What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What constructive thoughts would you like our board and CEO to hear ?

bartman

Immortal
They tried to fix it - even held a meeting about it - but it didn't work and the two people responsible for the leaks are not going to stop.
That just shows weak leadership imo. Use the code of conduct provisions - all employees and directors have them and should be held to account if acting against them.

The club needs to fix the leaks to media properly, or the whole board can pay the price at the ballot box. :x

Ratchy

Juniors
b) Outline to the season ticket holders a 3 year strategic plan, including expected playing style, where you expect the NRL and Toyota Cup teams to finish on the ladder and your thoughts on player retention.

You would never get that from anyone in a million years due to the so many variables that could and will happen on a daily basis to change the outcome.

Tony Bongo

Bench
It is great to see so many supporters on this site taking an interest in the future of the club we love so much. I will be presenting this thread to Paul Osborne and the Board tomorrow so if you have anything constructive you wish to add, here is your last chance to do so.

bartman

Immortal
I guess I'd question the rise in STH (ticketed memberships) this year, and the value they represented to existing STHs. The increase can be put down to the decision to bundle the Football Club Membership in with the ST, but they also increased FC membership from $25 to $70 in one hit... with the only benefits for this extra cost a bunch of cheap and largely unwanted extra merchandise (lucky to be worth one tenth of the price increase).

Given the on field performance was less than stellar, ticketed memberships should either be reduced somewhat in price to become better value for money, or have their price frozen for the next five years due to this disproportionate price hike. After 25 years as a STH, I am considering whether I want to fork out again next year, as a result of the impact of decisions like that one.

bartman

Immortal
Oh, and I'm not sure it's been mentioned, but I believe our club culture is not well represented by the amount of stories in the media carrying information that should really remain confidential.

There has been an abundance of stories for the last 18-24 months about our club, with quotes from "insiders" and "sources". You don't see it happen half as much at other clubs, who manage somehow to keep things that should be under wraps actually under wraps (maybe by enforcing staff/player/board code of conduct clauses?), and who cut short shrift to rumoured stories (maybe through threatening litigation?), so that the journos learn not to run with empty stories after that.

We really can - and have to - do more to control the media and regain the outward impression of stability for our club. Control who gives quotes and under what circumstances, and professionally show up empty media chatter for what it is - I don't think we've been doing this as well as other clubs - look at the transition the Dogs have made in the media dealings since say 2004...

Freak2

Juniors
I think a lot of things that have been raised in this thread have been already taken on board by the club.

One thing that I would like to see happen (Before any other club suggest the same) is moving all games against other Sydney based sides to Homebush. It's cheaper, it provides far superior corporate and non corporate facilities, and it has no limitations on crowd capacities. We also get an advantage of playing at the ground that the team will be playing sudden death football at later in the season. Crowds in the game in the next 5 years should be swelling to 25k+ with the NRL's push to membership based revenue (versus poker machine club revenue)
A strong move like this will also put the Parramtta Stadium Trust on notice that they don't hold a monopoly and it enforces them to make the required changes to Parra Stadium.

Memberships: $25 to $70 to continue to be a football club member was way too strong this year. I want to know that this trend will not continue....
Long term memberships should also be offered (I have suggested this myself previously)
I would love to see STH plans offered where you can purchase a 5 or 10 year STH at a reduced price. I'm sure many supporters would jump at the chance to invest long term in the club and this would be a great way for the club to raise capital, secure membership numbers, and remove the tedious job of renewal memberships. We do it at the leagues club so why not STH?

SDM

First Grade
I think a lot of things that have been raised in this thread have been already taken on board by the club.

One thing that I would like to see happen (Before any other club suggest the same) is moving all games against other Sydney based sides to Homebush. It's cheaper, it provides far superior corporate and non corporate facilities, and it has no limitations on crowd capacities. We also get an advantage of playing at the ground that the team will be playing sudden death football at later in the season. Crowds in the game in the next 5 years should be swelling to 25k+ with the NRL's push to membership based revenue (versus poker machine club revenue)
A strong move like this will also put the Parramtta Stadium Trust on notice that they don't hold a monopoly and it enforces them to make the required changes to Parra Stadium.

Memberships: $25 to $70 to continue to be a football club member was way too strong this year. I want to know that this trend will not continue....
Long term memberships should also be offered (I have suggested this myself previously)
I would love to see STH plans offered where you can purchase a 5 or 10 year STH at a reduced price. I'm sure many supporters would jump at the chance to invest long term in the club and this would be a great way for the club to raise capital, secure membership numbers, and remove the tedious job of renewal memberships. We do it at the leagues club so why not STH?

Yep, I agree 100%. It is time to move forward, not get stuck in the past. Also the Stadium Trust need us a hell of a lot more than we need them, and this needs to be drilled into them becasue they seem to act as if it is the other way around.

hybrideel

Bench
i think they need to give families more options. from memory you could only get a family season ticket for the southern terrace and one of the grandstands. they should have them for all the areas or at the very least one out of the eastern and western terraces so the 3 options are covered

btaag

Juniors
Yep, I agree 100%. It is time to move forward, not get stuck in the past. Also the Stadium Trust need us a hell of a lot more than we need them, and this needs to be drilled into them becasue they seem to act as if it is the other way around.

