What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What constructive thoughts would you like our board and CEO to hear ?

Tony Bongo

Bench
That is an issue for the trust

It's a bigger issue for our Members and Season Ticket Holders who can't see the screen, therefore, it is also an issue for our club. It's clear that attempts have been made by our club to address this, but of late we have heard nothing. I don't think it's too much to ask for an update on what (if anything) the club intends to do about this moving forward. It doesn't effect me personally any more, as I now have a good view of the screen from The Swarm in the Eastern Terrace, but since the Northern and Southern Terraces are the only GA seating I'm sure it still affects a lot of our supporters.
If we had a GA (Blue and Gold Army) section in the Eastern Terrace then Parra fans would have an option but as it stands that is not the case.

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
It's a bigger issue for our Members and Season Ticket Holders who can't see the screen, therefore, it is also an issue for our club. It's clear that attempts have been made by our club to address this, but of late we have heard nothing. I don't think it's too much to ask for an update on what (if anything) the club intends to do about this moving forward. It doesn't effect me personally any more, as I now have a good view of the screen from The Swarm in the Eastern Terrace, but since the Northern and Southern Terraces are the only GA seating I'm sure it still affects a lot of our supporters.
If we had a GA (Blue and Gold Army) section in the Eastern Terrace then Parra fans would have an option but as it stands that is not the case.

We are a tennant of the Stadium

We dont own the Stadium

Any improvements with catering, screens, hand rails, etc must go through the trust

Gronk

Staff member
Blaming the trust that we have crap replay screens is a cop out. It's up to the Trust to provide the bricks and mortar. It's up to the Eels to provide the fans with a game day experience.

mickdo

Coach
What exactly are they supposed to do then Gronk? Wave a magic wand? Whether you like it or not, the Trust deals with the screens.

Gronk

Staff member
What exactly are they supposed to do then Gronk? Wave a magic wand? Whether you like it or not, the Trust deals with the screens.

Bullshit. You are holding the event. You work it out. Country race meetings seem to be able deal with event problems FFS.

Belmont-Park-300x225.jpg

forward pass

Coach
Any business will do its best to look after it's clients - especially a major one!

As the main tenant, I think the club has every right to make demands of the trust. If they can't help - then there is another stadium that is 5 times bigger that may be able to help.

mickdo

Coach
Bullshit. You are holding the event. You work it out. Country race meetings seem to be able deal with event problems FFS.

Belmont-Park-300x225.jpg

Country race meetings? Oh ffs.

Perth Racing owns Belmont racetrack. The Parra Eels do not own Parra Stadium.

Last edited:

mickdo

Coach
Any business will do its best to look after it's clients - especially a major one!

As the main tenant, I think the club has every right to make demands of the trust. If they can't help - then there is another stadium that is 5 times bigger that may be able to help.

Yeah, and the day after the club moved all our games to Homebush, every single person on here would be bagging them for leaving Parra Stadium :lol:

SDM

First Grade
I used to be all for a move to Homebush, but now they only sell piss weak beer, as long as Parra keeps the full strenth, thumbs up from me.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The Parra Eels have to play at Parra.

I don't know what the solution to the screen is. Surely there must be a solution though.

Jodeci

Bench
Blaming the trust that we have crap replay screens is a cop out. It's up to the Trust to provide the bricks and mortar. It's up to the Eels to provide the fans with a game day experience.

It's not a cop out Gronk.

Ozzie has been meeting with them to get a few things upgraded like the Gym, etc

They ripped out the Boxing ring in the gym to make way for some new machines.

They simply dont want to spend that kind of money on a screen when the stadium is only occupied for 10 games

Gronk

Staff member
Country race meetings? Oh ffs.

Perth Racing owns Belmont racetrack. The Parra Eels do not own Parra Stadium.

Well done. You've sourced the random picture from google to discredit my argument. Very clever. :roll:

Facts are that clubs have in the past trucked in screens as do the NSWRL when City Country are in regional areas. There is a solution available and of course you know that.

These screens are used everywhere from golf, soccer to Tennis and Olympic Games live sites.

Last edited:

eels81236

Bench
Didn't Ozzy go to India to source one? Was he doing this on behalf of the trust? If not, what has changed that we are no longer going this alone?

forward pass

Coach
It's not a cop out Gronk.

Ozzie has been meeting with them to get a few things upgraded like the Gym, etc

They ripped out the Boxing ring in the gym to make way for some new machines.

They simply dont want to spend that kind of money on a screen when the stadium is only occupied for 10 games

Fair enough.

But if the club gave notice to the trust that it was intending relocating to a different stadium, those signs obstructing the screen would be moved back within a month!

mickdo

Coach
Well done. You've sourced the random picture from google to discredit my argument. Very clever. :roll:

You're the one who posted the picture you dill!

Facts are that clubs have in the past trucked in screens as do the NSWRL when City Country are in regional areas. There is a solution available and of course you know that.

These screens are used everywhere from golf, soccer to Tennis and Olympic Games live sites.

And in all cases they would have the agreement of the hosting body. We don't have that. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Jodeci

Bench
The current lease/arrangements of both ANZ and Parramatta Stadium expires at the end of this year I believe

Gronk

Staff member
You're the one who posted the picture you dill!
As an example that event organizers use them. The problem is what exactly ?

And in all cases they would have the agreement of the hosting body. We don't have that. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Who said that Parra Stadium Trust don't allow portable screens to be trucked in ? Link ?

mickdo

Coach
As an example that event organizers use them. The problem is what exactly ?

Except it was an example where the organiser OWNED the venue, a situation which is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I'm sorry that you were careless in linking a photo that did not fit your argument, but that was your fault, not mine.

Who said that Parra Stadium Trust don't allow portable screens to be trucked in ? Link ?

I think Jodeci has just explained this above

Latest posts