What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
An extra on the extended Deluxe Voulez Vous album, originally recorded for the original Voulez Vous album but was dropped and sections of the song ended up being used in Does Your Mother Know.

A great song in its own right, love the video montage that goes with it also.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Waterloo album

81SNR7-pA4L._SL1500_.jpg

Was feeling a bit depressed and had to go the doctors this morning so put this album on in the car because i wanted to hear some songs with absolutely naff lyrics , besides the naff songs on there there are some absolute belters too but the naff songs in particular really cheered me up. Ended up playing the album twice while driving around.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
@horrie hastings

Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Waterloo is always a belter. SOS is my go to for cheering up.

Thanks Mad Hatter, yeah feeling a lot better now, still not a 100% but the visit to the doctor was productive and the outcome was a lot better than i thought, still for some reason i thought i just had to listen to the two above songs because of their total silliness which was a great escape.

Last edited:
The Psychedelic Furs Made of Rain

The Furs first album since 1991 (to put this in perspective, I was in Year 9 when the last album came out, and being a massive Furs fan, I didn't realise it would be the last for this long!!!).

There was a degree of trepidation. Sure, there was lead singer Richard Butler's other band - 90's Love Spit Love (they provided the cover song of The Smiths' How Soon Is Now? for The Craft and Charmed soundtracks), and his mid-00's solo album, and the nostalgia tours, which continued to bristle with post punk angst. And yes, there was a new song in 2000...but that was it.

So upon learning that 2020 was the year a new album hit, was exciting.

I avoided reviews. I bought the CD.

My oh my...how good it is! Furs fans don't actually deserve something this good!

From start to finish.

And yes, I'm going on a bit. But I love it. And I love my saxophone in pop / rock...and the Furs don't disappoint with sax played throughout. Atmospheric, aching...great return.

Fave songs so far...

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 2.22.01 pm.png

azzah72

Bench
Right now

No_Doubt_-_Tragic_Kingdom.png

Still a great album.

mongoose

Coach
whats with all the 80s music in this thread?

Working from home I've been going through quite a few Discogs this year... just recently listened to this one:

Always thought Evil Empire was the underrated one.

upload_2020-11-13_14-43-8.jpeg
upload_2020-11-13_14-43-18.jpeg
upload_2020-11-13_14-43-36.jpeg
upload_2020-11-13_14-44-11.jpeg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just played Balance of Power and Discovery by ELO and now have Thank You For The Music box set by ABBA playing in the car.
Just bought Kylie Minogue's new album so keen to play that, already like Say Something and Magic, the two singles released off it.

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Just played Balance of Power and Discovery by ELO and now have Thank You For The Music box set by ABBA playing in the car.
Just bought Kylie Minogue's new album so keen to play that, already like Say Somerhing and Magic, the two singles released off it.
I’m a sucker for her old stuff, I got to be certain lol