What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What convinced me about today.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
We need at least one more prop who can hurt an opposition.

Cannings is a potential liability in defense, which might be okay if he was at his damaging best in attack. But has anyone seen it from him yet?

it's what we're lacking at the moment and should be adressed for 08, we should sign a decent prop with the sallary that both Tsolous and Cannings are on.

eel01s

Bench
eelavation said:
it's what we're lacking at the moment and should be adressed for 08, we should sign a decent prop with the sallary that both Tsolous and Cannings are on.

Amen to that!

Stagger eel

Staff member
seriously, did anyone have a look at how happy and relieved the dogs were after the game, they didn't storm off thinking we should smashed those mothers, those pricks knew they had a game of footy and had to step up big time to beat us, if anything they may of developed a bit of respect for us.

eel01s

Bench
I think our pack would have silenced a few critics yesterday. We more than matched it with the Dogs.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:

Not a truer word spoken on this forum. In the meantime Cannings may have to make way for a bloke like Fa'aoso who at least has some mongrel and would be like another Fuifui coming off the bench

Utey

Coach
Once again, theres a big step up. Some make it and some don't. We still need that marquee prop.

forward pass

Coach
Something that convinced me about today -

Luke Burt is so important to our team and people should should realise that. I think he is actually our most dangerous player most of the time and his form has been sensational. He really deserves credit - not the bagging he cops in here- for his consistency, effort and enthusiasm. And lets not forget the loyalty he has shown this club - not many others have unfortunately.

Seriously, where we would we be this year without him??? Throw in his goalkicking which has been magnificent, he is so crucial to us now. Credit where credits due !

Gronk

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
We have a very good Premier League pack. And the key is that they run hard and have more to offer than just simple hit ups.

Thing is the Dogs PL pack were marshmallows.

Stagger eel

Staff member
9. Adam Perry
10. Jon Green
11. Aaron Wheatley
12. Nick Kouparitsas
13. Adam Brideson

there some firstgrade experiance there and they were 8 points with us prior to yesterday.

Bigfella

Coach
Burt is helping a lot of our players out. his extra efforts in attack, to offer an option to tim on a chase or support, and trailing Eric, and Fui, are huge pluses.

And his kick returns were fantastic on the weekend. it's an area of his game which has attracted plenty of criticism, and in some regards quite fairly, but he returned the ball cleverly, mixing up his pace and step, and broke a lot of first tackles.

He is also imprtant to the attitude and emotion of the team, one of the first to celebrate, and pump up his teammates.

Going brilliantly.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Burt is helping a lot of our players out. his extra efforts in attack, to offer an option to tim on a chase or support, and trailing Eric, and Fui, are huge pluses.

And his kick returns were fantastic on the weekend. it's an area of his game which has attracted plenty of criticism, and in some regards quite fairly, but he returned the ball cleverly, mixing up his pace and step, and broke a lot of first tackles.

He is also imprtant to the attitude and emotion of the team, one of the first to celebrate, and pump up his teammates.

Going brilliantly.

hello? what about his goal kicking? he's 5 to 10% better in that department this year than what he was last year. as adding quite a bit to our side at the moment. and you can tell because we haven't whinged about McKinnon leaving since round 2.

yy_cheng

Coach
We tried to use Tahu in 2 ways. Early on we had a deeper than normal backline and we tried to throw some long passes out to Tahu.
However, it wasn't executed very well.

Secondly, I think that put Mateo out on the left hoping that he would get his arms free to pass to Tahu.

However, I don't think he managed one offload all game and so that strategy had failed. But in saying so, I think it's a play worth persevering.

Mateo to run in the gap between the centre and the defender who is the third in from the sideline, slips his arms free and offloads to Tahu with Hayne on his outside against 1 defender.

