What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been listening to a lot of Sabrina Claudio's Truth Is of late. My wife's brother is her keyboardist and got us VIP tickets to see them perform at the House of Blues in Vegas late last year. She's got a gorgeous voice.

I'm also listening to a lot of Hiromi Agatsuma's music while I'm writing. He blends traditional Japanese music with modern vibes to make a really cool sound. It's super helpful while I'm working on my novel set in a myth-infused version of Japan.

Company of Strangers (Daryl Braithwaite, James Blundell, James Reyne)

Daddy's Gonna Make You A Star, Motor City (I Get Lost) and a decent cover of The Beatles' Baby You're A Rich Man

Green River

Rehab Doll album. Come on Down / Dry As A Bone EPs.
Prior to Mudhoney / Pearl Jam... Mark Arm, Steve Turner, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard...grunge punk before grunge... if that makes sense. They've remastered their only album and EPs and man there's some good stuff there. When Pearl Jam etc were at their height, this was kinda mythic stuff as it didn't get much release here, so I believe.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.34.02 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.33.48 pm.png

horrie hastings

First Grade
Voulez-Vous -ABBA.

Voulez-Vous-Poster.jpg

Played this tonight, the deluxe version with the added tracks, the original album is a cracker with plenty of indications that ABBA could pull off disco tracks with both of the girls angelic voices, the added tracks fit in nicely, so much enjoyment listening to this and not a dud track anywhere.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Every Little Thing is such a gem. Barely remembered, never played. It was a decent enough hit on the ARIA Charts in 1990 and one of my favorite songs of that year.

i played the album to death back then then basically it has sat in the cabinet gathering dust since although i did put Every Little Thing on my IPOD, forgotten how good the album was till i played it again the other night.

I found this little snippet from chart beats.

Number 33 "Every Little Thing" by Jeff Lynne
Peak: number 31
It had certainly been a busy few years for Mr Lynne. As well as being one-fifth of The Traveling Wilburys, he'd co-produced albums for three of his band-mates (George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty) and also worked on his debut solo record, Armchair Theatre. Given how successful all those other projects had been and the fact that Electric Light Orchestra had been a pretty popular band in Australia in their time, it's a little surprising how little impact this ELO-esque lead single and the album itself had. It wasn't just in Australia that Jeff struggled - the album was almost universally ignored. Perhaps that omnipresence in the previous couple of years worked against him?

I went and saw A-Ha last night. Such an incredible band. They played Hunting High And Low right through, then all the singles. Best gig I've been to in a very long time. Rick Astley was the support. Had a good time with that too. Don't know where 34 years has gone though.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I went and saw A-Ha last night. Such an incredible band. They played Hunting High And Low right through, then all the singles. Best gig I've been to in a very long time. Rick Astley was the support. Had a good time with that too. Don't know where 34 years has gone though.

The Sun Always Shines On TV is my favourite song of theirs . Saw Rick Astley on the Project the other night, still looks good and sounded good too.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Went to a retro party at the Marrickville Bowling club last Sunday and even though i had lots of wine i remember dancing to these classics on the bowling green.

The Call Collected [3 discs]

Probably best remembered for Walls Came Down.

And their song I Still Believe being covered for The Lost Boys soundtrack.

Some great 1980's alternative rock. Should have probably got more recognition.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Rick Astley was the support. Had a good time with that too. Don't know where 34 years has gone though.

I thought of you last night, went to another retro party and they played a Rick Astley mega mix, there were a few songs of his I had forgotten about .

It was a strange night overall though, the first DJ was having trouble with the bass and treble and some of the songs sounded slightly sped up, the second DJ seemed to sort out the bass and treble problems but the music seemed sped up, Wham and George Michael, ABBA, Olivia sped up sounded strange, poor Agnetha and Olivia sounded almost like chipmunks with the pitch of songs and George Michael sounded like he had taken speed, mind you Madonna sounded better sped up and Kenny Loggins doing Footloose was fun to dance to faster. Just could not work out really what was happening though, the whole thing was out of whack speed wise.