having a nice weekend down the south coast and then the croquet afternoon today and i'm am going to work less this year and have more time to enjoy life while i still can ( i had already decided that last year when i knew i had a significant birthday coming up early this year) and the weekend away and fun day today just confirmed i have to do it.

If its any consolation i have a full week at work starting tomorrow but going have a couple of weeks off after that, just heating up some left over spag bol from the freezer for an easy dinner tonight.
After having a nice weekend down the south coast and then the croquet afternoon today and i'm am going to work less this year and have more time to enjoy life while i still can ( i had already decided that last year when i knew i had a significant birthday coming up early this year) and the weekend away and fun day today just confirmed i have to do it.
Cheers.

I was just listening to “anyone who had a heart” which Elvis Costello said was beyond sad almost unsingable.

The 1960’s production is otherworldly.

“ Alfie” was Burt’s favourite song.

Dionne is taking it like a man. What a voice, it’s to kill for.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Cheers.

I was just listening to “anyone who had a heart” which Elvis Costello said was beyond sad almost unsingable.

Dionne version is timeless but i love what Olivia did with her version of the song Anyone Who Had a Heart.

Also have a version of Olivia singing Alfie but Dionne is the classic version.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Cheers.

Just found the bit where Elvis Costello said that in you tube, it was a 60 minutes archive segment.

Dionne version is timeless but i love what Olivia did with her version of the song Anyone Who Had a Heart.

Also have a version of Olivia singing Alfie but Dionne is the classic version.

Amazing.

Unique.

Olivia has the voice of an angel.

She sings it the right way with passion and feeling. Hal David, incredible lyricist.

How many time signatures is Burt working to?!!

Someone2

Juniors
Did they stop making Sargents meat pies? Havn’t been able to find them for years

they the only meat pies I like have been eating them for 20years

horrie hastings

First Grade
Did they stop making Sargents meat pies? Havn’t been able to find them for years

Woolworths stopped stocking them ages ago, not sure whether they have stopped producing them altogether.
Haven't had a frozen Sargents pies in at least 8-10 years, they were ok but nothing like the ones you used to get from their factory when it was in Burton St Darlinghurst back in late 60's early 70's before it closed there, those pies were just yummmmo back then.

morton's beanie

Juniors

Sargents chicken and veg was good! Turn into a dinner with some mash, frozen veg mix and instant gravy. Tomato sauce still on the pie.