What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What constructive thoughts would you like our board and CEO to hear ?

Gronk

Staff member
Except it was an example where the organiser OWNED the venue, a situation which is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I'm sorry that you were careless in linking a photo that did not fit your argument, but that was your fault, not mine.
Facts are that they are out there and used by event organisers. Who gives a f**k if Belmont Races are owned by Perth Racing or Angelina Jolie.

I think Jodeci has just explained this above
No he just said that the Trust won't install bigger screens for us.

2-5-led-screen2.jpg

Event organisers can put a screen anywhere as this random pick shows. There is no problem with the Trust. After all they allowed that stupid lounge chair to be hung from a crane last year.

carson

Juniors
Belmont park is not a country race track...when it is in use in winter it is the #1 race track in Perth!!!

mickdo

Coach
No he just said that the Trust won't install bigger screens for us.

I think the main issue is that they won't remove the advertising boards that block the screen, which blocks the view for those on the North hill, and would still block it whether there was a bigger screen or not

Event organisers can put a screen anywhere as this random pick shows. There is no problem with the Trust. After all they allowed that stupid lounge chair to be hung from a crane last year.

So you think the club should go out on its own and fork out for a bigger screen (that would still not be visible from the North Hill) and all the costs involved despite there already being one there? Surely the wiser course of action would be to keep working on the trust to get them to do it, and move the advertising boards?

Gronk

Staff member
I think the main issue is that they won't remove the advertising boards that block the screen, which blocks the view for those on the North hill, and would still block it whether there was a bigger screen or not
only if they locate the temp screen in the same place of the current mini screen.

So you think the club should go out on its own and fork out for a bigger screen
Yes. Truck it in on game day. Truck it out same night. 12 hour rental tops, 10 times a year.

(that would still not be visible from the North Hill)
That depends on where they position it. If the put it high enough everyone will see it.

and all the costs involved despite there already being one there?
Maybe taking an entrepreneurial position on this will improve the game day experience and improve the gate and merchandise sales ? ;-)

Surely the wiser course of action would be to keep working on the trust to get them to do it, and move the advertising boards?
Nup. The ad boards are only part of the problem. They need to get a decent screen and position it so all the punters can see it.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
I believe the current portable screen is hired by the NRL and the football club and not by the trust.

MITS has stated in the past that we are responsible for the advertising, so we may have control over the signs on the north hill.

Hopefully MITS can clarify both.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Parra Pete or Twizzle might know the answer to this. How did they used to do the replays back in the old days before we had television? Was there big screens at the ground back in the early 1900's?

Gronk

Staff member
Parra Pete or Twizzle might know the answer to this. How did they used to do the replays back in the old days before we had television? Was there big screens at the ground back in the early 1900's?

My guess is that they had a stage where the screen is now and quickly assembled a reenactment for the fans.

born an eel

Bench
if they had replay screens back then Hartley would never been able to leave a ground. He was lucky you had to wait till you got home to watch the replay on TV to confirm your beliefs.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I believe the current portable screen is hired by the NRL and the football club and not by the trust.

MITS has stated in the past that we are responsible for the advertising, so we may have control over the signs on the north hill.

Hopefully MITS can clarify both.

This is my understanding too and we get charged for the hire of the screen - not the Stadium. I was told that the advantage of us buying our own screen was that it would pay for itself in a few years depending on how often we could rent it out when we don't need it. When I brought this up again it wasn't intended as an instant demand for a screen, however some communication from the club giving the fans some clarity around this wouldn't go astray. In fact it would be the polite thing to do.

Suitman

Post Whore
The screen is an abomination, and whether it is the Trust's issue or not, the club should be pushing harder to have the issue rectified.
It just is not acceptable in this day and age of modern stadia that several thousand people cannot see a replay screen.

The club should be making a song and dance about the issue through the media, and let it be publically known that they will take their business elsewhere if the stadium is not brought up to modern day standards.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
The screen is an abomination, and whether it is the Trust's issue or not, the club should be pushing harder to have the issue rectified.
It just is not acceptable in this day and age of modern stadia that several thousand people cannot see a replay screen.

The club should be making a song and dance about the issue through the media, and let it be publically known that they will take their business elsewhere if the stadium is not brought up to modern day standards.

Suity
good luck with that considering the state of finances both at state and federal government levels. It would also require an injection of funds from us.

Suitman

Post Whore
good luck with that considering the state of finances both at state and federal government levels. It would also require an injection of funds from us.

Yes, wishful thinking perhaps, but Julia has been handing out money for stadiums left, right and centre lately (Adelaide, SCG, Hobart).
Whoever originally approved the decision to put advertising hoardings behind the end terraces should hang their head(s) in shame.

Suity

carson

Juniors
Might have half a chance if the lease was up for renewal...in between leases you would have no chance!!

mickdo

Coach
only if they locate the temp screen in the same place of the current mini screen.

Yes. Truck it in on game day. Truck it out same night. 12 hour rental tops, 10 times a year.

That depends on where they position it. If the put it high enough everyone will see it.

Maybe taking an entrepreneurial position on this will improve the game day experience and improve the gate and merchandise sales ? ;-)

Nup. The ad boards are only part of the problem. They need to get a decent screen and position it so all the punters can see it.

The boards may only be part of the problem but both need to rectified in order to solve it, otherwise having a temp screen up high to get over it is going to add to the cost. Trucking in a screen is really only a temporary fix, and for the $$$ involved may not be feasable without Trust input. Of course if the NRL is going to pay for it then that's a different story.

strider

Post Whore

Suity

f'n oath - get joshy on hte case, he's gotta be useful for something once in a while

Latest posts