What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do to earn a crust.

Kiwi

First Grade
Better make sure they are quality steel caps.

A bloke at a factory I worked at as an 18 y.o. had a forklift run over his cheapy steel caps and it bent down and sliced right into his foot

Well forklifts aren't light, a standard one that lifts 2.5tonne comes in at just under 5 tonne, which would easily be twice the weight of an ambo, plus an ambo has air in their tyres whist foklifts are solid with no give.

Bazal

Post Whore
While forklifts are certainly stunningly heavy, car tires don't have that much give....I mean, if you run over an orange, it's gonna be rooted. Your foot is not a whole lot stronger.

Ausguy

Coach
weird but i always felt that a car running over my foot wouldnt be so bad.... ive got no idea why i feel this way.

Hallatia

Referee
I've had my foot run over by a car and I was fine, I use the term "run over" lightly, auto-mobile's wheel went over foot.

beave

Coach
am I the only that is contemplating getting the missus to run the car over ones foot to see how much damage it inflicts????

It might be just me though............

Hallatia

Referee
I was getting out of a car when my foot got ran over by that car, I don't remember if it was my own idiocy or my friend's, but it wasn't pleasant. It didn't cause any damage though, and I think the wheel ended up parked on my foot, we (me and another friend in the car) were yelling at the driver to move it.

In that same week, I had someone close a car door on my hand, that was worse. Lucky it was the window part not another part.

Springs

First Grade
I had my foot run over. It broke all 5 bones. Four needed wires. The first metatarsal was completely shattered. Now it's half an inch shorter than my other foot.

simmo1

First Grade
I had my foot run over. It broke all 5 bones. Four needed wires. The first metatarsal was completely shattered. Now it's half an inch shorter than my other foot.

This sounds like the much more believable story.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I've heard a lot of fireys don't wear steel caps because the metal in the caps conducts heat and burns their toes when in a fire.......... and also similar to what you are saying, they would rather have a broken foot than have severed toes following steel caps collapsing when something heavy hitting the boots.............. I could be fed shit there but it's what I have been told.

Having been a retained Fiery myself I can tell you this is true. Any metal close to your skin is bad at high temps.

Also wearing satin undies/boxers too. That shit melts into your skin