What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you eating right now?

Just had myself some shallow fried flathead tails dusted in plain flour and lemon pepper accompanied by roast halved baby potatoes seasoned with Vegeta and a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Ahhh heaven!

With one drawback..... I was considering taking out a personal loan for the flathead - at $58 per f**king kilo!

Soon I'll finish up with a huge bowl of Bulla Premium vanilla ice cream covered in Ice Magic.

Yummo!

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just had myself some shallow fried flathead tails dusted in plain flour and lemon pepper accompanied by roast halved baby potatoes seasoned with Vegeta and a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese. Ahhh heaven!

With one drawback..... I was considering taking out a personal loan for the flathead - at $58 per f**king kilo!

Soon I'll finish up with a huge bowl of Bulla Premium vanilla ice cream covered in Ice Magic.

Yummo!
Come fishing with me at some time ( that is when i start fishing again ) I can pull out a few flathead on a frozen packet of prawns for $4 to $6, even better with some fresh pink nippers ( yabbies ). The one thing i cannot do well is fillet a flathead though, many a time i have caught some nice dusky flathead but have cooked them whole complete with all the bones because i'm hopeless at filleting.

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
beef rissoles with fried onions
washed down with captain morgan rum and coke
i'm so full i can hardly move :lol

OVP

Coach
Come fishing with me at some time ( that is when i start fishing again ) I can pull out a few flathead on a frozen packet of prawns for $4 to $6, even better with some fresh pink nippers ( yabbies ). The one thing i cannot do well is fillet a flathead though, many a time i have caught some nice dusky flathead but have cooked them whole complete with all the bones because i'm hopeless at filleting.
i like leather jackets
these used to be cheap but not anymore
just roll them in flour and fry lightly
so sweet, but i tend to put spice in the flour mix too

horrie hastings

First Grade
i like leather jackets

I love fishing for leather jackets, sometimes they can be so easy to catch and other times so frustrating but really can't get much better having a fresh feed of them after a days fishing.
Yes i agree about the price of them going through the roof, i was at Maroubra Junction today and the fish shop there had some beautiful big ocean jackets but they were $22 a kilo, most places now you rarely see them under $15 a kilo apart from an Asian fish shop I sometimes go to in Marrickville where they still have them for $10-$12 a kilo.
Looks like it's time for me to start fishing for them again, have some mussels that were cracked when I bought them in the freezer as bait and also some scrappy bits of cuttlefish.

OVP

Coach
I love fishing for leather jackets, sometimes they can be so easy to catch and other times so frustrating but really can't get much better having a fresh feed of them after a days fishing.
Yes i agree about the price of them going through the roof, i was at Maroubra Junction today and the fish shop there had some beautiful big ocean jackets but they were $22 a kilo, most places now you rarely see them under $15 a kilo apart from an Asian fish shop I sometimes go to in Marrickville where they still have them for $10-$12 a kilo.
Looks like it's time for me to start fishing for them again, have some mussels that were cracked when I bought them in the freezer as bait and also some scrappy bits of cuttlefish.
i found this garlic prawn seasoning in a fruit shop at southpoint, hillsdale would you believe lol. Was superb on leather jackets. I've heard they swim near the georges river bridge

horrie hastings

First Grade
i like leather jackets
Even though i love catching a nice bream or flathead nothing beats a day of dangling the hand line off a wharf with some prawns and mussels and catching a few leatherjackets, just so relaxing and a good feed, i really need to get back to fishing.

Below is one of my favourite fishing spots, not hard to work out why, even if you don't catch anything there (which is rare ) it is such a relaxing spot, besides many leatherjackets i have caught there i have also caught bream, flathead, whiting, trevally, keeper size snapper, red morwong, banded morwong, goat fish plus lots of other bits and pieces, saw a nice mulloway caught there during the day once also.

14132769_k3UYvtN2LfAVlc5F6h8EyoGBdY7aHFMLLNkYiMcLT08.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
i found this garlic prawn seasoning in a fruit shop at southpoint, hillsdale would you believe lol. Was superb on leather jackets. I've heard they swim near the georges river bridge

Lol, almost went to Southpoint today but had to go to Randwick after Maroubra Junction today to pick something up. The fruit shop there in Southpoint has lots of interesting deli and condiment stuff . Also interesting is the guy who used to have the fish shop at Marrickville Metro is running the one in Southpoint, he recognised me last time i was there.

Most wharves in the harbour house leatherjackets, also spots in Botany Bay and Georges River have them and also Port Hacking, really its a great relaxing ( sometimes frustrating ) day just off a wharf with a hand line and a packet of prawns and a few leatherjackets as a bonus of that.

OVP

Coach
Lol, almost went to Southpoint today but had to go to Randwick after Maroubra Junction today to pick something up. The fruit shop there in Southpoint has lots of interesting deli and condiment stuff . Also interesting is the guy who used to have the fish shop at Marrickville Metro is running the one in Southpoint, he recognised me last time i was there.

Most wharves in the harbour house leatherjackets, also spots in Botany Bay and Georges River have them and also Port Hacking, really its a great relaxing ( sometimes frustrating ) day just off a wharf with a hand line and a packet of prawns and a few leatherjackets as a bonus of that.
not wrong about that fruit shop, the spices there are amazing and my sis was living at marrickville, near the library but moved to redfern. Marrickville has some great food stuffs as well. so much to choose, so little money hahaha

Latest posts