Almost pains me to say it, but I agree - if the Trust does not expand and improve Parra Stadium (or give us a VASTLY better deal), we should consider ANZ like many other clubs (at least for more games). I can see us moving towards an AFL model where most teams play out of the MCG for the big games and smaller stadiums (in Melbourne, Etihad) for the smaller games.

A 30,000 all-seater Parramatta Stadium, with more corporate boxes, cheaper rent and more merchandise options (with catering and merch $$ going to the Eels) would be a more attractive package.

I am still hanging out for a State Government / Opposition grant to re-build Parramatta Stadium, as unlikely as that is :crazy:

Almost pains me to say it, but I agree - if the Trust does not expand and improve Parra Stadium (or give us a VASTLY better deal), we should consider ANZ like many other clubs (at least for more games). I can see us moving towards an AFL model where most teams play out of the MCG for the big games and smaller stadiums (in Melbourne, Etihad) for the smaller games.

A 30,000 all-seater Parramatta Stadium, with more corporate boxes, cheaper rent and more merchandise options (with catering and merch $$ going to the Eels) would be a more attractive package.

I am still hanging out for a State Government / Opposition grant to re-build Parramatta Stadium, as unlikely as that is :crazy:

State Government already gave them $5million. We need Federal money and PVT investment.

Freak2

Juniors
This is a little off centre but another idea I thought could work is for the fan Day next year. The club should make the signing session open only to STH's and pre booked. This gives STH's something else for their contribution for supporting the club through their $$$$.

This would also limit the time players are sitting down just signing away jerseys and more time to mingle and enjoy the crowd and the festivities of the day.

Just a thought!!

Tony Bongo

Bench
i think they need to give families more options. from memory you could only get a family season ticket for the southern terrace and one of the grandstands. they should have them for all the areas or at the very least one out of the eastern and western terraces so the 3 options are covered
I would like to see a supporters area in the Eastern Terrace that is a General Admission family area where the parents can have a beer as well. I also like the idea of it being a safe area as it will be exclusively for eels fans and away from visiting supporters.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd like to ask a more football related question

Does Daniel Anderson have full and total control of the first grade side? Does have the ultimate decision on who we recruit, who we let go, and who we re-sign?

If not, why not?

If so, (and to the best of your ability to explain without giving anything confidential away) what is his plan to deal with the deficiency in the halves and, moving forward, how does he plan to ensure that we play the football we are capable of playing consistently?

Haynzy

First Grade
I'd like to ask a more football related question

Does Daniel Anderson have full and total control of the first grade side? Does have the ultimate decision on who we recruit, who we let go, and who we re-sign?

If not, why not?

If so, (and to the best of your ability to explain without giving anything confidential away) what is his plan to deal with the deficiency in the halves and, moving forward, how does he plan to ensure that we play the football we are capable of playing consistently?

Excellent questions Baz.... I wouldn't mind an answer there, prefrably sans spin.

Eels Dude

Coach
I would like to see a supporters area in the Eastern Terrace that is a General Admission family area where the parents can have a beer as well. I also like the idea of it being a safe area as it will be exclusively for eels fans and away from visiting supporters.

I don't know if it's up to the club or not... but I'd like to see the end bays on both the western and eastern terraces GA similar to what Penrith have. First come first serve on gameday. The way it is at the moment makes it hard to organise going with a group as a lot of people dislike the Northern and Southern Terraces so if you want to get tickets on the sidelines you need to buy them ASAP but that's near impossible if you're trying to rally a crew as numbers can often be hard to get in advance.

TheRam

Coach
For starters, how about they keep their mouths shut! Oh sorry, the title says "constructive thoughts". How about they keep their mouths shut!

gUt

Coach
Ask them to try to promote Jarryd Hayne a little more in the media. We just don't get to hear and see enough of this classy kid.

SDM

First Grade
Ask them to try to promote Jarryd Hayne a little more in the media. We just don't get to hear and see enough of this classy kid.

Maybe you could join his Twitter feed to get the additional info that you crave.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I don't know if it's up to the club or not... but I'd like to see the end bays on both the western and eastern terraces GA similar to what Penrith have. First come first serve on gameday. The way it is at the moment makes it hard to organise going with a group as a lot of people dislike the Northern and Southern Terraces so if you want to get tickets on the sidelines you need to buy them ASAP but that's near impossible if you're trying to rally a crew as numbers can often be hard to get in advance.

That's exactly what I had in mind. There is no reason why we can't have this in the best available bay though. It would be great for families as well with varying numbers from game to game. Also if I were to take my kids I would like the option of being able to move away from anyone swearing etc or allow them to sit with friends they may meet during the course of a season.

Latest posts