What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favourite rugby league images ?

blue bags

First Grade
bdfd51dfdc37b6221bdce324380c51fb

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...e/news-story/293799405702fc2649d8663695b46cb4
poor bubba, its going to be alright, dont worry, we,ll have fun soon

PARRA_FAN

Coach
+1
Warriors is everyone's 2nd favourite team now for this season.

I just hope fans are allowed back attending before the season ends because the fans should applaud them at the ground, regardless if theyre the away team, for sacrificing so much to keep the comp alive.

I just hope fans are allowed back attending before the season ends because the fans should applaud them at the ground, regardless if theyre the away team, for sacrificing so much to keep the comp alive.

Just on that. If the numbers of fans are to be limited later in the comp, I wonder if the clubs can just allow members only into the ground. Make those too lazy/cheap to sign up wishing they’d joined.

1589673666744.png

I once saw an interview in mid 90s and the pair were bantering. Playing it all down. Summons basically saying/admitting he was telling Norm Saints were thieving merkins LOL. Both true gentlemen of the game. Sticks just chuckled with a wry grin.

They might have the Immortals list but this pair will always be the Immortals.

The game has such a rich and storied history. It's times like these when we lose another piece that sometimes I think we all take it for granted that all these men laced on boots and fought tooth and nail.

It's a sad day too for me as these blokes are the ones I grew up with as legends my pop talked about and sometimes knew. Their stories are with us now. The members and fans that carry the torch now so that we can talk about it with our kids or grandkids.

^^^

It’s probably the most iconic photo in Australian Sport, without bias. And one thing I picked up on a while ago, which always amazes me - is how playing in mud like that for 80 minutes - their socks are still up. Most likely tapes of course.. but still.

RIP Mr Summons.

Definitely no bias. I have a Winfield Cup cap from SL war era with the Summons/Provan trophy emblazoned on it signed by these two legends. I regard it my most prized piece of memorabilia.