What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud

Juniors

Chris Cornell - Scream

Can I ask why? Cool that you dig it, I could never get into it.

4192S53H81L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

RedVDave

First Grade
Can I ask why? Cool that you dig it, I could never get into it.

Personally mate I thought it was a fantastic record! I can understand why it had it's critics but Chris Cornell has never lacked variety he tryed something different and although it was not his typical sound I still thought it was a great album and some very catchy and good tracks on there. he even played one of the songs from that album (scream) at the Sydney Opera House.

Spud

Juniors
Fair enough man, there are going to be a couple of Scream songs on his upcoming live album. Maybe they will grow on me in a different setting.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Blkout! - No justice No peace
Trapped Under Ice - Big Kiss Goodnight
Extortion - Loose Screws

Extortion are so f**king rad!!!!

Kong

Juniors
Machine Head - Unto the Locust

Only half way through the first listen but am really enjoying it.

Got the newest Opeth and had to choose between this^ and the new Mastadon, will get Locust next time.

Listened to a few Opeth tracks in the car on the way home, wasnt aware it was going to be another softer album. After getting to track 4 with out any death growl heard, I skipped through and heard some epic riffs but all clean vocals. Although the most recent cd I had previously was Deliverance, so I dont know if they have been heading this way for a while.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
this^^

f**king guitar heaven!

I love the way it was recorded, using simple techniques and equipment that gives it a live feel. After 33 years the album has aged magnificently and one never tires of listening to it. There is not one wasted track and the energy levels never wane.

'Little Dreamer' is a hidden gem.

Contrast this of course with the horrendous 'Balance' album of 1995 and one can see how far this band deteriorated in the Hagar years. Limp vocals accompanied by over-produced arrangements became the VH trademark by this point. It's remarkable that the album sold 2 million copies at the height of grunge, but I guess that's the power of the Hagar fanbase.

VH I through Diver Down have a special place in my collection, they were practically the soundtrack of my childhood.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
I love the way it was recorded, using simple techniques and equipment that gives it a live feel. After 33 years the album has aged magnificently and one never tires of listening to it. There is not one wasted track and the energy levels never wane.

'Little Dreamer' is a hidden gem.

Contrast this of course with the horrendous 'Balance' album of 1995 and one can see how far this band deteriorated in the Hagar years. Limp vocals accompanied by over-produced arrangements became the VH trademark by this point. It's remarkable that the album sold 2 million copies at the height of grunge, but I guess that's the power of the Hagar fanbase.

VH I through Diver Down have a special place in my collection, they were practically the soundtrack of my childhood.

Jamie's crying

Status
Not open for further replies.