Feleti just needs to get his arm free.

cirque

Juniors
Well.. i think we p layed quite attacking football firsthalf. I think the try before halftime cost us in terms of temparement. Eric Grothe- I think he is loosing his toouch. I am not sure whether the senior players in our Team take everything for granted. We need to win these close games. We haven't met Melbourne yet - so I cannot tell whether our team is ready for top four spot. Luke Burt was good and I thought he is a stand out among others. Timmy is showing is brilliance but his occasional brain explosion is killing us. WE should have gone for field goal. The field goal may cost 1 point - but with that opposiiton becomes desparate and they tend to make mistake, which exactly EELS did. We chocked - and that is disheartining. Dogs were good - they have never die spirits which we were lacking. We need players who wants success.. which were lacking. We should have won the game. It would have been a huge boost to Hages and his game plan if were to win the game. I am not sure why we started playing fancy - (according Cayless). It baffles me how we loose game. Missed tackles and error are plenty.
One more thing - Finch played ok not ecstatic but yes he played within his limits. Grothe was a disaster. He needs to get his game sorted out. At this moement we are get disjoined when opposition applies pressure. Which I guess HAges needs to sort out. WE are not playing as a team. At one instance - I saw (Tahu, I think) was waveing to somebody - while ball was played. It was quite weird - that he wasn't ready.
Nathan Caylass is good - he is improving. His penetration is good.

cirque said:
Well.. i think we p layed quite attacking football firsthalf. I think the try before halftime cost us in terms of temparement. Eric Grothe- I think he is loosing his toouch. I am not sure whether the senior players in our Team take everything for granted. We need to win these close games. We haven't met Melbourne yet - so I cannot tell whether our team is ready for top four spot. Luke Burt was good and I thought he is a stand out among others. Timmy is showing is brilliance but his occasional brain explosion is killing us. WE should have gone for field goal. The field goal may cost 1 point - but with that opposiiton becomes desparate and they tend to make mistake, which exactly EELS did. We chocked - and that is disheartining. Dogs were good - they have never die spirits which we were lacking. We need players who wants success.. which were lacking. We should have won the game. It would have been a huge boost to Hages and his game plan if were to win the game. I am not sure why we started playing fancy - (according Cayless). It baffles me how we loose game. Missed tackles and error are plenty.
One more thing - Finch played ok not ecstatic but yes he played within his limits. Grothe was a disaster. He needs to get his game sorted out. At this moement we are get disjoined when opposition applies pressure. Which I guess HAges needs to sort out. WE are not playing as a team. At one instance - I saw (Tahu, I think) was waveing to somebody - while ball was played. It was quite weird - that he wasn't ready.
Nathan Caylass is good - he is improving. His penetration is good.

Normally that happens when the Opposition Score more points.

Utey

Coach
yy_cheng said:
Feleti just needs to get his arm free.

Even if he did, the Dogs covered it nicely. There is no one in supoort running through even looking for the offload anyways.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
9. Adam Perry
10. Jon Green
11. Aaron Wheatley
12. Nick Kouparitsas
13. Adam Brideson

there some firstgrade experiance there and they were 8 points with us prior to yesterday.

Add to that Charlie Farah who was very strong and the number 20 (don't know who he was), if he could hold the ball then was very dangerous. I don't think Parramatta let them play well.

I don't know what has happened though because Eelavation and I are agreeing. Maybe he needs to say that he disagrees but then say the exact same thing that I said is correct. :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Add to that Charlie Farah who was very strong and the number 20 (don't know who he was), if he could hold the ball then was very dangerous. I don't think Parramatta let them play well.

I don't know what has happened though because Eelavation and I are agreeing. Maybe he needs to say that he disagrees but then say the exact same thing that I said is correct. :D

I think I should put a stop to this..

KK's playing brilliant football must be because there's a number 6 on the back of his shirt :D

Smartman

Juniors
I got to give Ben Smith a big wrap.

His defence is second to none, closing on Matt Cooper as the best defensive centre in the game.

He shut down Tonga all day yesterday.