What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Jack Ladder is another Sydney act worth checking out. His 2014 album Playmates is exceptional from start to finish. Hurtsville would easily slip in to a best 100 Australian albums of all time. Gallows humour on love and life...remorse and romance, all to a dark synth-y pop. With an imposing frame and caramel deep vocal, the guy can hold a room in awe. Saw him at the Marrickville Bowling Club this time last year and he was brilliant. Part of the scene that includes Donny Benet, Kirin J Callinan, Alex Cameron, Holiday Sidewinder [all acts highly recommended]...all artists that, had they lived in the 1980's, would probably have become a scene we talk about today.
]

Was amazed when I checked out the Marrickville Bowling club site and the acts that have performed there, only checked it out because I wanted to find out details about their annual Disco on the Green which is a Mardi Gras recovery party, but was amazed by the group's and acts that have performed there over the years, I feel ashamed because despite living in the area for 23 years I only visited this year for the first time and now like everywhere it is closed, I virtually burst out in tears when I go past there now all closed up, a local gem right under my nose but didn't get to appreciate it more.]

Was amazed when I checked out the Marrickville Bowling club site and the acts that have performed there, only checked it out because I wanted to find out details about their annual Disco on the Green which is a Mardi Gras recovery party, but was amazed by the group's and acts that have performed there over the years, I feel ashamed because despite living in the area for 23 years I only visited this year for the first time and now like everywhere it is closed, I virtually burst out in tears when I go past there now all closed up, a local gem right under my nose but didn't get to appreciate it more.]

I'm a bit the same. I promise myself to go out to more gigs. But I live in the Liverpool area, with two kids. I watch too much cricket and footy and I try to write books, that go unpublished, and coach too many cricket teams and don't get out as much as I should. I did recently see Billy Idol and A-Ha because I basically told my wife we were going or else. Despite all this, I still love finding new music. I listen to a lot of old and new and the new stuff is nothing that is ever on TV or radio much (SWR FM 99.9FM is what I basically listen to or flick around). So I don't really talk to anyone about new music. It's times like these, when I have no chance to do it, that I find myself pining for a footy game or a gig to attend. Still, I have the odd conversation with people like you who love their music and that makes my day.

Chin up. This temporary situation will end. Gigs will come back.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm a bit the same. I promise myself to go out to more gigs. But I live in the Liverpool area, with two kids. I watch too much cricket and footy and I try to write books, that go unpublished, and coach too many cricket teams and don't get out as much as I should. I did recently see Billy Idol and A-Ha because I basically told my wife we were going or else. Despite all this, I still love finding new music. I listen to a lot of old and new and the new stuff is nothing that is ever on TV or radio much (SWR FM 99.9FM is what I basically listen to or flick around). So I don't really talk to anyone about new music. It's times like these, when I have no chance to do it, that I find myself pining for a footy game or a gig to attend. Still, I have the odd conversation with people like you who love their music and that makes my day.

Chin up. This temporary situation will end. Gigs will come back.

Would have loved to see A-Ha (and Rick Astley ) but scarred from Billy Idol from the 2002 Grand Final lol. Luckily living in the inner west so close to some great venues like the Enmore Theatre and the Camelot Lounge where i have seen so many great shows and artists, still hope i get the chance to see Zoot in November. Music wise i'm still stuck in 70s and 80s, just about wet myself when ABBA announced they had two new songs recorded two years ago, unfortunately something keeps on holding up the release and now we probably have another reason why it wont happen this year, just hope i'm still alive to hear them when they are finally released lol. Yes like you it is great to have someone to discuss music with and i love hearing about some of the gigs you have been to. Missing my footy somewhat but it really only dawned to me when i went to write something on the calender the other day and noticed the games penciled in on the dates and i thought i would have been going to that game.
Hopefully sooner than later this last couple of months will be a distant memory.

horrie hastings

First Grade
This came up on my IPOD at work today, great song by Agnetha with Chris Normans distinctive vocals in it also, i actually think all of Smokie performed on the track.