What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What constructive thoughts would you like our board and CEO to hear ?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The style of our attack was all wrong. I want to show them the areas in which we troubled sides in a highlights package and the games which we were meek and allowed teams a rest in defence. I think Parramatta's fortunes are all related to the perception that we can't win a title without playing negative percentage based footy. The real shame is that teams we look at as successful models are not helping, the way to beat the Dragons and the Storm is not to copy them but to use their perceived strength against them.

The team list is not what I would want as a coach but not too far off it. I realise we are looking for a halfback, I think the coaching and recruitment at the junior level needs to be looked at. The quality if the halves that we have coming through is not good enough and I think too much focus has been put on size, strength and speed and not enough in skill.

I would be looking to sign Blake Lazarus or a player in a similar position and giving him first shot at halfback next year. I still think not locking up Hodkinson was the biggest recruitment error in many years and much worse than the loss of Tony Williams. But looking forward is all we can do now. The signing of Murray is a positive step.

The last issue is that the ground announcer must go and his replacement just needs to read the team lists not commentate the game.

btaag

Juniors
a) Stop the pathetic, embarrasing canned chanting during games - we are the laughing stock of the NRL with the stupid "Parra...Parra.." loop always getting played. I love the chant when the fans are doing it, but the canned loop discourages chanting, not encourages it. Several friends are bemused that we lack the atmosphere to generate the Parra chant by ourselves.

b) Outline to the season ticket holders a 3 year strategic plan, including expected playing style, where you expect the NRL and Toyota Cup teams to finish on the ladder and your thoughts on player retention.

c) Develop a strategy to lobby State and Federal Government to upgrade Parramatta Stadium to improve facilities and increase our capacity to more than 19500. Keep the fans updated on progress.

e) Spend more than $3 on the Season ticket holder caps. If you have to differentiate the designs from the cheaper (non-ticketed) membership packages to packages where we pay $170+ for a membership, so be it. Furthermore, embroid "Season ticker holder 2010" on the hats.

forward pass

Coach
Personally I go to the game to watch the game and not the big screen, I go to Wenty games and Junior League games that don't have a big screen. A Big screen is not necessary to watch league.

Of course it's not. But if you are going to provide one, may as well let everyone see it.

Seriously as I said, I would add a Big Screen on the Other hill just to stop you lot bleating about it.

You can say I am bleating MITS. I just dont see why it is so hard to provide a facility to money paying supporters that is worthy of 2010 standards. Video screens are standard at all major stadiums now. It is not a luxury - it is expected.

Bottom line - it wont happen so not sure why I even bother talking about it.

You can say I am bleating MITS. I just dont see why it is so hard to provide a facility to money paying supporters that is worthy of 2010 standards. Video screens are standard at all major stadiums now. It is not a luxury - it is expected.

7/8ths of the Stadium can see the Video Screen, But if we are being serious, the ground needs a major overhaul to bring it up to 2010 standards, as I have said all year, it is starting to get quite dated and useless.

SDM

First Grade
I am upgrading my membership due to those stupid signs, so it probably works both ways, it keeps people away, but also encourages more people to get the more expensive seats.

forward pass

Coach
7/8ths of the Stadium can see the Video Screen, But if we are being serious, the ground needs a major overhaul to bring it up to 2010 standards, as I have said all year, it is starting to get quite dated and useless.

I am no stadium expert, but the very first time I saw the stadium completed, I knew the design was poor. If you are going to have dead straight terrace areas (which you shouldn't) then they need to be a fair way back from the sideline. The sightlines from the the terraces at Parra are absolutely appaling - probably the worst I have ever seen.

You really need to be in the stand for a decent view imo.

btaag

Juniors
the ground needs a major overhaul to bring it up to 2010 standards, as I have said all year, it is starting to get quite dated and useless.

Agreed. It is looking dated and in need of a considerable overhaul. 30,000 all-seater would be nice :) Or a modern updated replica of Anfield

Suitman

Post Whore
I actually think we should buy the stadium and run it ourselves.
Lobby the State and Federals for funds to upgrade it. Do everything in our power to ensure that it is profitable. Pour all the profits back into the club and the community.

Suity

I actually think we should buy the stadium and run it ourselves.
Lobby the State and Federals for funds to upgrade it. Do everything in our power to ensure that it is profitable. Pour all the profits back into the club and the community.

Suity

It's an Idea, but I don't think the club has the $$ for the asking price (which could we been in the terms to tens of millions). I know that Denis wanted to do that back in the day so . . . I don't know any more.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I am upgrading my membership due to those stupid signs, so it probably works both ways, it keeps people away, but also encourages more people to get the more expensive seats.

I would upgrade too if I was allowed to have a beer, stand, wave oversized banners or flags and cheer as loud as I like. The fact is I can only do that in the Northern Terrace and we can't see the screen.
The players can't see the replays, after a try has been scored at that end, either.
My other suggestion is to also have an upgraded supporter area in the Eastern Terrace where we can see a screen like Penrith's Black Hole.
The three most Northern Bays of the Cronin Stand currently have no season ticket holders.

Tony Bongo

Bench

I would upgrade too if I could play my bongo, drink a beer, wave an oversized banner or flag, cheer as loud as I like and stand up when I felt like it. I can only do that in the Northern Terrace though.
As I said before they should give the vocal flag waving supporters an upgraded option to increase revenue. The Northern 3 bays are available in the Cronin Stand that are not sold to season ticket holders. We could have something like what Penrith does with the Black Hole which is in a perfect spot for TV coverage as well.
They should consider a new brand name for it and create a whole new revenue stream for the club.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I would upgrade too if I could play my bongo, drink a beer, wave an oversized banner or flag, cheer as loud as I like and stand up when I felt like it. I can only do that in the Northern Terrace though.
As I said before they should give the vocal flag waving supporters an upgraded option to increase revenue. The Northern 3 bays are available in the Cronin Stand that are not sold to season ticket holders. We could have something like what Penrith does with the Black Hole which is in a perfect spot for TV coverage as well.
They should consider a new brand name for it and create a whole new revenue stream for the club.
I thought my first post didn't work so I retyped it.:crazy:
Oh well

mrpwnd

Bench
I agree, our stadium needs to be improved/expanded, in the mean-time ANZ is a very viable ground to play from, as we will potentially get massive crowds there.
I'm sure we all want it, but even though it's our home ground is it even owned by us? I don't think Ozzie or the board have too much power/say in what happens to the development of parra stadium.

I think they really need to look at aspects of the membership. I don't think they researched it very well, in particular in comparison to what the AFL clubs give members.

e.g. we have a million hats at home being STH - give members the option, a scarf or a hat for example.

If you are going to have a laynard, have a way to actually attached your season ticket.

More signing sessions - the one at the beginning of the year at Westfield had way too many people. Give the different type of members thier own signing session after training etc.

Latest posts