What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What constructive thoughts would you like our board and CEO to hear ?

Gronk

Staff member
Footy Confidential in the Telecrap reports this morning that Ozzie was in India last/this week.

"..I was over there to do a deal with a company that makes big screens."

Source: Tika Masala

Yeah Ossie said he was looking at getting the Scoreboard at Parramatta Stadium (Southern/Kenny end) Updated to be a Video Screen and was looking to leverage that Partnership to do so.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Footy Confidential in the Telecrap reports this morning that Ozzie was in India last/this week.

"..I was over there to do a deal with a company that makes big screens."

Source: Tika Masala

I congratulate him and the board for listening to the fans and taking our needs/wants seriously. It is great to have such a clear indication that our administration are listening to us as supporters and willing to do something about it. I hope this continues to be the case with many of the other concerns and ideas raised here.

Gronk

Staff member
Frankly Ozzie is doing the job of the Parra Stadium Trust. With Sydney Rovers FC getting a license for 2010/11 and not having cemented a Stadium deal as yet, the Trust should be getting off their arse and doing exactly what Ozzie is doing.

fish eel

Immortal
Frankly Ozzie is doing the job of the Parra Stadium Trust. With Sydney Rovers FC getting a license for 2010/11 and not having cemented a Stadium deal as yet, the Trust should be getting off their arse and doing exactly what Ozzie is doing.

I think a stadium deal is the least of Rovers worry.

IIRC, wasn't there talk earlier in the year about this Indian company and a new screen?

Gronk

Staff member
I think a stadium deal is the least of Rovers worry.

IIRC, wasn't there talk earlier in the year about this Indian company and a new screen?

Yeah they need a Sugar Daddy. Frank should get Westfields to sponsor the Rovers and chuck in some cash for the Eels as well. ;-)

born an eel

Bench
I congratulate him and the board for listening to the fans and taking our needs/wants seriously. It is great to have such a clear indication that our administration are listening to us as supporters and willing to do something about it. I hope this continues to be the case with many of the other concerns and ideas raised here.
I wouldn't go off to early as this was also done last year with no improvement. A new screen was placed in exactly the same location as the old one but was infact harder to see and reverted back to the old style.

Bigfella

Coach
Because India are world leaders in stadium management and infrastructure.

How good do those Commonwealth Games look?

:lol::lol:

Tony Bongo

Bench
I wouldn't go off to early as this was also done last year with no improvement. A new screen was placed in exactly the same location as the old one but was infact harder to see and reverted back to the old style.

So we don't give up. Nor do we let them. I don't accept the line that they have tried things in the past. I heard that today about the Supporters Bay in the Eastern Terrace. I expect results on and off the field. None of this we tried and failed once so it can't be done. I want our administration to lead the way in continuing to strive to achieve what they set out to do until they have success.
Not winning a premiership is not good enough, not having a decent replay screen is not good enough and not having a Supporters Bay with decent seats is not good enough.

I would like to add there be a regional blue blood membership where as they can take the $20 voucher out and only charge $50 for the membership, how many regional or interstate members would use thier $20 voucher?

bartman

Immortal
Not winning a premiership is not good enough, not having a decent replay screen is not good enough and not having a Supporters Bay with decent seats is not good enough.
And not keeping promises made to get elected is not good enough, at least not imo...

born an eel

Bench
So we don't give up. Nor do we let them. I don't accept the line that they have tried things in the past. I heard that today about the Supporters Bay in the Eastern Terrace. I expect results on and off the field. None of this we tried and failed once so it can't be done. I want our administration to lead the way in continuing to strive to achieve what they set out to do until they have success.
who said anything about "giving up because they have tried things in the past", I was just pointing out you were giving praise to ozzie because he took a trip to india, exactly as he did last year and that didn't benefit anyone. I will wait for result before giving unwarranted praise.

Tony Bongo

Bench
who said anything about "giving up because they have tried things in the past", I was just pointing out you were giving praise to ozzie because he took a trip to india, exactly as he did last year and that didn't benefit anyone. I will wait for result before giving unwarranted praise.
Fair call. I do give points for effort but results are what really counts. I don't think our view differs too much in that regard.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I would like to add there be a regional blue blood membership where as they can take the $20 voucher out and only charge $50 for the membership, how many regional or interstate members would use thier $20 voucher?

I hear a lot of talk about the need to upgrade memberships but I think what you have raised here is a good idea. I would like to see a cheaper no frills membership option also, especially for interstate and regional members like yourself.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Originally Posted by Tony Bongo

And not keeping promises made to get elected is not good enough, at least not imo...

Oh well so far we have one from three after a couple of years. Anyone have any news on the replay screen ?

Gronk

Staff member
Nah I'm good with this one. Agree on the screen. A mate of mine's got a samsung in his den bigger than our replay thingy.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Nah I'm good with this one. Agree on the screen. A mate of mine's got a samsung in his den bigger than our replay thingy.

The club seemed to agree on the screen also but previously used the excuse that Fitzy was on the board and wouldn't let it proceed (IMO of course). Now that he isn't there I would like to know what the plan is.

Jodeci

Bench
The club seemed to agree on the screen also but previously used the excuse that Fitzy was on the board and wouldn't let it proceed (IMO of course). Now that he isn't there I would like to know what the plan is.

That is an issue for the trust

Latest posts